Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most interesting weapons to try

Mesolimbo

Question

Although I'm basically collecting everything in the game, there are some weapons that are too generic or bad they are not worth investing time or forma for them. I need a list of Top 5-10 fun/interesting yet viable very end-game weapons to try in every category basically (Melee, Pistols, Snipers, Shotguns, Bows, etc etc. Same for secondaries).

Recommend away. You don't have to recommend builds, I'll google those, but if there's a specific build that could make a seemingly generic weapon interesting/fun, feel free to mention it.

4 answers to this question

Lanka built for Gas procs

Zarr (It's pretty bizarre)

Sonicor with blast damage

Pox corrosive-blast build

Ninkondi status build 

Mios hybrid build

Mostly for fun but most of these can be brought into late game :) My personal Favourite is the Mios.

Primary:

Hema

Ignis Wraith

Kohm

Lanka

Miter

Mutalist Cernos / Rakta

Ogris

Opticor

Panthera

Soma Prime

Supra Vandal

Sybaris Prime

Tigris Prime

Torid

Vaykor Hek

Vectis Prime

Vulkar Wraith

Zarr

Zhuge

Secondary:

AKLex Prime

AKStiletto Prime

Euphona Prime

Lex Prime

Pandero

Pox

Sonicor

Spira Prime

Staticor

Vaykor Marelok

Melee:

Ack & Brunt

Atterax

Caustacyst

Dark Split Sword

Dual Kamas Prime

Galatine Prime

Jat Kittag

Lesion

Mios

Nikana Prime

Orthos Prime

Rakta Dark Dagger

Redeemer

Secura Lecta

Sheev

Silva & Aegis Prime

Tipedo

Tonbo

Venka Prime

War

Zenistar

I bold my favorite.

Zenistar + Ivara's Navigator

Silenced Kulstar makes a fun stealth weapon

Twin Basolk with Rift Strike on Assimilate Nyx

Redeemer shots and Jat Kittag slams have yet to stop being entertaining to me

Long-range (Secura) Penta snipes are the best, Tether Grenades is nifty (even after the no-self-damage removal, DE y u do dis)

There's of course Dual Toxocyst and Knell if you're decent at headshots / want further incentives for (getting good at) those

Any weapon that can reach (near) 100% status and uses Blast, turning killed enemies into Team Rocket cosplayers = yay

1 hour ago, Mesolimbo said:

Although I'm basically collecting everything in the game, there are some weapons that are too generic or bad they are not worth investing time or forma for them. I need a list of Top 5-10 fun/interesting yet viable very end-game weapons to try in every category basically (Melee, Pistols, Snipers, Shotguns, Bows, etc etc. Same for secondaries).

Recommend away. You don't have to recommend builds, I'll google those, but if there's a specific build that could make a seemingly generic weapon interesting/fun, feel free to mention it.

I'll just give my top three for each category, complete with a brief rundown. I'll try and ensure that none of them are too expensive to obtain :D

Melee:

Jat Kittag: A hammer with rockets, this beast boasts the widest slam attack radius ingame (10m), and is capable of subduing entire corridors of pursuers. Its status chance is admirable as well, and with the Rathuum mod Vulcan Blitz (enemies killed by the Jat explode) , is capable of clearing rooms with a well-placed finisher.

Hirudo: Oh boy. This set of chitinous gauntlets has the unique ability to restore health on a critical hit, akin to the Life Strike mod but without the energy consumption.The critical damage multiplier is also the best of all melee weapons.

Dual Ichor: My go-to weapon for most of my career, this pair of Infested blades are focused around critical hits. The slide attack in particular is worth noting, it can do obscene amounts of damage if it crits.

Secondary:

Marelok: The Vaykor Marelok is one of the best pistols in game, but its downgraded model isn't too shabby either. It packs one of the highest status chances of all pistols, bringing with it high damage, fire rate and decent critical chance. In essence, it's well suited for almost every aspect of the game. Unfortunately, both it and the Vaykor are quite inaccurate.

Sonicor: My current favorite sidearm, the Sonicor violently ragdolls any enemy that it catches in its wide area of effect. The low damage stat on it is not to be believed, though, the real damage of the shot + explosion is far higher. The Sonicor also packs a ton of status chance, its only downside being limited range and a lengthy reload time.

Pyrana: Imagine what would happen if your pistol could ever-so-gently mash a paper shredder down on the heads of your enemies. Not graphic enough? For your consideration, the Pyrana. A automatic shotgun boasting high critical hit chance and slash damage, this little fishy will open up the juicy heads of your enemies. Just don't fire at anything beyond 10 meters away.

Primary:

Tonkor/Zarr: The Tonkor used to be the Beast of Bones in the meta, absolutely melting endgame content. However, after its nerf and the introduction of the Zarr in U19, the Tonkor's not the star it once was. Both are still amazing grenade launchers capable of scattering rooms of enemies, just watch for the self-damage that could kill you.

Hek/Sobek: Both shotguns will eat almost all starchart enemies with ease, the Hek having more damage and puncture, while the Sobek is full-auto with more focus on impact. Most players opt to take the Hek as it has a Syndicate-exclusive mod that boosts its damage beyond reasonable levels. The Sobek, while far more fun (personally), is burdened by its long reload time.

Miter: A sawblade launcher that acts like a bow. All its parts drop from the boss on Exta, Ceres, but holy heck, that's a tough grind. If you manage to lay your hands on this verdant-tinted weapon, expect to be rewarded handsomely. The Miter can reach 100% status chance, and mostly does slash, so you'll be seeing a lot of armor-ignoring damage. It's also got a high critical chance, so if you land a headshot that procs and crits, expect to be very impressed.

Well, that's just my two cents, good luck on your adventure, Tenno!