Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen Freeze

TheLegacy92

Question

Hi there, as per title, ever since Friday 07/07/2017 my game has been bugging out. My screen freezes, but my game continues to run in the background.

I have followed the following steps:

Re-downloaded the entire game

Set my graphic drivers back to the previous working version

scanned and defragged the HDD containing the files

cleaned up my registry

unplugged my second screen

switched back to VGA from HDMI

cleaned out computer of any dust and made sure Gcard is clean

plugged out UPS and connected to direct power

Tried another power port

I am close to my last option, formatting my PC, which I do not want to do.

Please please help me because the support team asked me to send them files, but the one file refuses to upload after several attempts.

It is myself and several other players in the discord I use experiencing similar issues.

PC specs below:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz    30 °C
    Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
    MSI Z170A GAMING PRO (MS-7984) (U3E1)    36 °C
Graphics
    DELL S2440L (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI)    34 °C
Storage
    465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA)    26 °C
    465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA)    25 °C
    931GB Seagate ST1000DL002-9TT153 (SATA)    31 °C
    111GB Corsair Force LS SSD (SSD)    30 °C
    1397GB Seagate ST1500DL003-9VT16L (SATA)    31 °C
    1397GB SAMSUNG HD154UI (SATA)    21 °C
Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
Audio
    Corsair Gaming H1500 Headset

5 answers to this question

This is most likely something on their end, as I have been having some issues with framerate drops and uneven stuttering lately. And I'm running a stock i7-6700K and a GTX 1080. (Weird right?)

What's more funny, is that maxed Witcher 3 running at 1440p, I get 60-70 fps max, with no stutters at all.
Clearly, something is up with either their Evolution Engine, or with how it handles resources.

I'd wait around for them to investigate, but be warned it may be a lengthy process as their engine and the code behind it is EXTENSIVE.
Good Luck.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Thank you, just so lame that they are not doing anything to fix this as those of us that actually paid for the digital TennoCon ticket are now losing out due to something that is not our fault.... i know it's isolated cases, but still, I never spend money on games and thought to myself why not, this looks awesome, and now I am deeply saddened :(

I'm here to "bump" this post, I have been having similar issues and all my research online has turned up limited results. Any thread I found with response from a developer staff has simply been limited to making sure the game files have not been corrupted by verifying your download and other bug-isolating steps, but with no solutions offered. This problem is affecting a significant part of the player base, below are some link to other people reporting the same issue (The issue being screen freezes frequently occurring in-mission following a recent patch to the game, likely the harrow patch). I'd also like to say, I have not really ever participated in discussion on this forumn, if this is in the wrong area please notify me. I really enjoy this game and have been playing for years, but this bug has made it borderline unplayable and I'm desperate for a solution.

Some other follow up details, like OP, I have taken steps to ensure my game files are in order and tried both updating and downgrading graphics drivers. The freeze seems to be independent of graphics settings (that being a low settings or high). To clarify, the game still runs after the freeze, you can control your character, open menus, kill enemies, ect. but the display is stuck on the frame from the moment of the freeze. It seems to be mostly independent of gear/tile set/# of players. I understand that such a vague bug is harder to isolate and fix and so I am more than willing to work with support staff to narrow down the possibilities.

I experienced the same thing a couple of months ago. After testing stuff for days, support was able to help me.

The only thing that solved the problem was starting windows on "Selective Startup":

1. Press Windows+R
  2. Run "msconfig"
  3. In the "General" tab, click selective startup and untick "Load startup items"
  4. In the "Services" tab, click "Hide all Microsoft services" and then "Disable all".
  5. Finally, click "Accept" and "Restart". Or restart your PC manually.

The only problem with this solution is that I suffer a considerable fps drop, but at least I can now play the game. Hope it helps.

PS: Try this as your last resort, first make sure your drivers are up to date and make sure you Optimized and Verified the game (In the launcher)

Edited by KillMePlis