Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low damage

Qingzi

Question

Hi Warframe community,

No matter what weapon or warframe i pick, i feel like i'm doing very low damage.

I have serration +120% so i have no idea why i deal so little damage.

Am i missing something?

Kind regards,

A noob :)

16 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Qingzi said:

Thank you for the reply!

What is a dragon key?

They are keys you equip in your gear wheel when you run missions in the derelict in search of vaults that hold corrupted mods.

E2A: one of them reduces your damage (can't remember which off the top of my head).

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

They are keys you equip in your gear wheel when you run missions in the derelict in search of vaults that hold corrupted mods.

I honestly have no idea, I will check warframe wiki on dragon keys! 

3 minutes ago, Wrum said:

are you talking about weapon damage or warframe damage and what weapon are you using

Weapon damage, i have: mk1 braton, paris prime, tigris, grakata, boltor.

I seem to do around 100+- damage with these max.

While i see some youtubers hit 1500+

Well, if you're a noob, probably you don't have enough mods to make weapon deal that much damage, huh? Like Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, dual stat mods, acolyte mods and so on? Also, FYI, rank of the weapon doesn't increase damage of the weapon, just sayin' xD

Edited by GoHardLikeNiksyn

Just now, GoHardLikeNiksyn said:

Well, if you're a noob, probably you don't have enough mods to make weapon deal that much damage, huh? Like Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, dual stat mods, acolyte mods and so on?

^this might explain alot

1 minute ago, Qingzi said:

Weapon damage, i have: mk1 braton, paris prime, tigris, grakata, boltor.

I seem to do around 100+- damage with these max.

While i see some youtubers hit 1500+

Do you have the same mods as these YouTubers? Some require primed mods in conjunction with Warframe abilities.

Just now, Qingzi said:

^this might explain alot

Well obviously, maxed Serration won't make anything deal badass damage. Also depends on faction and damage of your weapons, some are more effective, and some are less.

well there you go mk-1 braton is junk don't use it. 

for the rest have you used forma? throwing a few into a weapon makes a world of difference. also you should know that some weapons are meant to be used as crit weapons and others as status weapons. look up builds for each one for best results. also note that damage types do less damage to certain enemies and more to others, i would look up the tables on the wiki.

36 minutes ago, Qingzi said:

mk1 braton, paris prime, tigris, grakata, boltor.

If your MK1 Braton, Grakata, and Boltor are maxed, scrap them and buy a normal Braton to level, then scrap it and if you have the Mastery, go build a Soma.
Also, Orokin Catalysts and Forma can allow the weapon to be modded for even higher levels of damage, but only after completing The War Within will you be able to truly overcompensate in the damage department.

What about sidearms and melees? What ones do you have so I could recommend ones you don't have?

When you start the game the initial weapons do a lot less damage. You will slowly need to build for more and more damage using mods. I have weapons which can do close to 30 million damage with a banshee and there are people who have reached 2 billion damage. 

If you want damage get shotguns, to begin with a Hek and Tigris are great guns to start with. Both are Mastery Rank 4 weapons so can be easily hold their own in higher levels