Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning player looking for direction

Olbohn

Question

Trying to get back into the game and its always the same dilemma; what should I be doing?

I stopped playing about 2 years ago, and spent tons of hours gearing my guns and warframe out. I left around the time Chroma was introduced. I'm looking for challenging things to do because it motivates me to gear up more, but I have no idea what to begin. Hunting riven mods maybe? What's the best content to complete that will help me catch up gearwise? 

5 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, Olbohn said:

Hunting riven mods maybe?

Rivens should be one of your last priorities. Rivens are fantasy plat price slot machine things when there is nothing left to do or enjoy for you. 

What @chaotea said: go through the star chart, get many frames, get many weapons, get all mandatory mods. There is no one way that fits everyone. 

Most importantly have fun!

What @k05h said about rivens, i disagree. I find rivens fun and a great way to go back to old weapons. For reference, ive plat bought about 80% of my weapons, so ive got alot of slots and have never needed to sell a weapon. As such i have all the weapons still, and so when i get a riven i use it as an excuse to go back and revisit that weapon. However it should be noted that i do agree that Rivens are a low priority. Getting one is an RNG chance, generating one for a weapon you have is RNG, and getting good stats is RNG. (Though i do like this system). Rivens are a nice thing to do when youve run out of other things to do. Its a great Band-aid game system for when youve run out of stuff to do, and are waiting for the next content drop.

Warframe hasn't changed much in line of just getting the newest/ best weapons, warframe, and mods, with minimal story content.  I would spend your time catching up with the star chart, getting through all the planet missions and finding a play style you like again.  Try different weapons in the meantime and also the newer frames like ivara, inaros, nidus.  I would do the quests after you get through all of this.