Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What exactly triggers condition overload the best?

(PSN)Keaurl

Question

Does it work by diversifying your damage types more, or by afflicting more enemies with status effects at once?

In other words, is it more effective if one enemy is suffering from, say, cold, viral, heat, slash, radiation, or would you get the same increase if five different enemies were suffering the same secondary effect, i.e. just fire stun or something?

7 answers to this question

If I remember correctly it's counted for each enemy individually. So if one enemy has 3 status, it will apply the bonus for 3 status. Of one enemy has 1 status, it will apply the bonus for 1 status. Spreading the status to a group of enemy will not help since it is counted per enemy units

Side note, I think you're in the wrong subforum for this. This should be in Players helping players or General discussion.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/38-players-helping-players/

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/36-general-discussion/

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Condition_Overload

Condition Overload works by increasing the damage -- on a per target basis -- in correlation to how many unique status effects are on a target. This is also multiplicative, even of itself. 

So, if you have one Heavy Gunny with no effects, you do your base damage. If they're effected by Slash, you get 1.6^1(+60%) extra damage. If they're effected by Slash and Heat, you get 1.6^2(+156%) extra damage, and so forth. 

This damage is calculated by the enemy you hit, not the total amount of enemies effected by status effects. Diversifying your damage types more is the best option. As a strategy, I recommend the Prisma Burst Laser on sentinels as it has no reload time and uses secondary mods, which are not as important as either primary or melee (in my opinion), and infinite range. Though it isn't accurate and has slow travel time, it is superior against large groups due to this specific fact than the stinger or Artax.  Getting a large amount of status effects on many enemies keeps your mob clearing ability high, as opposed to your single target damage. 

It is to be noted that Impact is instantaneous, and will not be applied to damage unless the melee strike applies it. Corrosive, on the other hand, has been hotfixed to register as a permanent status effect, and will always increase your damage. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

As people say it works best by diversifying your damage spread, the more different procs you can get on a target the better it will perform. However that does not mean that Pure elemental weapons cant use the mod. Because some of those still turn in to beasts as they have a very high chance to proc corrosive for example and thus lowering the enemies defenses way faster. Also note that some weapons have elemental effects on ground slam or procs on the stance that can be used to increase the damage out side of the weapons damage spread.

For me it is pretty easy as I run with a status Primary and secondary, My primary being a 100% status Kohm and a secondary euphona prime with 100% on alt fire and like the other 100% shotguns that is a great way to very quickly get 5 status procs on a target so that is a method you can also use.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

It is to be noted that Impact is instantaneous, and will not be applied to damage unless the melee strike applies it. Corrosive, on the other hand, has been hotfixed to register as a permanent status effect, and will always increase your damage. 

"Since Update 20.0, Impact b Impact (no FX or icon) and Corrosive b Corrosive (FX and icon) procs permanently linger on enemies which makes them both able to add bonus damage despite having no actual proc duration."

Both have been hotfixed.

As others have already answered "Per Status per Target basis" so diversifying Status works best.

With that out of the way...

I personally have found that Quick-melee weapons like Polearms and Nunchaku work extremely well paired with Torid, Mutalist Cernos, or Pox.

Even better if using Madurai to add IPS procs to those lingering clouds.

Corrosive + Blast+ Toxic (& IPS if Madurai Focus) allows for enemies to be Condition Overload friendly while removing armor and CC'ing the enemies.

Running Radiation + Viral on your Melee weapon further boosts Condition Overload bonus with even more Status synergy bonuses:

Commonly known half-hearted from Viral

Also applying Radiation to a knocked-down enemy allows the Stealth Melee Multiplier to come into effect (Yellow non-critical numbers) for an 8x multiplier since PS4 Update 20.0.9 

• Fixed damage-over-time procs double-dipping on stealth multipliers, resulting in higher numbers than the intended 8x.

So 8x instead of 4x Stealth damage Multiplier

Example of Radiation granting Stealth Multiplier on knocked down enemies:

10 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

As others have already answered "Per Status per Target basis" so diversifying Status works best.

With that out of the way...

I personally have found that Quick-melee weapons like Polearms and Nunchaku work extremely well paired with Torid, Mutalist Cernos, or Pox.

Even better if using Madurai to add IPS procs to those lingering clouds.

Corrosive + Blast+ Toxic (& IPS if Madurai Focus) allows for enemies to be Condition Overload friendly while removing armor and CC'ing the enemies.

Running Radiation + Viral on your Melee weapon further boosts Condition Overload bonus with even more Status synergy bonuses:

Commonly known half-hearted from Viral

Also applying Radiation to a knocked-down enemy allows the Stealth Melee Multiplier to come into effect (Yellow non-critical numbers) for an 8x multiplier since PS4 Update 20.0.9 

• Fixed damage-over-time procs double-dipping on stealth multipliers, resulting in higher numbers than the intended 8x.

So 8x instead of 4x Stealth damage Multiplier

Example of Radiation granting Stealth Multiplier on knocked down enemies:

its because radiation+ you're out of their LOS

10 hours ago, hukurokuju5 said:

its because radiation+ you're out of their LOS

Not sure about being out of Line-of Sight. If that were the case wouldn't it work like Blind/Invisibility Stealth where they are alerted but Line of sight is broken, thus granting Stealth Multiplier to any melee attack and not utilizing Radiation as trigger.

You can sometimes get Stealth Multiplier with AoE Secura Sequence Radiation Proc being applied to standing enemies (always seems to work on grounded or standing stunned enemies). Unless being confused has a chance to break Line of Sight.

(Only issue is Radiation has to be applied after the stun/knockdown and not before, from my experience on PS4)*

Repeated Blast melee attacks do the same thing where it will trigger Stealth Melee Multiplier. (Zenistar w/Blast makes it easy to test)*

Electric and Heat seems to be less reliable for triggering Stealth Multiplier on knockdowned enemies.

The other way to test is Vauban Bastille and Vortex: Radiation Melee seems to consistently trigger Stealth Melee Multiplier but not Slash/Impact/Cold/Punture/Corrosive/Viral/Toxic/Gas/Magnetic.

Banshee Sonic Boom and Mag Pull easily allow Radiation to trigger Stealth Melee Multiplier, but it might be as you said where Radiation on knockdown is breaking Line-of-Sight.

I think Confused state might be a reset on Enemy Alert but because of the knockdown or stun state ,technically they have not re-engaged on combat and thus that is why they are counted as Line-of-Sight being broken.

•But that wouldn't explain why Blast, Heat, and Electric can also trigger Stealth Melee Multiplier on downed/stunned enemies. Unless excessive stun is skewing Enemy Alertness.