Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May We Have Primed Chamber Now?

Namacyst

Is any number for a matter of fact big enough? Because no matter how there will be complaints and there would be someone within them like you with good intentions that say they are doing it for the benefit of most of the people when we can agree, that we are only talking about those who were vocal, not those who were fine and gratified about it.

Are you trying to say 100 people is a larger number than however many people killed say, 1000? Which satisfies more people, the group that killed 1k+, or the top 100?

Are you trying to say 100 people is a larger number than however many people killed say, 1000? Which satisfies more people, the group that killed 1k+, or the top 100?

In numbers i agree it is the 1 thousand. But does that mean we forget the opinions of the 100? Also the question is the amount of complaints for this mod made more than 100 different individuals? Because i can see multiple threads on this issue, but the amount of people clearly barely exceed 100, let alone 1000. Overall we are not even counting who are making the complaints to this.

Yet staying ignorant to this fact, how about the 2,999,000 who don't voice their opinion. What do we make up of them? That only 0.0000~~~(too lazy to count) opinion are of use? And if the other 2.9 million players say nothing, should we also do nothing? That is a no, but a group of 1,000 to atleast 10,000(being very optimistic) decides for the 2.9million players.

If you get what i mean, there isn't a greater good, but the vocal minority.

(I will discuss more tomorrow, 2am now, Time to sleep!)

Edited by Jacate

In numbers i agree it is the 1 thousand. But does that mean we forget the opinions of the 100? Also the question is the amount of complaints for this mod made more than 100 different individuals? Because i can see multiple threads on this issue, but the amount of people clearly barely exceed 100, let alone 1000. Overall we are not even counting who are making the complaints to this.

Yet staying ignorant to this fact, how about the 2,999,000 who don't voice their opinion. What do we make up of them? That only 0.0000~~~(too lazy to count) opinion are of use? And if the other 2.9 million players say nothing, should we also do nothing? That is a no, but a group of 1,000 to atleast 10,000(being very optimistic) decides for the 2.9million players.

I think you're almost asking the right question. You ask "Should we forget the opinions of the 100?" I ask, "Are the warm fuzzies of exclusivity worth giving the middle finger to every single completionist?"

There are so many ways to promote competition and make the winners feel good. Why choose exclusive items, when exclusivity backfires every single time DE tries it?

No, there IS a greater good, that is which option makes the most people happy? Is it the top 100 being rewarded with a mod, or everyone who killed say, 500? Which group is larger? It has almost nothing to do with those who do, and do not voice their opinions. DE should strive to make the most people happy, to potentially drive sales (after, if you dislike a game, you don;t spend money on it right?)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I think you're almost asking the right question. You ask "Should we forget the opinions of the 100?" I ask, "Are the warm fuzzies of exclusivity worth giving the middle finger to every single completionist?"

There are so many ways to promote competition and make the winners feel good. Why choose exclusive items, when exclusivity backfires every single time DE tries it?

Exclusivity is fine, power gap is not.  It would be great to give something exclusive as long as its only function is to signify their victory, which is why cosmetics make the most sense.  Think of the clan statues given out to THOSE winners.  THey are simply trophies, they don't give those clans an advantage over the others.  The killer part is limited distribution over raw exclusivity.  The closed beta vandals are exclusive, but not bad.  Every player at that time had the opportunity to get them.  There was the possibility for every single player at the time to get it, even though not all did.  Same with this snipetron vandal, it is event exclusive, but not limited.  It had the potential to be obtained by all 3 million+ players at once, even though some missed the event.  I do take some issue with how strong it is, but an easy way to fix it is to ad in snipetron prime in a later void patch, as a sidegrade to the vandal.  Exclusivity without the power gap, but no item affecting gameplay should be limited like the mod.

Edited by Callback

I think that logic needs to be tuned... Ask ANYONE who got more than 1k kills, if they would have kept at it if the reward was tiered up to 1k kills. The answer would always be "not a chance". I know i wouldn't have either.

It's mostly how they designed the system, and to put a carrot for people to bother with the event (just as some people logged in, got only 20 kills and got a snipetron vandal thanks to other's work). And don't get me wrong, everyone is free to do what they want and CAN, with their time available.... no reason to condemn one or another.

If they do such event again in a similar way (i really don't look forward to it.... and i don't know if i'd compete again for the top either....), probably it would be best to do a scaled top... not a fixed one...... => instead of top xxx, top x%...... for example, instead of top 100 => top 5%

I think that logic needs to be tuned... Ask ANYONE who got more than 1k kills, if they would have kept at it if the reward was tiered up to 1k kills. The answer would always be "not a chance". I know i wouldn't have either.

So? My point is, how many people got 1k kills vs the top 100? answer, A LOT more. Or if it was 500, how many people would have pushed out 500, instead of going "Ah, well I can't compete, not gonna try."

It's mostly how they designed the system, and to put a carrot for people to bother with the event (just as some people logged in, got only 20 kills and got a snipetron vandal thanks to other's work). And don't get me wrong, everyone is free to do what they want and CAN, with their time available.... no reason to condemn one or another.

"Bothered with the event"? You mean, exploited a bug, and go no sleep?

If they do such event again in a similar way (i really don't look forward to it.... and i don't know if i'd compete again for the top either....), probably it would be best to do a scaled top... not a fixed one...... => instead of top xxx, top x%...... for example, instead of top 100 => top 5%

Tiered is better, that way everybody can achieve it.

SOOOOOO MUCH BUTHURT.

People, you don't need ALL the power to be awesome at the game. And if you do, then you need help.

I don't have that mod. Wish I did, but that doesn't mean I'm angry at it being exclusive. Sure, I'm disapointed that the people who got it simply used an exploit and that the event overall was boring as hell, placing it real low in my priorities, along with the timing it had. But that's all. I'm not mad for not having it.

So you're not equiped with the pinacle in everything. So what? You can still do everything in the game just fine despite this. Also, shocking revelation! This mod isn't all that great! :O

Also, there will likely be other chances from other events to get it.

Now I would like you all to imagine a bridge. And get over it.

Edited by Eruend

So? My point is, how many people got 1k kills vs the top 100? answer, A LOT more. Or if it was 500, how many people would have pushed out 500, instead of going "Ah, well I can't compete, not gonna try."

Maybe it wasn't clear enough how your logic is flawed, i really thought it was....

You are contradicting your very point.... since a lot of people weren't able to reach those marks..... others may not have the time. So it seems more like you are saying "make sure i get the reward with what i did, and i don't care what happens to the rest". And the only solution to that contradiction.... would be to give it to everyone with no achievement (like the snipetron bp)

That's what the guys that tried and weren't even close like to say among other excuses..... i went to a party on the first day (started playing the event like 8 hours later), slept happy every single day...... i tried to stay awake for the event's finale (100% mark), but i gave up on that and went to sleep.... i also needed to be fresh to deal with work things and a video-conference meeting. I still made it to the top 100....... i know my other two clan fellas from Under The Lotus who made it as well..... and while their original objective was to get no sleep at all, they got tired and slept a lot XD.... they both made it to top 100 as well. I don't know what bug you mean.... but so far, everyone i know from top 100 neither neglected sleep, nor used "bug" (i lol at this everytime)...... and i think they played just like me..... quick solo runs with saryn, wiping everything when map screen flickered.

Same as first point, there will always be people who can't achieve it...

Edited by Eisvogel

Maybe it wasn't clear enough how your logic is flawed, i really thought it was....

My logic is not flawed, it's your lack of logic that doesn't make any sense here.

You are contradicting your very point.... since a lot of people weren't able to reach those marks..... others may not have the time. So it seems more like you are saying "make sure i get the reward with what i did, and i don't care what happens to the rest". And the only solution to that contradiction.... would be to give it to everyone with no achievement (like the snipetron bp)

So? Not EVERYONE has to do it, (and the number is just an example) but everyone who DOES want to do it/wants the reward and is willing to work for it should be able to (not just the top 100. they should get some cool cosmetic, sure). It's better than only 100 people getting something like a mod. 

That's what the guys that tried and weren't even close like to say among other excuses..... i went to a party on the first day (started playing the event like 8 hours later), slept happy every single day...... i tried to stay awake for the event's finale (100% mark), but i gave up on that and went to sleep.... i also needed to be fresh to deal with work things and a video-conference meeting. I still made it to the top 100....... i know my other two clan fellas from Under The Lotus who made it as well..... and while their original objective was to get no sleep at all, they got tired and slept a lot XD.... they both made it to top 100 as well. I don't know what bug you mean.... but so far, everyone i know from top 100 neither neglected sleep, nor used "bug" (i lol at this everytime)...... and i think they played just like me..... quick solo runs with saryn, wiping everything when map screen flickered.

The bug is where you leave a tileset, come back (not leaving the mission) and the informers respawn. You are the exception I believe, not the rule. (although I could be wrong, but I've heard a lot of people abused this)

Same as first point, there will always be people who can't achieve it...

More than 100 people that's for sure... Everyone who wants to achieve a tier, can. It's not limited by a number of people (aka top 100)

No wonder you don't want it out there... you made top 100...

But that's beside the point, DE didn't communicate clearly with us (...at all...) about the mod being exclusive and everyone else getting a crappier verision of it.

I can't believe this craps still going on, or with the Frost Prime thing.... Its not the end of the world, chill. Its only a game.

Besides, DEs already said its a special trophy event mod. Whether that means future top 100 event winners will get a chance at it I'm unsure of but the fact remains that its exclusive. I have yet to see a single good argument as to why it shouldn't stay exclusive either. Really all comes down to self entitled, selfish people complaining they couldn't get it with minimal effort. Why are none of you having a fit over the Snipetron Vandal? Its the only worth while sniper except for the Lanka. Any new player (like those that came from the 75% steam sale the other day for example or the huge bulk of players that will come from the PS4 launch) can't get it. Snipetron Vandal has far more of an impact on gameplay than this mod, where are your demands for it? Wheres the out cry? For those that got a good number of kills but fell short, well tough luck thats a competition for you. You don't want to hear that, i know but Its how it goes. But I will agree, a couple of tiered rewards between minimal effort needed and top 100 could help, if DE decides to do that. 

Its not as if an exclusive reward is anything new in games. Lets use a trading card game as an example, pick any trading card game, like Pokemon. Special events, contests and tournaments give exclusive cards to the winners of the contests and tournaments. In the case of certain special events, for just walking in the door sometimes. These cards end up being worth a lot of money too, due to their rarity, btw. 

Do the participants in the contests or tournaments scream, shout and throw a fit, claiming "its not fair" that they lost? Demanding that they are given the reward too? No. Why? Because they gave it a shot and came up short, for whatever reason that was (didn't get enough kills in our case). Equally as much, people who didn't go, couldn't go/werent invited or didn't even know about it (Didn't know about the event, had more important things to do etc in our case) don't demand they're given it either. Why? Does this seriously even need a why? Is it released to the general public at a later date? No. They stay exclusive event only cards. In some rare cases its awarded to the winners of a tournament at a later date. 

Special events sometimes give everyone who walks in the door or a select number of people who came determined by "x", something exclusive to that event.

This is what this drone event is most similar to (with a hint of "competition"). The mod however is not the "door prize". That would go to the normal Snipetron. It was given to anyone who participated in the event (at least one kill), aka "walking in the door". 

The Snipetron Vandal and the Primed Chamber mod fall under the "determined by x" scenario. Getting at least 20 kills or getting top 100 respectively. Its as simple as that. 

Now was this events "determined by x" determined very well? Meh, yes and no. Could it be improved? Yes. Do you think it will? I can almost certainly say the next event will be ran much better. Honestly the knock off mod, at least to me, is evidence that they felt sorta bad that the event wasn't ran as well as it could have. So they sorta threw people a bone, sorta speak. I highly doubt we'll be getting anymore knock off mods after this, simply because they'll do a better job at structuring, running and stating the future events. 

As a winner, you're HEAVILY biased, and too butthurt to admit that it's wrong to give YOU a direct gameplay advantage.

I do take issue with the vandal, it's too strong right now.  They should remedy it by either buffing the base snipetron, or releasing a snipetron prime as a sidegrade to the vandal.

They do give out rare items as prizes or event exclusives.  99.99% of the time they are NOT tournament legal, only a collectible.  Imagine if MTG started distributing new Black Lotus cards to winners.  Nobody else would be able to compete once they were out there.

You should have your reward, but just as a collectible.  Not as a direct advantage.  If they buffed charged to have the same effect as primed and just gave primed a particle effect, assuming you cannot equip both at once it would be fair.

How do you think the winners of the fusion moa event feel?  They're FINE with it.  All 3 of their prize mods are in the normal drops, and 2 of them are extremely easy to get.  Get over yourself.  The point of this game is that everyone strives towards a single "complete" level of power.  You can't just suddenly say to 3 million players, "Sorry, we decided to make it impossible for you guys to snipe as well as the other 0.003%.  Go F*** yourselves."

Charged isn't even worthy of being called a knockoff.  It's DE spitting in our faces with a big F*** YOU as they screw everybody out of what we all assumed would be coming out as mods did in the past.

You represent the extremely butthurt minority.  You're still a winner, even if your precious mod isn't so "special".  You got early access and won't have to get lucky to find it once it's out.  Your name is engraved in the winner thread.  Don't be such a sore winner.

No wonder you don't want it out there... you made top 100...

But that's beside the point, DE didn't communicate clearly with us (...at all...) about the mod being exclusive and everyone else getting a crappier verision of it.

Lol.... read the forums more.... or go to my profile and read my posts....

I specifically stated i don't like the way they are doing events, nor i like the fact of non-cosmetics items being exclusive. And even more so with mastery rank items. That's why i believe they should make all that type of content non exclusive and with at least a way for people to obtain it (like frost prime.... i was very happy when they released it in the void, same as with the mods.... and i had made it to top 100 in moa event as well and had the bp.....). Thing is, they should do it with everything => vandals, and founder's stuff as well..... it wouldn't matter if they were just skins, but they even reward mastery rank.... thing is, all they people whining about this, will not act the same as me when they are asked THEIR exclusive things that they do have...... so that's mostly that :/. Either release everything or nothing, I'm ok as long as it's fair for all and with any item.

But that's not really my call, so i just accept what they decide and keep happily playing the game.

Edited by Eisvogel

I specifically stated i don't like the way they are doing events, nor i like the fact of non-cosmetics items being exclusive. And even more so with mastery rank items. That's why i believe they should make all that type of content non exclusive and with at least a way for people to obtain it (like frost prime.... i was very happy when they released it in the void, same as with the mods.... and i had made it to top 100 in moa event as well and had the bp.....). Thing is, they should do it with everything => vandals, and founder's stuff as well..... it wouldn't matter if they were just skins, but they even reward mastery rank.... thing is, all they people whining about this, will not act the same as me when they are asked THEIR exclusive things that they do have...... so that's mostly that :/. Either release everything or nothing, I'm ok as long as it's fair for all and with any item.

But that's not really my call, so i just accept what they decide and keep happily playing the game.

like the way events work means nothing. Just because you don't like the way events work, doesn't mean you're ok with the mod being put into the drop table (which you seem against...)

Actually I'm perfectly fine with letting them release the founder items, perhaps awarding a unique skin to the founders.  Same for vandals.  One of the things that attracted me to the game was the idea that if a weapon exists, you can find it, whether free, paid, casual, or hardcore.

Edited by Callback

As a winner, you're HEAVILY biased, and too butthurt to admit that it's wrong to give YOU a direct gameplay advantage.

I do take issue with the vandal, it's too strong right now.  They should remedy it by either buffing the base snipetron, or releasing a snipetron prime as a sidegrade to the vandal.

They do give out rare items as prizes or event exclusives.  99.99% of the time they are NOT tournament legal, only a collectible.  Imagine if MTG started distributing new Black Lotus cards to winners.  Nobody else would be able to compete once they were out there.

You should have your reward, but just as a collectible.  Not as a direct advantage.  If they buffed charged to have the same effect as primed and just gave primed a particle effect, assuming you cannot equip both at once it would be fair.

How do you think the winners of the fusion moa event feel?  They're FINE with it.  All 3 of their prize mods are in the normal drops, and 2 of them are extremely easy to get.  Get over yourself.  The point of this game is that everyone strives towards a single "complete" level of power.  You can't just suddenly say to 3 million players, "Sorry, we decided to make it impossible for you guys to snipe as well as the other 0.003%.  Go F*** yourselves."

Charged isn't even worthy of being called a knockoff.  It's DE spitting in our faces with a big F*** YOU as they screw everybody out of what we all assumed would be coming out as mods did in the past.

You represent the extremely butthurt minority.  You're still a winner, even if your precious mod isn't so "special".  You got early access and won't have to get lucky to find it once it's out.  Your name is engraved in the winner thread.  Don't be such a sore winner.

Being a "winner" has nothing to do with it, I'd feel the same way even if I didn't get top 100. As a "winner" I also personal have no problem if anyone else got the mod, however what I am looking at is how that action will effect future events. 

Regarding the gameplay "advantage", what advantage? Last I checked its a cooperative PVE game, so having an advantage just means you help your teammates more? I also don't see how someone being able to do more damage a bad thing? If I have someone on my team that can do well, even if I can and especially if I couldn't I'd be grateful, not resentful. Then again that could just be the "bias talking". Feel free to explain what you mean though, I'm not seeing it. PVP game? Sure, without a doubt but this games PVE focused, so the "gameplay advantage" argument is rather silly. Again, the Snipetron Vandal affects gameplay far more than this mod does. 

Event cards still end up worth a crap ton of money a few years down the line to collectors, yet the people who participated in the events and lost don't demand they have the card or are compensated with cash. 

As for the rest of your post, aside from the topic of Charged Chamber is just rage and I see no reason to reply to any of it. I'm calm, you should be too.

Now onto Charged Chamber, yeah it could get a re-look. Again though, I personally believe they released it just because they felt bad and its not going to be a priority of theirs at all right now. Again, I wouldn't expect "knock off" mods in future events if it holds a trophy reward, unless specifically stated. Damage isn't the only factor in "re-balancing" it, either. How do you feel (and these ideas are just being made up on the spot) of 40% dmg for 4 mod points? 60% for 5 or 6? Goes any higher than that then I think it should be moved from uncommon to rare. 80% for 7 or 8? or is a few mod points going to be "unfair"? 

Finally, regarding exclusive items not affecting gameplay. It honestly depends how much. Something exclusive can't be too good obviously but being ok is perfectly within reason, personally. Perhaps DE should just do cosmetic and/or plat for top 100s from now on? To avoid all this, because apparently Warframe is serious business. I guarantee you there'd still be rage for plat and freaking cosmetics though. I wonder why? 

Edited by iTzLazer

Actually I'm perfectly fine with letting them release the founder items, perhaps awarding a unique skin to the founders.  Same for vandals.  One of the things that attracted me to the game was the idea that if a weapon exists, you can find it, whether free, paid, casual, or hardcore.

My thoughts exactly.... if my country would allow it, i would be a founder myself and still wouldn't mind making everything non-exclusive and rather they made unique skins and accessories (hey, even if its non ninja related.... we have Ogris, so why can't we get an awesome black cape heh? :D :D :D)...... but oh well.... i have to settle with buying plat for slots and little things whenever i get the chance :/

from the looks of it as far as events go DE made frost prime seem exclusive then handed it to everyone so because of the uproar that happened about that they did primed chamber which was exclusive and there is still an uproar, i mean everyone on the list just abused spawning loops anyway so they are not as special as people seem to think they are. The least they could do is tell us if its exclusive to the event or not so i know whether i even wanna bother. Also comparing riot's beta skins to this is the dumbest crap ive ever heard the version of beta skins for us is the vandal equipment, which they are not handing out so your comparison is not only invalid but idiotic. I wanted primed chamber too but im glad i don't snipe often. Least you can do DE is inform us if its exclusive or not, all i ask.

I would like to begin an Event! This Event has a singular winner! Odds are against you Tenno! 

First person to convince DE to make Exclusive walking animations to replace Primed Chamber gets my Primed Chamber! .... oh wait.

Hmph.

By the way though, it's already been repeatedly said it is a carrot on a stick: they are going to put it up for grabs in future Events.

from the looks of it as far as events go DE made frost prime seem exclusive then handed it to everyone so because of the uproar that happened about that they did primed chamber which was exclusive and there is still an uproar, i mean everyone on the list just abused spawning loops anyway so they are not as special as people seem to think they are. The least they could do is tell us if its exclusive to the event or not so i know whether i even wanna bother. Also comparing riot's beta skins to this is the dumbest crap ive ever heard the version of beta skins for us is the vandal equipment, which they are not handing out so your comparison is not only invalid but idiotic. I wanted primed chamber too but im glad i don't snipe often. Least you can do DE is inform us if its exclusive or not, all i ask.

And you, you are rude. :P Not 'everyone abused the spawning glitch' .. I didn't even know about the damn thing until after the Event was over, saddest part was I was on the map that the glitch occurred and STILL never saw it happen / made it reoccur. I devoted literally 50+ hours into that event, racking up 2,000 kills Sunday night, passed out, woke up to only a couple hours remaining and pushed for the next 55 that got me in the Top 100. It was mind numbing, it was difficult: and I sure as hell feel like I worked for it. But .. then again I also don't snipe, so it's gathering dust, hence.. I really .. can't care less about the Mod itself.

Edited by Azraill

now, funny observation, everyone WITH the mod so far is against it being released and being super rare (like thunderbolt/handspring/rage/etc)

Another funny assumption! .. I want it tossed out for a Dead-Space style walking animation xD You all can have the damn mod.

Another funny assumption! .. I want it tossed out for a Dead-Space style walking animation xD You all can have the damn mod.

Ah, I stand corrected. I was basing it off of what I had read so far, everyone saying they made it into the top 100, and that it shouldn't be released more or less (but I stand corrected now)

like the way events work means nothing. Just because you don't like the way events work, doesn't mean you're ok with the mod being put into the drop table (which you seem against...)

Are you a troll or what?

READ:

[size=30]Someone needs to upload videos of Primed Chamber mods in action[/size]

Fire it like bolt action rifles of WWII,

shoot, reload. shoot, reload.

also at  only 40% increased damage the charged chamber is more annoying than useful.