Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May We Have Primed Chamber Now?

Namacyst

So does the Snipetron Vandal, and I don't see you complaining about that.

Oh wait, it's because you already have it. Nice double standards there, bro.

I don't mind that 100 people who busted their balls all weekend get a very slight overall damage boost on one of their guns. That's how rewards should work. Congratulations to them, and I hope I'll win something too next time.

The vandal is different.  There were clear guidelines for how to earn it, available to every single player, and once you earned it you couldn't be screwed out of it by another player doing it slightly better than you.  There's nothing double standard about it.

Yeah, I didn't win anything, and I think it should stay 100% exclusive.

We were all told the terms, we were all told it was going to be exclusive.  Failing to win, then turning around and demanding that you be allowed to "win" anyway on terms you dictate is simply unbelievably selfish.

The vandal is different.  There were clear guidelines for how to earn it, available to every single player, and once you earned it you couldn't be screwed out of it by another player doing it slightly better than you.  There's nothing double standard about it.

I quote (again): "mods have a massive gameplay effect and should NEVER be exclusive".

So if we received a mod instead of the Snipetron Vandal, would you agree that you're contradicting yourself?

we were all told it was going to be exclusive.  

Well really, we weren't told that.

I personally like the idea of it being a reward again for a future event.

Even though I will want to participate.

Edited by SocknBoppers

I'll walk away from Warframe as a Grand Master if this mod is given out to everyone. A future top 100 event is fine. DE already on thin ice getting me to stay with how easy this game is.

If you actually seriously leave a game you invested around $250 in because DE decided that a mod given to the top 100 out of a registered playerbase in the millions shouldn't be that exclusive (and honestly there is nothing in any of the official posts related to the event that indicates primed chamber is supposed to be a super specal exclusive mod anyway ), I don't think anybody will miss you.

Edited by RealityMachina

Yeah, I didn't win anything, and I think it should stay 100% exclusive.

We were all told the terms, we were all told it was going to be exclusive.  Failing to win, then turning around and demanding that you be allowed to "win" anyway on terms you dictate is simply unbelievably selfish.

Actually it wasn't stated as exclusive,thats why people believed it would be available for farming after a while.Last time steve explicitly stated that Frost Prime was exclusive and then it showed up in the Void.If anything its just miscommunication on DE's part.

Edited by XSuzumeX

I'll walk away from Warframe as a Grand Master if this mod is given out to everyone. A future top 100 event is fine. DE already on thin ice getting me to stay with how easy this game is.

As far as I'm aware this mod will return as a prize at a later date - but not be in the drop system. That is why Charged Chamber exists. It is a version of the mechanic that you don't have to win.

Bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.  DE isn't going to fret over getting at most 100 people butthurt because their mod isn't "special" anymore as opposed to &!$$ing of 1,000,000+ customers by making exclusive mods.  A S#&$storm is coming over this, and the majority will be much less respectful than I have been thus far.

Edited by Callback

If you actually seriously leave a game you invested around $250 in because DE decided that a mod given to the top 100 out of a registered playerbase in the millions shouldn't be that exclusive, I don't think anybody will miss you.

I'm probably around $500 invested into DE. For me, it's the principal of the thing. You don't see Riot rushing to give out skins from beta. Derp...

Actually it wasn't stated as exclusive,thats why people believed it would be available for farming after a while.Last time steve explicitly stated that Frost Prime was exclusive and then it showed up in the Void.If anything its just miscommunication on DE's part.

You're right.  It wasn't explicitly stated it was exclusive. 

That said, it wasn't ever claimed that it would be available via drop either though.

I'm probably around $500 invested into DE. For me, it's the principal of the thing. You don't see Riot rushing to give out skins from beta. Derp...

You also don't see them inventing and giving out tier 4 runes to only LCS winners.  Skins do not affect gameplay and are fair to keep exclusive.  Same for Warframe.  They need to give you guys a trophy skin and just release the mod.

So, let me get this straight.

It's not the fake difficulty (ie stuff like overuse of stunlock capable enmies, the fact that the main difficulty increases so far come from making enemies complete bullet sponges, etc ) in Warframe that gets you willing to leave.

It's not the sheer lack of information about your own weapons that necstiates going to reddit and the wikia in order to know the details of what they do that gets you willing to leave.

It's the fact that DE sometimes makes stuff exclusive to parts of the population available to all that gets you willling to leave a game that you invested $500 in.

BRB calling 911 dying of laughter here

OK, if DE comes out and says "It will never be added to the drop system, but will be available again in future events" is that going to be enough for you guys?  Or do you get to dictate the terms of availability too?

DE- Says Frost Prime is an exclusive reward, lets everyone get it

Doesn't say any of the rewards from balloon event are exclusive, they all are.

Call hydrater. He can make a comic about this.

Edited by Lumireaver

OK, if DE comes out and says "It will never be added to the drop system, but will be available again in future events" is that going to be enough for you guys?  Or do you get to dictate the terms of availability too?

An official response would be a start.  Odds are if they DID say no there would be petition threads and mass e-mails about it to try and get them to change their mind, but anything is better than being left in the dark.

An official response would be a start.  Odds are if they DID say no there would be petition threads and mass e-mails about it to try and get them to change their mind, but anything is better than being left in the dark.

That sounds like "No, we'll still be angry about it."  Is that correct?

As far as I'm aware this mod will return as a prize at a later date - but not be in the drop system. That is why Charged Chamber exists. It is a version of the mechanic that you don't have to win.

Works for me.. though.. seriously.. get Steve on the line and get'm to just give us a walking animation exclusive like I've been saying ok? Maybe.. possibly .. please? Can come out with other walks, just a really 'swat/dead spacey' one for us, can make better ones later, but for now, this cosmetic and just throw that primed chamber into the mod pool.. or for other events, take mine, I don't want it xD 

Yeah .. I really.. don't want it.. at all.. really.. rather have a exclusive cosmetic, I'd say Plat.. but I already own everything ;s

i don't think it's fair to permantly keep it exclusive, as those 100 had the ability to go the whole event time farming, whereas some of us had work or family to deal with, so we could only get on at certain times.

now keep it exclusive till another event, that's fine. but to not be able to get it ever sucks, especially since there are way more than that many players on.

Edited by darksithis002

Works for me.. though.. seriously.. get Steve on the line and get'm to just give us a walking animation exclusive like I've been saying ok? Maybe.. possibly .. please? Can come out with other walks, just a really 'swat/dead spacey' one for us, can make better ones later, but for now, this cosmetic and just throw that primed chamber into the mod pool.. or for other events, take mine, I don't want it xD 

Yeah .. I really.. don't want it.. at all.. really.. rather have a exclusive cosmetic, I'd say Plat.. but I already own everything ;s

I still think it would be easy, and a fun trophy to have, to scale down the informer model and use it as a sentinel cover.

Edited by Callback

I still think it would be easy, and a fun trophy to have, to scale down the informer model and use it as a sentinel cover.

Sadly I'd rather keep the Primed Chamber over a Sent cos. I just invested into getting the latest Sent pack, now it has jetpack wings and S#&$e' .. so I wouldn't have anywhere to put that >.> But yeah.. that goes back to my prior mention of going back on their exclusive call would also mean something along the lines of - if they were going to offer a exclusive cosmetic instead - which I'm fine with - they'd kind of need to put it to a vote, the top 100 busted their asses. I blew a weekend on it in a non-stop blur of drone slaughter and still barely made it into the ranks at all.

Granted they never said it was exclusive, and HAVE explicitly stated it'll show up on other events. I'd still .. yeah... walk animation.. ahm.. anyway... 

Edited by Azraill

Sadly I'd rather keep the Primed Chamber over a Sent cos. I just invested into getting the latest Sent pack, now it has jetpack wings and S#&$e' .. so I wouldn't have anywhere to put that >.> But yeah.. that goes back to my prior mention of going back on their exclusive call would also mean something along the lines of - if they were going to offer a exclusive cosmetic instead - which I'm fine with - they'd kind of need to put it to a vote, the top 100 busted their asses. I blew a weekend on it in a non-stop blur of drone slaughter and still barely made it into the ranks at all.

Granted they never said it was exclusive, and HAVE explicitly stated it'll show up on other events. I'd still .. yeah... walk animation.. ahm.. anyway... 

If DE's decision is (as it probably is, or at least should be) to release the mod publicly, why would they need a vote?  Creating an extra cosmetic as a retro-reward for the winners is just a bonus gift so you can remember your accomplishments.

As for "future events" that's still bad.  Bleeding them in 100 at a time can't reach everyone, and it is the same small group of players who ARE able to dedicate as much time as it takes who will consistently place in these events.  Personally, I could not have physically managed to place in this one.  I have problems with wrist pain, and cannot play for more than an hour or so without aggravating the condition.  I managed my 20, but that was all I could do.  It's one thing to make an exclusive with a set goal to "earn", but forcing it to be competitive stops most people from even having a chance.

Edited by Callback

i don't think it's fair to permantly keep it exclusive, as those 100 had the ability to go the whole event time farming, whereas some of us had work or family to deal with, so we could only get on at certain times.

now keep it exclusive till another event, that's fine. but to not be able to get it ever sucks, especially since there are way more than that many players on.

So the people who don't have time to be playing warframe as much deserve a really powerful mod that helps to kill enemies easier with a sniper rifle instead of the people who actually farmed this event and have all the free time in the world to just farm stuff on warframe? It'd be smarter to make it easier for the farmers to kill things easier and give the people without much devotion a a fairly decent prize which DE.

Imo, a good way to make people happy would be to release the Mod to the public, but the winners get a "specially modified" version. Hypothetically, their version, while having identical boosts as the "public" version (Assuming the public version will be the one we have now), will instead add 7 Mod points (14 with a Polarity) instead of taking 7/4 Mod points. Also, there should be a unique effect on the gun with the top 100 version of Primed Chamber, maybe make it so that the first shot of the clip discharges a solid lazer beam, or add some kind of particle effect to the gun when it's on a fresh clip. This way, the top 100 get to have something powerful and unique, but an ordinary player can also achieve the same thing, albeit less flashy and with the use of many Formas to achieve the same result. 

Oh yeah, and the visual effect has to be fairly visible too. It should be like the steam workshop items, because iirc, the original creator gets a copy of the item with a special sparkle thing on it; it instantly tells everyone who sees it that the guy with it is the creator, while not providing a normally unobtainable stat boost.

Edited by ArdentSky