Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolons performance?

flamepaper

Question

Is 2gb ram enough for this coming update? I know this is really huge one and I can't buy new ram because I'm just student :3
With 55-70+ fps thanks to GT 730 2gb 128bit (I know, this is a cheap one :3) low to med settings, there's still mini freezes :(
and HUGE fps drop in earth 30-40+ fps :(

AGAIN, I'm just student. buying upgrades is impossible :(

-btw sareh for bad grammar :)

7 answers to this question

Heard some rumors about PoE being "Heavy load for gpus" and other nonsense.

Devs said themselves performance is a huge thing for them to keep in mind. The Earth tileset as it stands right now is one of the, if not THE most FPS demanding tileset. And it's still undergoing performance updates to date.

PoE will most likely be a bit more GPU demanding in launch since the update will be raw, but give it like two-three weeks and it will be perfectly playable on low-end systems after undergoing performance fixes and so on.

No one can answer this for you I think. It all depends on how DE handles the ram memory of that place.

For example, there had been a lot of ram memory issue even before the harrow update but recently they finally managed to solve it and now the game is good even for a BBQ pit.

If other companies who did open world games can made their games run on your system, then I don't see why DE is unable to make PoE run on most pc.

Good question ~ my system was top-end for it's time, but is several years old, and suffers from long load-in times. Once the level spawns I have no issues, happily.

If we're talking FPS and GPU demands, it sounds like the update might be arriving in the near-term. Have there been any hints about how soon "Soon"TM might be? DE's kinda notorious for using a somewhat broad definition of 'soon'....

8 hours ago, flamepaper said:

@PsychoNefilim Earth tileset is a problem on me, dropping my fps to almost unplayable state is very unpleasant.
I remember playing the game with Intel HD graphics with constant 40+ fps on low settings on 2014-2015 :3

intel HD graphics is not considered "low end" its considered a toaster.

Its like being asked if you have transportation to work, and than saying you have a bicycle.

No but in all seriousness, its not low end.

But i remember those days to, but the game has changed and evolved to meet standards of games currently.

Edited by arolust