Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about damage in this game

(PSN)NoTrollGaming

Question

5 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, (PS4)IronMinecartFTW said:

I don't quite understand the damage in this game.What element is good against each faction?And what does it mean by status and proc?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Basically, weapons with either a high crit chance or high status chance are favored as meta weapons.

Status refers to the percentage on any particular weapon.  If your gun has 5% status chance then every bullet that weapon fires has a 5% chance to proc (activate) a status effect.  The type of status inflicted depends on the damage type of the weapon and the damage amount.  Status effects come in a wide variety and are described in the link.

Edit: tenno'd

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

status is the kind of elemental damage, the % rating is how much chance you have to get a status effect. One active status effect is called a proc.

for example: with a 10% status i should get one proc guaranteed if i hit my target 10 times.

You have the four base status kinds:

heat : put enemies on fire, they burn for a while, burning targets take extra heat damage. Good against infested, weak against shields.

cold : slow effect on enemies. Good against shields.

poison: does additional damage that surpasses shields.

Electricity: does a stun on enemies, chains lightning between them. Good against robots, bad against grineer.

And then you have the four types when you combine status mods.

At low levels, these will be fairly difficult to get, so you can look into it at around mid game.

There are also ways physical damage works, it's puncture impact and slash, they work diffently and determine how your damage scales to diffrent enemies.

puncture: enemies deal less damage, good against armour.

impact: has a stagger, good against shields.

slash: deals damage over time, good against flesh.

For example, if my weapon has pure 100 dmg slash, it will deal +25% damage to cloned flesh (so 125), +50% to infested flesh (150 dmg), -25% to robotics, (75 dmg) and -50% to armour (50 dmg). 

Each effect has it's own type of damage towards diffrent enemies, here you have the table for slash for example:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Slash_Damage

Lastly, there is crit.

Crit is also a precentage. If i do 100% crit, any hit will be multiplied by my crit multiplier. If it's 25%, one out of four hits should be a crit. (critical chance)

If your crit multiplier is x2 (critical damage), and we get back to our pure slash weapon (100dmg), it would deal 200 damage instead of normal 100 on crit.

If your crit multiplier is x9, it deals 900 damage on crit.

The damage type still scales however, so it would still do just 450 dmg to armoured units.

You can get a crit chance beyond 100%, for example 200% is your damage x crit multiplier x 2. wich would be 1800 dmg in our example.

You don't see double crits or triple crits that often, and they are more late-game

Crits don't multiply status, but they can work alongside eachother.

Scanning enemies using the Codex Scanner or Simaris Scanner will unlock their Codex entries which will tell you what damage types gain or lose against each target (or you can look up the enemies on the wiki and it'll tell you there).

Proc is apparently short for Procedural Random Occurance but is basicly gamer slang for a random chance happening in your favour, scoring a critical hit is a crit proc but it is more commonly used in Warframe for Status procs, when your attack successfully causes a Status effect on the enemy, decided by the weapon's Status chance.

Every damage type has a Status effect but the effect does not need to proc in order to deal damage.  If you add 90% Toxin to a 100 damage weapon you will do 190 damage per shot in addition to now being able to cause Toxin procs.