Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new status mod

gkuoni

I thought up an idea for a status mod that would allow players more freedom with the different status types and effects by allowing the player to not have to use the dual stat (60% elemental + 60% status chance) mods to be able to go status. This would be for all weapon types: pistol, rifle, and shotgun. (melee maybe too but I centered my idea around those weapon types)

My idea (haven't looked for other similar ideas really) was that the mod would look like this:

cost: ~14-18 (D or - polarity)

Status chance: + ~200% (+-50 or something like that)

Status duration: + ~100%

So why would I think this should be in the game? 

To build a status weapon, one was always forced to use at least 3 slots with the dual stat mods, and not be able to buff up any of the base physical damage types (slash, impact and puncture) without heavy damage loss potential. It would not completely remove the effectiveness of the dual stat mods, since a lot of the times you want at least 3 different elements on for combos, where the mods would then be better suited. However for some weapons you might only want to add 2 of the mods and go more for slash or be able to purely buff one element type such as fire or toxin.

When would one use this mod over others?

So this obviously is not meant to make weapons not suited for status builds suddenly viable status weapons. Instead it's supposed to offer one or two extra mod slots to be used for stronger elemental mods, physical damage mods, or utility mods if one so desires.

So what do you think? Would such a mod fit into the game? Would you use it? Reply on what you think!

There's was official talk about updating the other status mods to not be garbage and giving them stats that them competitive vs the Dual Stat status mods, but they haven't followed through on that yet. Think it was brought up at last year's TennoCon, but I think the War Within ended up derailing a lot of stuff they've meant to fix and still haven't gotten around to them.

Edited by Ceryk

Take Sure Shot and its ilk, make it +25% status per rank not +2.5%, and therefore the max will end up as +150% status, nice and not the current 15% rubbish we have now.

We have the mods, just they are a good factor of 10 too weak.