Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to solo Defense missions?

SyskossThyGamer

Question

So I have gotten a lot better at many missions, but I want to know how to solo a defense mission for more than 15 waves. When doing any defense missions myself I use a frost, tonkor, cestra, and mios for my load out. This will easily get me to 5 waves,  but I begin to struggle at the 8+ mark. I usually summon a specter so it's not as hard as well. I'm curious to know of there is another load out that I could use. I usually do solos on planets before Jupiter because my weapons aren't good enough to solo higher level defenses. If there are other weapons that are preferred please let me know. (I'm only mr9 so I don't have all the weapons unlocked)

6 answers to this question

It also matters which defenses you are trying to solo and which mods you have.  A good ember can do low-level defense up to 15 without firing a shot (if you have the right mods) and a good tonkor can do the same with the right mods.

If you're just looking for good weapon recommendations then the Hek (primary shotgun) with a punch-through mod is great and the Vaykor Merlok (semi-auto pistol) is also very good.  The carrier is the sentinel with the best weapon.  When it came out there were teams that would do missions with only the carrier.

A good Crowd Control frame is easily a force multiplier, Nyx can go pretty far with a good Chaos Build, if you can make in pretty far assimilate becomes a great option for survivability, using a weapon with guardian derision will help you pull agro. Slowva is another example of a good CC frame, though she is not my cup of tea.