Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to Buy and what to skip?

GatoCommodore

Question

hi y'all

i just finished the assasinate vor mission and rank up 1

i can now go around and get some money

the question is what a newbie like me should buy and what i shouldnt buy 

generally speaking i dont want to buy useless item if i can buy better ones.

also i got the basic mk-1 bow, mk-1 kunai, mk-1 bo, and Volt as my basic warframe.

3 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, GatoCommodore said:

hi y'all

i just finished the assasinate vor mission and rank up 1

Ok, just to clarify there are 2 main currencies in the game: Platinum and credits. Platinum is obtained via trade or with real money and is used to unlock (buy) almost anything. Credits are obtained in game and are mainly used to pay for building things and to buy blueprints. I will recommend to save your platinum to buy weapon slots and warframe slots. Play the game, progress through the planets, build some regular warframes and then you can decide if you want to buy something difficult to obtain with platinum.

Edited by (XB1)neoxal

Do not spend platinum on anything except slots until you have a good grasp on how to make more plat.

Go farm Rhino ( amazing frame for new players ) and my personal favorite the Boltor as a primary. Then a sentinel ( preferably the carrier and put the vaccum mod max level on it ) 

Then just focus on making your gear stronger ( formas and mods ). You will know when you are ready for new stuff.

As the other above me said, plat on early levels only for slots. As for gear, try everything. Seriously, this game is about getting the many types of gear, mastering them at your own pace and see what's more your style. Even me, a veteran many times told myself that a weapon is ugly, but after trying it and correctly modding it I loved the feel of it and it became one of my top weapons. Same goes for frames and every other gear. 

Enjoy, take your time and get one main weapon of each time to be safe at first.

Most common safe gear:

Frame: Frost (Defense/Tank)/ Rhino (Offense/Tank)/ Loki (Spy)/ Trinity (Support)

Assault Rifles: Boltor/Soma

Shotguns: Tigris

Sniper: Vectis

Secondary: Lex

Melee: Galatine/Orthos

Companion/Sentinel: Carrier/Wyrm/Shade/Starter sentinel (can't remember the name) since every sentinel can have Vacuum on them.

*These are some weapons you may want in your inventory, and if possible prefer the special versions of them (Prime/ Syndicate/ Dex/ Vandal/ etc), but after that try others out since you'll certainly be surprised.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx
Forgot to mention frames and sentinels