Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expansion on spy and capture

kleight

Not an mission idea per se but an expansion of two current mission types spy and capture, just a random idea.

Currently spy

Spy: break into enemy data vaults

Ok, now what? What is done with said data, do we get anything like location of troop movements, Resource cache or vital enemy information?

Expansion idea Spy

Spy: break into enemy data vaults, then you would have to capture 5-30% or scan 25-50% archival access data ciphers-decoders (either in current level or specified locations elsewhere) to read the data, the higher percentage you the more complete data archive access you achieve (the higher echelon reward tier you get), caps at 80% + 10% successful interrogation. Then with the data shows precise location of void vaults, Resource caches or rare storage containers on mini map, in places where they are normally found.

Currently Capture

Capture: find then chase down the capture target.

Ok, again now what? What is done with the target where did he go. What information did we achieve for the war effort?

Expansion idea Capture

Capture: Find then chase down the capture target afterwards on too interrogation. There are a few outcomes possible, targets death data archive access 0% but you are given a planet where the vaults are located, target gets traded given loot, target tells exact location of data vaults archive access 10% data ciphers-decoders.

Added Interrogation cell-jail in dojo on ship or even a sanctuary like data plane of existence to gather information from capture targets. During interrogation you may use force, dialog and silence to complete the interrogation, too much force the target dies, to much dialog target refuses to talk, to much silence and well nothing said nothing gained. Each warframe will have there own strengths and weaknesses during Interrogation. Interrogation would be a timed and temporary event per one capture target per group affiliation. As well as the ability to trade capture target back to said faction for something, the longer a target is held target worth diminishes, this will change the starting loot tier in data vaults. Once interrogation is complete you may still be able to trade target back to said faction but the information gathered may change, meaning they maybe waiting for you. So there is a choice to be made.

That is actually a quite cool (awesome) idea. But I have one question about the interrogating of capture targets. Who will interrogate the target? Because you said, that we can use force (like a torture), dialog and silence (to make the target nervous, which can lead to a successful interrogation). Is it Lotus, who will ask the questions or is it us, the Operator (Kiddo)? Maybe someone else: Ordis (not really, but still possible), A guy from Red Veil (They are experienced in interrogations) or Cephalon Simaris (He can create and control the mentioned plane of existence, where the captured target can be "stored". And he´s my favourite).

What do you think about it?

I'd be fine with those if they are actual, different missions. I don't particularly want Spy or Capture removed, because they are a good break from the otherwise tiring and time consuming missions of warframe. I enjoy them a lot, just a quick mission that I can do in a minute or two and relax doing so, Doesn't waste my time, doesn't make me bored or angry.

The more mission types in Warframe (that aren't boring as hell... talking about you, Defectors), the better. Just don't remove these chill type of missions. They have their purpose, and make the game better.