Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with higher level enemies

(XBOX)Pirkulese13

Question

Hey guys, I need some help figuring out how to deal with higher level enemies. I'm still relatively newish to the game, and I'm still learning a lot about this game, but I'm starting to hit a snag in the game. Basically, I was breezing through the game until about Mars, and that's when I realized that elemental damage is your friend in this game. So after figuring that out, I got to Jupiter, which is mainly Corpus, and I'm dealing high amounts of damage to the Crewman, MOAs, and the rest of those common enemies. About half way through, I started hitting the Bursa enemies, and I can't seem to do any damage to those. With the Corpus, I'm nearly killing them instantly. I'm using the Karak for my main weapon, with Magnetic damage (good for Corpus, I figured), and I have Serration on it, too. I also have the Sicarus as my secondary, and am trying to do Corrosive damage on that to see if I can kill the Bursas quicker. Also, I'm having issues with the higher level Grinder, because I don't know what kind of damage I should do, since there are so many different kinds of damages against higher level Grineer, but I'll leave it at that, seeing as this post is extensive,  but any help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

11 answers to this question

Bursas have frontal protection. Attack from rear is best. Magnetic damage slitely increases armor on status, there for not good again enemies with yellow health bar.

I usually melee ground slam and attack rear with melee while its stunned.

Bursas turn around slowly whille attacking, use that opening and hit them in the back, they take 3x times the damage if shot at the console.

For Grineer use either Corrosive or Radiation, keep in mind that Corrosive is better at dealling with their armour and is also effective against more of the enemy types (neutral against the rest).

Also Corrosive against Corpus is a bad idea, -50% damage against Nullifiers, Techs and Snipers. Trust me, you want to deall with all of those as quickly as possible.

Yep! I have a whole different set up for Grinder and Corpus, and I didn't know they had a console on the back. I might go with fully Corrosive on the Grineer, I don't know if the higher level enemies are more effected by Corrosive, but maybe I'll add a status chance mod onto a weapon with higher status chance than what I am using.

I think bursas have been answered but if you are struggling to deal damage to enemies, i think its time you shifted your weapons. Karak is prettymuch a beginner weapon. Id suggest Soma prime for you. It kills lv 100+ enemies with relative ease(Ive got 3 formas on it)

And kill corpus with gas. Theyve got a lot of shields so simply bypass it and hit at their health. Also you will need to get good mods. Weapons are the foundation but the mods really shape everything in Warframe

2 hours ago, mythsilver said:

Hi. You can stun Bursas? I didnt know we could do that.

You can use any form of CC on them. Frame powers are usually the key when fighting bursas. Excal's blind, Rhino's stomp or anything else that will stun or slow them is very helpful here.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Ashim1 said:

Karak is prettymuch a beginner weapon. Id suggest Soma prime for you.

That's all true, but Soma Prime is vaulted so OP won't get it without spending plat that is much better used for slots or orokin catalysts/reactors at that point. Also Soma won't kill anything without proper mods that OP probably doesn't have either. That said Karak while being "begginer weapon" is still a good one and with proper mods can handle 100+ as easly. Using just "good enough mods" (i.e. Serration lvl 8, Split Chamber, 3x 90% elemental, 1x 60/60 - something like this ) can dish out quite a lot of damage with just a potato and no forma. Just changing elements depending of faction will help OP clear the starchart with no rare or expensive mods.

I realize I struggle more against Grineer than the Corpus, as I just tried running the quest "The Limbo Theorem", and can't do any damage against them (they are level 20-25 I believe). That being said, maybe I should switch my weapon to the Karak for them. I also just recently got the Boltor, and I am not sure if that's any good against them. I don't have the best mods equipped (Serration 5, Infected Clip 1, Stormbringer 4), and maybe I'm moving too fast on the quests for now. I might end up farming for Forma blueprints so I can end up having more mod slots. But I thank all of you for your responses, this game can get pretty overwhelming sometimes, but I'll take this advice into account!

The wiki is your best friend. Grineer, corpus and infested enemies are all weak to different elements. For example. Grineer heavy gunners are weak to corrosive while the bombards are weak to radiation. Also keep in mind the same is true for grineer Lancers and elite Lancers. The regular ones are weak to corrosive while the elite Lancers are weak to radiation.

I suggest doing some research on the different factions and carrying weapons that have different elements. For example. For high lvl grineer I carry a radiation primary and a corrosive secondary. Hope this helps.

Edited by nickelshark
Thanks autocorrect

9 minutes ago, nickelshark said:

For example. For high lvl grineer I carry a radiation primary and a corrosive secondary. Hope this helps.

Ah, yes, I was running full corrosive on my main weapon. Maybe I'll try out the radiation on my primary weapon and see if that helps!

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Pirkulese13 said:

I realize I struggle more against Grineer than the Corpus, as I just tried running the quest "The Limbo Theorem", and can't do any damage against them (they are level 20-25 I believe). That being said, maybe I should switch my weapon to the Karak for them. I also just recently got the Boltor, and I am not sure if that's any good against them. I don't have the best mods equipped (Serration 5, Infected Clip 1, Stormbringer 4), and maybe I'm moving too fast on the quests for now. I might end up farming for Forma blueprints so I can end up having more mod slots. But I thank all of you for your responses, this game can get pretty overwhelming sometimes, but I'll take this advice into account!

The Boltore would be the superior choice vs grineer since it does mostly puncture DMG which better against armor. I forgot to mention this in my previous post but the base damage spread of a weapon (impact good vs shield, puncture good vs armor, slash good vs flesh) makes a big difference on top of the elemental DMG.

Edited by nickelshark
Autocorrect strike again!

Just now, nickelshark said:

The Biltmore would be the superior choice vs grineer since it does mostly puncture DMG which better against armor.

I assume you mean Boltor? And I'll have to give that a try, I'll run the survival mission to Max Rank the Boltor and start using that, I was using the MK1-Paris with puncture damage, but obviously, I hit the rut because of my elemental damage, and the fact i am not a big fan of using a bow.