Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveling advice needed.

(PSN)Seraphiel_777

Question

The thing that is throwing an RPG curve-ball at me is the level 30 cap on tenno & gear. I'm now at level mastery 8 and starting planet Neptune as well as The Second Dream quest, but seems like I have been using Excalibur and Ivara forever with the same old Redirection, Vitality, Intensify, Continuity, Streamline, Flow, and Armored Agility/Fortitude/Constitution mod setup with Akstiletto Prime, Hek, and Galatine as my main go-to weapons when I'm not trying to level up my mastery. In other words, now that I am taking on level 30-40 enemies and my same old setup isn't scaling up, it is becoming increasingly difficulty to succeed in missions.  

I have used a few Orokin catalysts & reactors on my main tenno & weapons, but, for the most part, I don't feel I have any real worthwhile weapons yet except my Akstiletto Prime in spite of building many of the clan tech weapons, and working my way towards syndicate weapons. I have yet to add Forma or change polarities to anything.  

Rarely do I complete Void parkour treasure rooms (poor jumping skills); the majority of my rare mods came from doing alert missions. Outside of trading, I'm not sure where to get better mods.

My gut is telling me to keep focusing on unlocking all the planets, but I'm starting to get my @$$ kicked because of my stagnant stats & gear. Anyone have some pro tips for a guy in my shoes? Some good Rifle/Bow, Pistol, and Melee suggestions for my level would be much appreciated too.

Lastly, I have experience with Excalibur, Ivara, Mesa, Octavia, Frost Prime, Saryn Prime, and Nidus; I also own (but have yet to play) Ash Prime, Nekros Prime, Rhino Prime, Mag Prime, Trinity Prime, Valkyr Prime, Volt, Vauban, Oberon, and Nyx. Who among these tenno are best for solo end game? Thanks in advance! :cool:

8 answers to this question

Try not to run head first into "endgame" content, however for me, I'll just use Ash prime since you can build him for various missions and playstyles But realistically every frame is capable of high lvl solo, their is no such thing as "best" since that is just an illusion and really just use whatever makes you comfortable around high lvl content, look up some builds for various Warframes and see what shines out to your kind of playstyle.

I would recommend getting Rhino Prime up. I started playing the game about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I followed the FTP guide by Brozime. The newest one. I ended up buying Rhino Prime to speed up my progress, plus it's a decent deal.

Anyway, I've soloed my way up to Eris. The Hekk is a great shotgun that hits like a truck. I did however buy Scattered Justice for the Hekk, greatly increases damage. I've not had any problems with survivability thanks to Iron Skin. I'm currently MR 6. Make sure you run The Ayatan Mission to increase Enzo to upgrade mods. The build on my Rhino isn't even optimized, it's using the basic rare mods... Streamline, Infensity, and Continuity.

Id recommend watching Brozime on YouTube for a guide on what you should be doing, it help me a ton.

TRLD - Rhino + Hekk = Star Chart Finished!

Good Luck!

Edited by (PS4)Hidden671

The three weapons you mentioned are three of the best weapons in the game for your level.   The Hek and the Galatine can be replaced by their upgrades at level 12 and 13, the Akstillettos will last you forever.  Your problem is probably mods. Have you been upgrading your mods?

Put as many ranks as you can into the basic damage mods: Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike and Pressure Point.  Then put as many ranks as you can into the multishot mods: Split Chamber, Hell's Chamber, Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent.  The Hek has a syndicate mod from Steel Meridian called Scattered Justice that adds even more multishot.  You should notice a huge difference in damage output with these mods at or near maximum rank even if you have to leave some mod slots blank at first to make room.

Among the frames you mentioned, Rhino, Frost and Nyx are easy to mod up and can be used to help you clear the star chart solo.

With those mods on Ivara or Excalibur and with those weapons?
So long as your weapons are properly modded to be able to output damage in the 5k range (obviously, lower damage per hit for the Akstilleto) or higher you should have no problems finishing the map up.

If you do have problems with that setup on Excalibur/Ivara and with properly modded weapons then it's not a question of equipment, frame, or mods. It's a question of playstyle.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Seraphiel_777 said:

Anyone have some pro tips for a guy in my shoes?

1. There is nothing wrong with playing at all content levels at all times.  In fact the games forces you to do so with how rewards and drops are structured.  When you need orokin cells you play on Ceres or Saturn, two mid level planets.  Similarly if you want lith relics you must be on low level planets to get them.  The examples could go on and on. 

2. Corrupted mods.  Farming these is mandatory to move past mid game.

3. Make sure you have all four element mods (cold, heat, poison, electricity)  in all four weapon categories (rifle, shotgun, pistol, melee).  Both 90% and 60% damage/60% status versions.

3b. Know what the single elements and dual element combination do and when to use each.  This is basically reading the Damage 2.0 page on the wiki.

4. Weapons are generally lumped into three basic build categories: raw damage, status, or crit damage.  Learn which weapons are which and build them properly.  The modding systems works to enhance base stats... 200% more of zero is still zero.

5. Your mods dictate when you need to forma stuff.  If all your mods fit then you don't need to worry about it, but if you can't fill every mod slot or ranking a mod takes you over capacity then you have no other choice but add a forma.

5b. Sticking some crappy low point cost mod into a slot just because you have a few points to spare doesn't count as "filling the slot" above.  There are many mods in the game that you should just NEVER use.

6. Your main goals right now should be (IMO) getting strong enough to play sorties and also getting 2 or 3 syndicates to max rank.  The rewards from sorties are very powerful as are the syndicate weapons and augment mods.

6b. As far as the sorties go you aren't really looking at contributing that much, but some missions are easy enough that you not dying is just fine.  You need to know how to do all the rescue vaults and spy vaults and how to hack without cyphers.  Practice these mission types!  Then if the three missions look too hard for that day just skip it.  I don't run every single one... some days it just isn't worth the trouble.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Seraphiel_777 said:

In other words, now that I am taking on level 30-40 enemies and my same old setup isn't scaling up, it is becoming increasingly difficulty to succeed in missions. 

How do you approach your missions?  Do you like stealthing?  Or do you like blowing s*** up as much as possible?  You have a Frame for both playstyles so, dependent on which you prefer, I can give you more specific tips.  

That said, Ivara scales endlessly with a Dagger equipped with Covert Lethality equipped.  To do this, use her sleep arrow, then use the finisher move on enemies.  She 1 hits the game this way.

Excal can do the same, more or less, by using Naramon Focus tree skills to proc invis with melee.  The invis, at max level, lasts 10 seconds and procs on crit hits which are easy to create using the proper melee builds (Body count, Blood Rush, etc) and the proper weapons.  Or he can be used in the same way as Ivara, albeit not as effectively, by using his Radial blind in conjunction with a dagger equipped with Covert Lethality.

I have used a few Orokin catalysts & reactors on my main tenno & weapons, but, for the most part, I don't feel I have any real worthwhile weapons yet except my Akstiletto Prime in spite of building many of the clan tech weapons, and working my way towards syndicate weapons.

A lot of the weapons in this game, while fun, are utterly worthless.  With the addition of Rivens, this has changed somewhat because even the lowest tier of weapons can be competitive, but you still have a group of about 8-10% of the weapons in the game that outperform the other 92-90% of weapons just on the base level.  Just find guns you enjoy and forma the crap out of them.  If you really like it, get a Riven for it.  

To your specific question posed, though, with a proper mod setup the Ignis or Ignis Wraith can both last well into the levels you are specifically referring to and do well.  It just depends on how well you mod for the faction you are planning to fight.

Rarely do I complete Void parkour treasure rooms (poor jumping skills); the majority of my rare mods came from doing alert missions. Outside of trading, I'm not sure where to get better mods.

Those are really more just memorization of where to go than anything else.  While you need some minor parkour skills, they basically amount to "can you bullet jump, jump, aim glide, and roll in the same direction?"  Learning that combo, alone, will get you through a majority of them.  As to getting better mods, just play the game, really.  Mods, all of them, come over time.  Some specific ones, like the ones you pull from caches, can be annoying but can also be replaced by something else comparable that isn't nearly as rare.

Also, send me a message on PSN and I will simply give you some core mods that I have tons of duplicates of specifically for that reason.

My gut is telling me to keep focusing on unlocking all the planets, but I'm starting to get my @$$ kicked because of my stagnant stats & gear.

Trust your gut.  The more nodes you have unlocked the more of the game you can actually experience.  Work on leveling your mods and don't be afraid to go back and spend a few days to a week grinding on earlier planets for mods, frames, or components.  

Lastly, I have experience with Excalibur, Ivara, Mesa, Octavia, Frost Prime, Saryn Prime, and Nidus; I also own (but have yet to play) Ash Prime, Nekros Prime, Rhino Prime, Mag Prime, Trinity Prime, Valkyr Prime, Volt, Vauban, Oberon, and Nyx. Who among these tenno are best for solo end game? Thanks in advance

Depends on how you want to approach it.  Of those, though, if by end-game you mean the level 150-250+ enemies, I'd say Octavia has the easiest time solo.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:29 PM, (PS4)Seraphiel_777 said:

Ivara forever with the same old Redirection, Vitality, Intensify, Continuity, Streamline, Flow, and Armored Agility/Fortitude/Constitution mod setup

I just now really looked at the mods you're using.  You have more health/armor mods than you really need on Ivara.  Because her base stats in those areas are low, you are somewhat wasting mod slots using them on her.  Basically she'll get one-shotted whether you have those mods on or not.  Her survival is heavily tied to not being seen to get hit.  So use Prowl and/or Sleep Arrow to lessen those chances.  Doing it this way requires more energy.  Of the mods you have listed, I would dump Armored Agility in favor of Stretch to give you more range on your abilities.  When you get more comfortable, then you can replace Vitality and Redirection also.  By then you will have figured out how staying near the group will get you killed constantly.  :D 

If you are playing mostly solo, then you don't need Redirection, Vitality, armored Agility, or Fortitude on Ivara at all.  You will need higher Efficiency for her abilities and Prowl. 

As for Excal, I can't offer anything for him as I just don't play him. 

Edited by DatDarkOne