Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this a good nidus build?

DoritosandDewGG

Question

I made my nidus around this build I found in the forums(pick below not mine) and thought it was quite nice and I'm quite good at landing his 1 so energy wasn't a problem, so I didn't need flow and efficiency as much. So I wanted an insane STR build.

I've been running this build for a few days now and it has been quite successful and fun. My main concern is there a power STR cap on nidus? Like past a certain amount power strength no longer effects his abilities like other frames. 

And also what would be a good weapon to compliment growing Power.9db8e1ae03ca88886c01059cd364d714.jpg

3 answers to this question

You stole my build >:(

and yes its a good Nidus build , that i why I'm using it. Only difference is I have maxed Primed Continuity :P

+1 for purple , white , grey , black color scheme.

Edited by Aeon94

Decent build, although there are some mod swaps that will scale higher.

Dropping Streamline for a Range mod will help Larva grab much more enemies, let Virulence hit more enemies, and give Parasitic Link more room to run from your target. Personal choice Stretch or Overextended, although I prefer Overextended for the much higher range. With every strength mod/Growing Power, I still sit at 279% strength.

I would drop Steel Fiber for Primed flow, as running with 45% efficiency can make Nidus Power hungry. With a four target requirement to regain 100% of energy spent by Virulence, the increased range from Overextended makes it easier to hit more than four enemies to gain energy overall, or combine with Larva for easier grouping. The reason I say dropping Steel Fiber is good is because Parasitic Link gives a flat 90% mitigation with that strength level, and Nidus's base armor is high enough that adding Steel Fiber doesn't give a whole lot more mitigation due to diminishing returns; you may be able to face tank slightly longer, but I'd rather have the ability to case more powers in a row.

Someone going for level 500 enemies may drop Rage (use Zenurik/Virulence/pads to regain energy) to stack even more range, and/or drop Vitality to gain more duration and rely on innate health regen/Ravenous/Parasitic Link/Larva cc to keep themselves alive. However, this makes Nidus far more clunky for anything under two hours, so my preferred build is essentially yours, with the changes I already listed.

I use similar builds though I don't use Streamline because it only affects one ability and Nidus doesn't really need to use Larva for himself as much as you'd think. I use Primed Flow instead. It makes Nidus more resistant to energy drains and gives you a little more room to be wreckless with Virulence and Blind Rage.

I don't use Rage however it's a perfectly good option when you don't have Zenurik / Energize.

Range scales worse than Power for Solo play. In a group Range has better value for CC but his Link with Power is an insane buff on the right frame so they're equally useful in groups, depends on your team comp. In Solo a Range build will start to cap out around lvl 300 while a Power build will push past lvl 400.

Nidus with Steel Fiber has 39,928.06 eHP.  Nidus without Steel Fiber has 27,750 eHP, A difference of 12,178 eHP for one mod slot. The increase in armor also makes his innate healing, Nest healing, arcane grace and Medi-ray healing more efficient.

These are what I use.for comparison.  I use the Range build for enemies under lvl 200 and the Power build for lvl 250+.

Spoiler

DWGaZDW.jpg

The Exilus slot doesn't matter much. I prefer Rush being a dodge roll spammer. If you end up still needing Rage then I would sub Intensify. Stretch gives you just enough Range on a Power build for comfort.