Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you farm?

dead.rabit

Question

So I'm running out of rarer resources like Neural Sensors, Argon and Orikin cells. What's the deal with containers?

Most people when farming don't bother opening the big lockers, so I assume only trash can spawn from them. Most people only break the containers but I've seen some players seem to deliberately skip some containers even when they're farming. So are all containers not made equal? I know that mods only spawn from "special containers" (generally, containers in hard to reach or elevated places) in the void, does the same apply to good resources?

Orikin cell containers are obvious, but can Orikin cells spawn in other containers too?

Do enemy mobs spawn rare resources? They seem too because I've seen resources in random places before.. If so, am I better off farming the enemies and focusing on gathering them up into a killing field, or scouring the map looking for containers?

Farming is boring, tell me how to do it faster please, so I can build new weapons.. so I can farm more effectively..*sigh*

Edited by dead.rabit

4 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, dead.rabit said:

So I'm running out of rarer resources like Neural Sensors, Argon and Orikin cells. What's the deal with containers?

Most people when farming don't bother opening the big lockers, so I assume only trash can spawn from them. Most people only break the containers but I've seen some players seem to deliberately skip some containers even when they're saying their farming. So are all containers not made equal? I know that mods only spawn from "special containers" (generally, containers in hard to reach or elevated places) in the void, does the same apply to good resources?

Orikin cell containers are obvious, but can Orikin cells spawn in other containers too?

Do enemy mobs spawn rare resources? They seem too because I've seen resources in random places before.. If so, am I better off farming the enemies and focusing on gathering them up into a killing field, or scouring the map looking for containers?

Farming is boring, tell me how to do it faster please, so I can build new weapons.. So I can farm more effectively..*sigh*

Rare resources can spawn in any container or from any enemy if they are one of the four resources for that planet.  (Saturn for Orokin Cells for instance.)

Some rare resource farming tips: 

Get a Nekros and use desecrate in survival.

Use recruitment chat to get a farming group together.  More players means more enemies and more drop chances.

Buy a drop chance or resource doubler booster.

Use a Smeeta Kavat.  It can randomly create a rare resource for you or give you a short resource doubler bonus.

Bosses usually drop the rare resource for their planet.  Farm the boss over and over.  Note that Phorid counts as a boss and will drop the rare resource for the planet he appears on.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

All containers and enemies can drop any of their planet's resources; however, in the case of containers, the smaller/common containers typically have a lower chance to drop things like resources, energy orbs, etc. compared to the uncommon/rare/reinforced ones. If you're hunting for a specific resource, I recommend exploring side rooms as much as possible--these are where storage containers tend to spawn in the highest numbers, and by extension where you're likely to find dedicated resource nodes (which spawn in place of containers), which are guaranteed to drop their respective resource--usually in higher quantities than normal. You can usually find at least a few rare resource nodes (e.g. Orokin cell arrays), per mission if you're thorough. To that end, equipping a loot radar mod can help you find some of the more hidden side rooms, which can help your odds a lot.

Bringing a frame that's tailored to loot farming--Nekros, Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm, Atlas with Ore Gaze, etc.--can also better your chances on the enemy killing side of things. That's a little more hit or miss, in my opinion, but either way it doesn't hurt your chances.

what i would advice u to skip lot farming use extractors and deploy on planets for materials u need most...also wen is weekend bonus drop rate get nekros with max range to desecrate as much as u can. buy double drop booster... and farm...

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

what i would advice u to skip lot farming use extractors and deploy on planets for materials u need most...also wen is weekend bonus drop rate get nekros with max range to desecrate as much as u can. buy double drop booster... and farm...

Uh... no. That's a horrible way to get resources.
Excavators don't give nearly enough to accumulate any reasonable amount of resources quickly enough.

If you need something, just go to a planet that has them and kill a bunch of enemies.

Orokin Cells, I forget which one but it's a Grineer defense mission. You should get a 1-2 every 8 waves or so.
Argon Crystals, go to some endless Void mission and stay there killing enemies until you get the amount you need.
I don't remember my go-to place for Neural Sensors... but probably the same recipe as above. Go to some defense or survival mission where it drops and stay there and kill and pick up stuff for as long as you can.