Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Help

(PSN)enzudesign

Question

Dear Warframe community a good friend and member of my clan is currently experiencing the strangest and most disturbing problem with his Warframe account. For over a month now my good friend has not been able to trade with other players. He can visit a dojo but he can only do this alone. As soon as he is invited or try's to invite a person to a dojo he is met with a "network not responding" error. The same exact thing happens when he try's to go to a relay. Again he can join a relay but he cannot enter a relay where there is other people. I myself have never heard of such an insane problem. The poor guy has now left my clan because he feels so awkward and can't properly play the game, losing the ability to trade has severely affected his game and obviously enjoyment. Trading and using the relay is an integral part of playing Warframe. If anybody on this forum could offer help or suggestions it would be great, I even tried contacting DE via Twitter but was met with no response. I'm desperate to figure this out and be able to help my friend. He doesn't want to stop playing Warframe he loves this game, but without a solution won't have a choice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section. Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

This sounds like a ISP issue. There must be some type of restriction on his internet access. He will probably need to open up some ports or use a different DNS network. I'm just spewing jargon here as that's the extent of my network knowledge. Some computer expert below will probably help you better.

It sounds like it may be a hardware or settings problem.

I'm not particularly well versed in this kind of thing, but there's a few pieces of information that could help someone with better knowledge of networking than I:

Can he connect to peer-to-peer connections(aka normal missions) fine?

If so, what is his average ping/connection quality?

Is he using wi-fi or ethernet?(this should technically only affect ping, but more info is better in this case)

What are his NAT settings? (there's a problem with some NAT configurations that can cause certain issues with warframe's connections-- I think that's mostly supposed to be with peer-to-peer connections, but you never know)

Can he connect to other online games without issue?

How old is hit router/modem/both? (There was a time when I had some very mysterious and very frustrating issues which prevented me from joining squads, going so far as to prevent me from getting vulkar wraith when it first came out due to my inability to solo the event, and it turns out that the problem was that my ISP had stopped supporting my particular model of router. Keep in mind, this router must have been at LEAST a decade old, so I would hope and assume that isn't the problem, but I should throw it out there)

Thank you enzu for making this post for me. 

The thing is that I have been playing for nearly a year without a problem & only in the last few months this has happened. Nothing has changed with my setting's on warframe, my ps4 & the internet. All I can say is that the last guy who had this problem quite because he couldn't fix it. I don't want to see 1333 hours wasted. 

I have posted a video on YouTube where I show you what is happening.

I took it before the update but North has changed. Also I was using the Ethernet cord when I was doing this. I normal use WiFi but it doesn't make a difference for the problem.

Thank you all for trying to help me.

Edited by (PS4)LordofWolves666
Fixing up