Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help black borders

Lunaris

Question

Soo when the WF launcher popped up i opened the settings and clicked optimize in the hope of getting better fps.

After i waited like 30 mins i open the game. My resolution is usually at 800x600 but can run at 1366x768 too but i'd rather have 60 fps then 30.

Before i clicked optimize my screen was stretched and there were not black bars. After i "optimized" the game my screen is still at 800x600 but i've observed a small problem. My screen is not stretched and there are 2 black bars at the left and right of my screen

PS:My desktop's resolution used to changed once with the game's res but after i "optimized" it doesnt anymore. Anyone knows how i can play at 800x600 again without those black bars?

Edited by TheBlueHero

6 answers to this question

I'll try to help but I hope you guys are aware that when you stretch 800x600 to fit the width of a widescreen monitor you mess with the aspect ratio and completely distort the image in the process.

@TheBlueHero since you're saying this started after you did the optimization, I would first check to see if the game didn't set itself to run at windowed or borderless mode. It may be that your PC is configured to stretch fullscreen so the game needs to be running at fullscreen otherwise the image won't get stretched. Check the "Fullscreen" option in the Warframe launcher as well as your in-game settings.

If that doesn't help there may be another way, but it depends on your GPU drivers. I now what you need to do if you're using a Nvidia GPU but for ATI, Intel or anything else I'm not so sure. So let me know what you're running the game on.

13 hours ago, Amazerath said:

I'll try to help but I hope you guys are aware that when you stretch 800x600 to fit the width of a widescreen monitor you mess with the aspect ratio and completely distort the image in the process.

@TheBlueHero since you're saying this started after you did the optimization, I would first check to see if the game didn't set itself to run at windowed or borderless mode. It may be that your PC is configured to stretch fullscreen so the game needs to be running at fullscreen otherwise the image won't get stretched. Check the "Fullscreen" option in the Warframe launcher as well as your in-game settings.

If that doesn't help there may be another way, but it depends on your GPU drivers. I now what you need to do if you're using a Nvidia GPU but for ATI, Intel or anything else I'm not so sure. So let me know what you're running the game on.

Im using my Lenovo Ideapad G510 with AMD Radeon HD 8570M with 2Gb memory + intel hd graphics 4600 (the processor is intel i3)

No all the settings are the same even after i did the optimization. I've tried messing with the Aspect Ration in game. Doesn't work.

Edited by TheBlueHero

@TheBlueHero 

Small explanation of what might be happening:

Spoiler

The aspect ratio option is probably not working because the game is being forced to run at 16:9. Resolution is set to 4:3 (800x600) but the black borders fill in what's missing and give you a 16:9 ratio. You mentioned that previously there used to be a resolution change when you ran the game. That was probably your PC moving from your 16:9 desktop resolution to the game's 4:3 resolution. You need it to do that again. And your best chance to make that happen is by telling your GPU to stop automatically scaling everything so that you can mess around with the aspect ratio.

Actual possible solution:

I don't have any experience with AMD drivers, but I found something that seems to be the equivalent to the Nvidia options.

http://imgur.com/a/YR90a

These images are about 7 months old so I'm hoping the AMD drivers still look the same and offer these same options. Either way, my take on this is that you need to disable GPU scaling and force your own resolution/aspect ratio. If the drivers don't allow you to do that then you may need to hunt down a third party software that does.

Found the solution.
Right click on desktop go to (intel) grahpics propreties -> Display -> Scale Fullscren -> Overried app settings
This method will make the taskbar and all the icons a little bit smaller (from my experience). To fix this just right click on desktop go to display settigns (NOT THE INTEL ONE) and change the scale from 100% to 125% ane everything went back to normal.