Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multi-Wielding (How I do dat?)

(XBOX)MuffinWizrad

Question

Title is a little misleading, what I really want to know is how to do it WELL. As I understand it, all you have to do for multi-wielding is have a throwing melee weapon and a single-handed secondary.

So my first thought for a throwing weapon was Glaive Prime because... well... because Glaive Prime. The secondary is what I was having trouble with. The Vaykor Marelok is on the table and a good all around damage dealer, but since we're talking about single-handed secondaries, that means that Sicarus Prime is as well. And we ALL know about Sicarus Prime.

But for those who have experimented with the multi-wielding already, what combos (stances included for the melee weapons) seem to work best? I still doubt that this whole multi-wielding thing is going to pull me away from my lovely Venka Prime, but it would be nice to have something to try at least.

6 answers to this question

Zakti + Glaive Prime are one of the better combinations I've found for dual wielding.

Manually detonating the Glaive is ideal for most situations, esp since Glaive auto procs Knockdown and Bleed in addition to it's normal status chance. If you time your throws correctly you will get a different reticle which gives the Glaive some bonuses when you throw it. The Glaive acts a little differently when you throw it like this so it'll take some getting used to along with the timing.

Zakti can very easily apply 3-4 Status effects in one shot on it's own and when combined with Glaive Prime's innate status of 3-4 effects. It becomes quite easy to have 6-7 effects going for Condition Overload to one-shot a lvl 145 Napalm when backed by some combo multiplier.

This would be the combination at work starting at 0x combo.

This is the Glaive Prime build I use:

Spoiler

FrwpTJW.jpg

Zakti is just a typical 60/60x4 Corrosive + Blast, though Corrosive + Heat/Cold can work too.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)neoxal said:

I believe Zakti is not yet available in consoles :C

You could supplant the zakti with several other secondaries.

The Tysis has weak damage but fantastic status chance and is innate corrosive which makes it really handy in stripping armor

The Lex prime, Magnus, Marelok, and cycron also have very good status chance

The interesting thing about Dual wielding is that it can make some Secondarys that you would normally hate, usable, and fun! Same for poor throw-able melees, I enjoyed the Cycron and Orvius combo, (or the tron combo, if you color things well) Normally, the cycron is a pain, but in this mode, it's great! Use what you want together, just be good about using the mode to its full potential, you don't want to catch yourself only using one or the other. Personally, i like the Tron Combo, Orvius/GP & Euphona Prime is a super great combo.