The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Tutorial] How to cancel Amazon Prime Subscrpition after claiming Twitch Prime Loot

------ArtOfViolence-----

Message added by Yaerion

PSA tag removed (reserved to the Staff). I put "Tutorial" instead. Thanks for helping the Community!

Question

Sorry if this has been covered, but a cursory search turned up nothing explicit on the forums.

Fellow Tenno: as you may have already read, there are several steps to signing up for your Twitch Prime trial so you can claim your free Frost Prime & Vistapa Prime Syandana.  If you have not done this, the steps are linked below.  If you have, I wanted to just make you are aware that your Twitch Prime trial is actually also an Amazon Prime Trial.  If you do not want to be charged, you have to cancel the trial before it expires.  It doesn't make it explicitly clear that you must do so through Amazon and not Twitch. 

The link to cancel your Amazon Prime membership is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201118010

It will ask you at least 3 times if you are absolutely sure you want to cancel. 

As an extra measure, I also unlinked my Twitch account from my Amazon account in the Twitch settings tab under your username/picture. 

I went the extra step and in Twitch settings > connections also unlinked "Warframe" and "Twitch Prime Loot".

I can confirm that your Frost Prime and Vistapa Prime Syandana do stay in your inventory when all of this is finished. 

I hope this helps you to not get charged if you didn't intend to start an Amazon Prime subscription.  Happy hunting! :simaris:

The steps required to sign up are detailed in an honest fashion here:

7 answers to this question

Damn Twitch & Amazone are thief! The way to unsubscribe is definitely made so people just don't find it at all?! How is that even legal?

They're just redirecting you 150 times so people just give up. It's nearly easier to block payments direct with your bank account -_-

19 hours ago, Xionso said:

When I click on your link it says I am not an amazon prime member but I never cancelled it! I got twitch prime benifits and I got my frost prime and other stuff. How do I stop this?

Log in into your amazon account and search and use the options in amazon to cancel it. Also when you subscribed you should have received the email with the link to cancel. 

Okay I am bumping this 3 years later because I think how Amazon is making it so hard to end the trial is shaddy as hell.

It took me quite a while to come across a solution that is still valid prior to landing here.

You can end the free trial at: https://www.primevideo.com/settings

Don't ask me why it's at prime video instead. But if you signed on for Prime Gaming, the free trial shows up there and you can end it.

Rant on. There is no way to end the trial on the Prime Gaming site itself, shaddy #1. And on the Amazon page (www.amazon.com) the Prime section is missing the manage membership section, shaddy #2. In the FAQ of the Prime Gaming site, none of the very succinct but generic "solutions" work, shaddy #3.

Finally found a Youtube video (below) for this.

Never again.