Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Fire , Behavior, & Prioritization?

BetaNoire

Question

So I saw this video on  youtube that compares fighting a horde of enemies in Warframe to a movie like Kungfu Hustle. A lone hero faces off against 100 enemies and the whole thing looks very impressive. But in actuality the hero only fights them one at a time, and the rest of the enemies sort of move around and "dance".

http://i.imgur.com/egaFyKB.gifv

He shows in his video how this is more noticeable with enemies that fire their weapons in long bursts. What I  wonder, is  taking this in account whether it can or should affect how you prioritize what enemies you  fight first? I mean in terms of how you CC,  disable enemies, or engage large groups.  I've heard that things in a game or computer simulation can't actually happen simultaneously- rather they occur sequentially or at best interweave with each other.

Now Console Casual argues that the revelation doesn't change the game much for him. But is there a possible way to min max, cheese, or turn it to your advantage like kung fu action heroes dancing with enemies? If enemies don't attack simultaneously is there some underlying  pattern to how enemies selectively attack you or your allies? 

Edited by BetaNoire

4 answers to this question

It's not exactly accurate.

I'd suggest going into the simulacrum spawning Heavy Gunners and see for yourself.

From my understanding the game uses frameskips to prevent enemies from shooting at once but it doesn't prevent all other enemies from shooting.

Bombards will space their attacks and Gunner will start shooting at different timings but Gunners will not stop from shooting just because another is.

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Hey uh, sorry for the slight topic change, but where did you get that image from?, it looks like a female dragon furry girl, but I  could be mistaken 

It's a youtuber Glyph from LifeofRio, he specializes on endurance runs.

Youtubers give them out on stream, discord, contests and other stuff.