The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My luck is one of the greatest

Zengan420

So I was doing a Survival missions with some high level dudes, I was like rank 3 or something at that time and we were going for 30 minutes because we had a good squad to do it. So everything was fine and then an Ancient Disruptor or a Tar Mutalist MOA dropped Cleaving Whirlwind, which has a 0.03% chance of dropping on those mobs and I was super stocked about it!
But then my luck hit me in the face, stupidly bad internet connection dropped at the 29:30 (something like that) mark and I basicly didn't recieve jack sh*t.
I just love how lucky I am.

PS: Only decided to post it now on the forums because I only discovered the chance drop of that thing xD

Edited by Zengan420

2 minutes ago, Zengan420 said:

So I was doing a Survival missions with some high level dudes, I was like rank 3 or something at that time and we were going for 30 minutes because we had a good squad to do it. So everything was fine and then an Ancient Disruptor or a Tar Mutalist MOA dropped Cleaving Whirlwind, which has a 0.03% chance of dropping on those mobs and I was super stocked about it!
But then my luck hit me in the face, stupidly bad internet connection dropped at the 29:30 (something like that) mark and I basicly didn't recieve jack sh*t.

Boooo... sounds like my luck lol I have a bunch of these if you want one, just shoot me an in game message

Yes, the network connectivity and hosting system are bad and prone to failure. However, honestly speaking, it had massively improved compared to what it used to be one-two years ago.

Nowadays you at least have a relatively high chance of reconnecting back into the game.

13 minutes ago, Zengan420 said:

PS: Only decided to post it now on the forums because I only discovered the chance drop of that thing xD

I could just give you a Cleaving Whirlwind, they're not tough to get for higher end players.

Edit: That is some bad luck though.

Edited by AtoKitsune
Relevancy.

18 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

Yes, the network connectivity and hosting system are bad and prone to failure. However, honestly speaking, it had massively improved compared to what it used to be one-two years ago.

Nowadays you at least have a relatively high chance of reconnecting back into the game.

I'm not going to say anything about the server side of things, ie finding a squad/migrations because we all know how dodgy that is.  But once you're in a squad the connection is basically between players so it's usually down to the host or client if there's a connectivity issue, I've got good internet and network equipment and I can't recall anytime where I've lost connection in a mission (outside of initial connecting to host and host migration buggyness).   Though I do wish they'd do something about getting into a squad where the hosts connection is really bad (dial up lol) or spikes when the enemies turn up (toaster) and you don't get anywhere near the target 300ms you've set in the settings....