Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My 2 cents about the PoE matchmaking and everything

NebbyOtt

DE was saying how they were going to have it like a normal squad size going in there and while i think thats nice that i have the choice to go in there with only 4 people i think i should also have a choice to go in there with up to 50 random people, and no not using that crappy low quality bs relay system. Because that doesn't work. It moves around a JPG of everyone's warframes every couple of seconds. I mean with a system that's actually as high quality as a host with great internet. And it would need a new option, so when your in the Relay portion of PoE you there would be some sort of MMO option in your matchmaking tab so that you could do it. and if you ask me, the way you were hyping it up DE, having more than 4 or even 8 players should be necessary for killing Eidolon. Noone should be able to bring in a normal squad of 4 players and kill Eidolon like its some normal boss, unless those players are wicked talented.

4 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

the problem is p2p , in order to do something like this you would need a dedicated server and I dont think DE will do it as it is costly effort

The problem with that is they are already dedicated to making this a thing. And that's just he way it has to be if they don't want it to be a huge flop that they wasted their resources on for a year. A year that they could have used to make The Sacrifice thrice as fast, due to how much they were working on PoE to make it TennoCon ready. What's the point of making an open world and a REALLY REALLY BIG REALLY REALLY STRONG SENTIENT MONSTER. If i can't play it and meet new people along the way and kill it with 9+ of my friends.

Edited by TennoHack

18 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

The problem with that is they are already dedicated to making this a thing. And that's just he way it has to be if they don't want it to be a huge flop that they wasted their resources on for a year. A year that they could have used to make The Sacrifice thrice as fast, due to how much they were working on PoE to make it TennoCon ready. What's the point of making an open world and a REALLY REALLY BIG REALLY REALLY STRONG SENTIENT MONSTER. If i can't play it and meet new people along the way and kill it with 9+ of my friends.

From the latest dev stream it is more like 6 months or so rather than a year. The problem is as bad4youLT says, potato hosts can't run an instance for 50 users and expecting DE to front the cash for a bunch of dedicated servers in a f2p game just isn't reasonable. I suspect that after some load testing they may open PoE up for up to 8 players but I can't see any technical way of pushing it higher than that.

1 minute ago, Shalath said:

From the latest dev stream it is more like 6 months or so rather than a year. The problem is as bad4youLT says, potato hosts can't run an instance for 50 users and expecting DE to front the cash for a bunch of dedicated servers in a f2p game just isn't reasonable. I suspect that after some load testing they may open PoE up for up to 8 players but I can't see any technical way of pushing it higher than that.

If they weren't ready to do what it takes to make a good open world expansion to their game... guess what they shouldn't have made.

This is the biggest thing they've ever done to the game and it could potentially make or break the game's future.

Edited by TennoHack

They are just giving players something they have been asking for within the limits of their business model and engine tech. If you want a true MMO experience with dedicated servers you are looking at switching WF to a subscription model which would probably kill the game.