Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain Extract

LawlFakers

Question

So I want to begin construction of Valkyr Prime, I got close to all of the resources, with the exception of Nitain Extract, a material that appears to drop rarely on sabotage missions and in alerts.

There's the issue: I don't have enough time in a day to just sit and wait for an alert rewarding Nitain Extract, an alert that I've been told only occurs twice a day, making it ludicrously difficult, if not nigh impossible for me to craft Valkyr Prime. The drop rate is just too ridiculous, is there no possible way for someone like me to acquire these resources?

8 answers to this question

Well, apart from the alerts you mentioned (it should reliably show up in alerts at least 4+ times a day or so). You can build it up that way over time. 

You can attempt to farm them from certain sabotage missions, the regular solar map ones with caches I believe, but you have to have all three caches for a chance and the drop chance is really low. 

Yeah, as I said, I don't have the time to sit there waiting for an alert all day, I got things to do, places to be, I've a job .. If the alerts rewarding Nitain do occur, they do while I'm either at work. or when I'm in bed ..

Nope. You can try opening caches on lua, but the drop rate there is ridiculous. Not to mention how frustrating it is to look for the aforementioned caches. They minus-well not even be there. Anyone who does not think it's an issue has likely been playing actively since its implementation. That gave them a chance to stockpile the resources before new items are released that require it. But, if you started now and lack access to that reservoir it is a completely different story. All you can really do is keep an eye out now and look for them as they come. It'll take you weeks to get simple items and it is beyond frustrating. It is something you just gotta deal with. :( 

Edited by Brinie

3 minutes ago, LawlFakers said:

Yeah, as I said, I don't have the time to sit there waiting for an alert all day, I got things to do, places to be, I've a job .. If the alerts rewarding Nitain do occur, they do while I'm either at work. or when I'm in bed ..

Well apart from getting lucky with nitain alerts over time (you might occasionally find one on when you are once in a while) you can attempt to farm them from caches, but the drop chance is about 1-2%. 

7 minutes ago, Brinie said:

It'll take you weeks to get simple items and it is beyond frustrating. It is something you just gotta deal with. :( 

I shouldn't have to deal with it actually .. I shouldn't be forced to spend time I don't have on something this bloody frustrating

21 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Try farming the new machete stance. I have gotten 3 nitain from the many times I have run that mission.

What mission is this?