Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need An Alternative To Snowglobe. I Have A Few Ideas, How About You?

Lunaticked

Raptor 

This is my hugest issue right now. I hate Raptor. He is too punishing of an enemy. The counterplay is almost non-existant except for Frost's Globe, Link and maybe Absorb. That's it. I think Rhino would get his face knocked into the dirt even WITH Iron Skin maxed. You get hit once and you get downed. From almost anything. And then you die almost instantly on Nightmare mode, which is pretty agitating in and of itself. 

Speaking as someone who now spends 90% of his time playing Frost, I love the bubble... but it's a bit dull.

What I'd kinda love (though it would need to be balanced, or it'd be a "nerf", technically) is if Snowglobe didn't block ranged attacks... it merely slowed them to sub-Max Payne speeds.

Like, you put the bubble up on a Grineer def mission, and suddenly you see bullets sliding slowly through the storm, leaving an icy trail in their wake.

This would essentially turn Snowglobe from a lazy god-mode shield, to an opportunity to dodge projectiles that would normally be too fast, and also give you a clearer indication of where the bullets were coming from.

As part of balancing this, you could also add a sort of "refraction" to the effect, so that the course of incoming projectiles would be adjusted, drastically reducing their accuracy.

I mean, let's face it; at the moment, people just expect the Frost to sit on the Cryopod like an eggbound chicken, and the awesomeness of Snowglobe rather encourages lazy team behaviour.

I do believe snoball makes no sense. Even when it does make frost unique - it's mainly the only way - and it is brutally overpowered. If it was switched into a "DPS reduce" sphere, instead of an impenetrable wall, it would make much more sense. The fire and forget, and just spam powers with no harm coming to you, is just stupid.

I like the Ember firewall idea - but it's a DPS oriented warframe, don't think it would suit it's objective.

The ash smokescreen seems nice - not OP, short duration, main effect is other and the "secondary" effect seems like a nice buff.

The Nyx absorb also seems like a nice solution. But due to duration might be too energy consuming.

---

You could also make Loki's and Saryn's decoys last a minimun amount and scale with it's owner's HP and Shields, or just warframe level.

You could make Mag's shield polarize to give a "invulnerability" short bonus to the Cryopod.

Making Trinity's blessing apply to cryopods as well.

Snowball needs to be nerfed, and other defensive abilities buffed. :)

We need to change things so that Snowglobe isn't required.

FTFY.

Snowglobe isn't the problem. The lack of more than 1 Frame with Snowglobe ain't the problem.

REQUIRING SNOWGLOBE IN THE FIRST PLACE IS THE PROBLEM.

So, let's fix (Mobile)Defense and Raptor, rather than giving everybody more Snowglobe-like skills.

Edited by Xylia

FTFY.

Snowglobe isn't the problem. The lack of more than 1 Frame with Snowglobe ain't the problem.

REQUIRING SNOWGLOBE IN THE FIRST PLACE IS THE PROBLEM.

So, let's fix (Mobile)Defense and Raptor, rather than giving everybody more Snowglobe-like skills.

What's the fix other than buffing the pod/nerfing Raptor's damage?