Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update to my Ember Nerf post

(XBOX)D3L7A Z7R1K3

On 7/26/2017 at 8:12 AM, (Xbox One)D3L7A Z7R1K3 said:

Ok so how do you nerf Nova, Nyx, Oberon, Nekros and Frost and Volt. Don't just do the obvious ones and I'm sure the general community can see where I am coming from saying ember has gotten quite annoying

Nova was recently nerfed is memory serves where her Antimatter Drop no longer can store critical damage shots making impossible to use critical heavy weapons on it anymore to load up insane amounts of damage into it to nuke the world. Ages ago her Molecular Prime was nerfed too. Used to be instant. 

Nyx Assimilate Absorb was also nerfed. I believe allies shooting her Absorb now drains her energy. I do remember seeing threads about that a while back, coulda been a bug and fixed.

Nekros Shadows of the Damned was nerfed with his rework. Its a pain in the &#! to get 90% plus Damage Reduction with its augment now as it requires you kill only Hyekka/Drekka so their pets count towards your numbers.

Oberon's Renewal is both a buff and a nerf as now he is a massive energy skank if you so happened to be stuck in a party with a Nekros or Tenno using a bunch of crap companions when in range. I believe Nidus Maggots count too. If both of these were change, cool, but this was a thing last I knew. Havent noticed this personally last I used Oberon but hard to notice when I am healing 8 Defectors in an endurance Defector mission (my build isnt too efficient admittedly, have not changed it since before his re-work).

Frost has been nerfed, buffed, nerfed, and rebuffed so many times and its always the same ability; Snowglobe. Only ability DE seems to gun for in terms of nerfing in his kit. It used to not disappear when a Nullifer showed up. Frost had to end up inside the Nullifer bubble to make his Snow Globe go poof at a time. That was a flash mob with pitchforks right there when that got changed.

Volt is the only one I can't think of any nerfs associated with him out of your picks. Only one who got pure buffs and tweaks without losing anything or toning down his abilities. 

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:10 AM, ashrah said:

enmber op? maybe on mercury... she is one of weakest frame in game in late game she can only be viable as  medicore cc....

She's stronger that most people give her credit for. This assumes proper modding and a realistic appreciation for what she can actually do, but she's pretty capable up to moderately high levels.

She's not CC. This isn't why you play Ember. She's more area denial. Nothing functions in range of her augmented WoF. This is why you play her in intercepts. A constantly moving Ember can deny enemies the ability to cap nodes. She'll kill them, too, but more important is that when she's around, they can't do squat. She's also quick and can cover a map quickly and with little effort.

Throw in an good AoE weapon (you know which one) and Accelerant spam and she can farm intercepts like a boss and can easily go solo 4 rounds for best rewards, or as high as 12 if your team can actually walk and breathe at the same time.

Edited by Sloan441
forgot a critical 'e'