Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cosmetic/skins restrictions

Ancient_Maykr

To all Tenno, I salute you.

I apologize beforehand if this topic is in the wrong place. I got acquainted with the game 60 days ago and have been playing ever since. Fell in love with it.

I have a question to ask. Though I understand the concept of rotating Prime Vault as far as Prime Warframes are concerned, it seems illogical to have the same treatment apply to skins/cosmetics that have utterly no impact whatsoever to game play. A given example would be the Prime Liset skin.... which does not have any improvement over it's standard counterpart. No special abilities or support, nothing.

I want to have this skin and yet I cannot purchase it because.... reasons?. Look, even though this is a FTP game I've put my share of support to the devs in appreciation to the content, but some things don't make any sense.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I really love this game but why restrict cosmetic items to an unknown schedule when said items should be allowed to be purchased?

Please don't insert hateful comment "here comes the kid with mommy's credit card", I'm 34 years old so I pay for my own stuff.

I want to enjoy that ship without having to wait another year or who knows how long in order to get the accessories pack for some warframe that gets out of the vault.

I repeat, I'm talking only about accessories and skins that have no contribution to abilities, stats or other.

Thank you

Because artificial supply and demand works. We've tried to get DE to sell us just the cosmetics, but they know people will still buy the full packs just for them.

And honestly... because they can. No amount of work that people have put into the game gives them a "right" to them or anything. And if anything I'm much more ok with pretty much the most expensive exclusive thing they offer being cosmetics, having exclusive and powerful gear locked behind paywalls is how pay to win starts.

Edited by rapt0rman

Hm, this is quite a tough question to answer. A lot of those limited cosmetic you mentioned are limited for various reason which apply per case basis.

The most commonly seen (and one which you mentioned) is the Prime Access cosmetic. Those usually represent paid support to DE at the time, and DE release new cosmetic for each Prime Access to attract even long time players. If you feel like you're missing out on the previous Prime Access accessories, I would suggest to just wait and be a little patient. Some of those got re-released in Prime Vault pack when a Prime gets un-vaulted (like the Targis Prime Armor on Mag Prime pack).

There are some others like Jade or Prestige Skins which are platform exclusive. This one usually to celebrate or give thanks (I think) to those platform players.

There are also seasonal or celebration cosmetics, such as the Day of the Dead skins, various color palettes. Those are available each year, so you only need to wait.

Lastly there are events cosmetics. These ones are practically unattainable at this point, since it just some sign to say "you participated in this event". Honestly speaking those cosmetic are the only "bragging right reward" the "veterans" have left.

All in all, though, I advise not to get yourself to bothered with it. There are already plenty of cosmetics that are available all the time, and those quite satisfied FashionFrame for a very wide range of people.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:20 AM, Xhebraeel said:

To all Tenno, I salute you.

I apologize beforehand if this topic is in the wrong place. I got acquainted with the game 60 days ago and have been playing ever since. Fell in love with it.

I have a question to ask. Though I understand the concept of rotating Prime Vault as far as Prime Warframes are concerned, it seems illogical to have the same treatment apply to skins/cosmetics that have utterly no impact whatsoever to game play. A given example would be the Prime Liset skin.... which does not have any improvement over it's standard counterpart. No special abilities or support, nothing.

I want to have this skin and yet I cannot purchase it because.... reasons?. Look, even though this is a FTP game I've put my share of support to the devs in appreciation to the content, but some things don't make any sense.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I really love this game but why restrict cosmetic items to an unknown schedule when said items should be allowed to be purchased?

Please don't insert hateful comment "here comes the kid with mommy's credit card", I'm 34 years old so I pay for my own stuff.

I want to enjoy that ship without having to wait another year or who knows how long in order to get the accessories pack for some warframe that gets out of the vault.

I repeat, I'm talking only about accessories and skins that have no contribution to abilities, stats or other.

Thank you

Such a respectful post.  Thank you.  :D

Gamma745 gave probably the best answer that could be given.  Kudos to him for giving it.  I completely understand how you feel OP.  I had a very similar thing with Ember Prime months before she was unvaulted.  Fashion Frame dictated that I just had to have that frame.  At the time she was going for over 1200 p in Trade market.   I wasn't about to pay that when I could pay less real world money overall by just waiting on the Prime Vault.   I was rewarded for my patience with not only Ember Prime, but Pyra Prime Syandana, Sicarus Prime, and Glaive Prime.    

I will end this post with the great advice given below:

1 hour ago, Gamma745 said:

All in all, though, I advise not to get yourself to bothered with it. There are already plenty of cosmetics that are available all the time, and those quite satisfied FashionFrame for a very wide range of people.

Happy Hunting Tenno.