Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glass Frame [Discussion]

Glass Frame [Discussion]

I know like every frame we get a mix of love/hate in the community :community:

personally i like the design , but it is the potential of this frame i wanted to discuss 

i see it having the possibility of bringing a great artistic expression to the game, while also maybe an interesting take on defense types 

------------------------------------ 

Kit Basics

• we know the frames power kit revolves around glass, specifically molten glass ,
  •  per Rebbecca at tennocon the glass she makes is a lot more ..resilient than our current perception of glass , so its strong and resilient
  •   there is  info forging hammers  talks on sharp point things, reflection 
  •  she also comes with a weapon and armor set on her release 

------------------------------------

my personal thoughts 

Spoiler

Currently within warframe we have a good variety of offensive/support /healers/tanks 

what we dont have is a many full defensive type frames

yes we have cc, and armor types and tanks, but thats not specifically "defensive" as i mean, thats crowd control and dosnt prevent enemies outside the AOE zone from attacking 

for example frost snow globe can create  barrier sphere that can shield defensive zones/targets ,  

volts shield can create a small barrier also, but its utility is in damage amplification also and its limited in time 

atlas also can create a small barrier, but in truth its limited more so in the defensive tactic, more blocking a hall/doorway zone then a coverage defensive area  ... 

so my thought is if this frames kit brought in another avenue of defense barrier like frosts in a way , it could allow for more variety in defensive type play , even synergy with frost and other frames

in hand blown glass your given creativity and the ability to mold shape the glass  , so maybe unlike frost with a insta barrier she could possible blow, or build up a barrier of glass and leave the style design up to tenno creativity 

as blown glass can be very artistic and provide not just beauty in this case but reliable defense 

-also glass house jokes would be very easy to make- 

so whats your thoughts on her possibilities tenno? 

-----------------------------------

Frames Art

concept art:

Spoiler

KeithPower_NextWF_Devstream93.jpg

Current Design:

Spoiler

glasswarframetennocon.jpg

Examples of blown glass

Spoiler

3e0cdffff9b4fab61bebb4188246a4e3.jpgc12e735a83d8e30ef4f87ba8d2d2b822--colour1871481_web1_top_new040917_STORYGlassBlo24169_1_1200px.jpg7772b2_c75f89f4b8154aa2a880843c1acdca33~

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, LazerSkink said:

It's part of her bundle, not her abilities.

ah, i thought the way they said it in dev stream she made it, i know she has a bundle of weapons  including a shotgun , would have been interesting if she could make an ult weapon 

GlassShotgun.jpg?width=1164&height=655

56 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I like the design but I have one part of her what is a bit surprising me. The codpiece on her. Not sure if that is intented or she is a transgender frame. lel just kidding, don't take it serious. Just thinking about it because looks weird a bit on her. 

zephyrs dosnt bug you? 

latest?cb=20140117031944

48 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I know she will probably be a glass cannon.

lol xD 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ah, i thought the way they said it in dev stream she made it, i know she has a bundle of weapons  including a shotgun , would have been interesting if she could make an ult weapon 

GlassShotgun.jpg?width=1164&height=655

zephyrs dosnt bug you? 

latest?cb=20140117031944

lol xD 

Not really as this one too but in the zephyr design it is much more fitted than the glass frame design. 

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

dunno i honestly didnt notice it till people pointed it out, it dosnt eye catch  , nor does it seem off placed, maybe why? 

It is a marginal part and visible but I have no problem with it just not really know why there is it. The purpose not clear why they use that on her.

they do weird styles on all frames, and glass frame was done by rhinos artist im told ? 

I thought the same because when I checked the drawing then something reminds me they used the rhinos underpart. It was a bingo because that model clearly similar so I could call miss rhino? Btw that is not a silly idea because rhino is tanky and strong while the glass frame is "weak" and fragile.

Just now, Sziklamester said:

I thought the same because when I checked the drawing then something reminds me they used the rhinos underpart. It was a bingo because that model clearly similar so I could call miss rhino? Btw that is not a silly idea because rhino is tanky and strong while the glass frame is "weak" and fragile.

maybe they are siblings? 

frames were made for specific operators originally right? 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

maybe they are siblings? 

frames were made for specific operators originally right? 

Maybe they are but just like how we have nyx "female" excall so it is not an alien thing from DE to reuse used parts. Zanuka 2.0

they do weird styles on all frames, and glass frame was done by rhinos artist im told ? 

Yeah, I was going to point out at some point she looks a lot like Rhino, but that artist sure loves his crotch buldges lol.

1 hour ago, Sziklamester said:

Maybe they are but just like how we have nyx "female" excall so it is not an alien thing from DE to reuse used parts. Zanuka 2.0

ya de has reused stuff before  zephyr/volt  model similarities for example. 

makes me wonder if there is lore cannon though 

58 minutes ago, Haynox said:

Yeah, I was going to point out at some point she looks a lot like Rhino, but that artist sure loves his crotch buldges lol.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Your idea of blown glass shields or barriers would be very pretty, but we really don't need another static defense or area of control frame.  Think how many recent new frames and reworks have a best ability or ultimate that locks the control or even the warframe down in one spot.  That niche is already pretty crowded.  If Glass frame isn't extremely powerful, players will just level her and then go back to Frost or Limbo.