Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does this happen to other people?

(PSN)BlackjackFE

Woah, wait, wut?
When did this become a thing? o-o

1 hour ago, V45H said:

him showing up could be tied to moral standing

That's the only thing I can come up with, because I never heard any "Hey kiddo" lines before, or weird marketplace / in mission portraits dialogs, etc.

I'm a bit spoop'd now but now I'm kinda bummed none of this ever happened to me and that I didn't know about any of this until just now lol.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Yeah, I've had that a few times. I got it after completing the quest (Even though I never found myself), and then again a few days later. It was a little creepy, but I learned to go with it. 

By the way, if you replay the quest, The Man In The Wall is guaranteed to spawn again. I have replayed it to make sure.

Don't be surprised if they show up in different places. My first time (The quest), I will assume they were next to my ramp going into the bottom. That's just when they said it. My second, they were sitting on my market. When I replayed the quest, market again. But then they showed up in an entirely different and more creepy place.

I got on and talked to a friend over Steam for a bit. I don't mention the story much to them since they haven't even achieved Natah. But as I walked around, claimed things from the Foundry, did some modding, and took care of my Kubrow, something caught my eye. I'd been working for a good 5 minutes before noticing my little friend. They were hiding to the right of the Arsenal and watching me the whole time. I got an idea that did nothing. I'd bought the Donda for decorative purposes, but I had the thought of taking it to this doppelganger. Nothing happened. I know after some research and experimenting that they will only say "Hey Kiddo" if you get close to them. I have yet to know whether or not it's only in Operator form or not, but I think that's the case. 

Another helpful piece of info, don't get freaked out when they disappear. As soon as they come off your screen when playing as the Operator, they will disappear. 

I haven't noticed the difference in my "portrait" while in missions. I'll look into that.

So I think this is a glitch, but if it's not, then I guess I found it in my portrait.

So originally when I heard that you portrait would change, I thought it meant your eyes would change the creepy gold/orange color. (Maybe this is what you guys meant?) But I've noticed something to the right of my Operator. It's a strange, silhouette sort of version of my Operator. When I look closely, it really just looks like a clone of my hair only. So if that's the case, this wouldn't be the first time I've had a glitch like this...

I was doing a mission in the Void. I switched to the Operator for the fun of it. I finished walloping the corrupted and angled the camera to look at my glorious self. I nearly screamed. My head was translucent. I could see my skin and everything, but there was a strange layover on my face. After closer examination, I realized this was me seeing through the overlay of my avatar and seeing its hair on the back of the head. 

So maybe a glitch similar to this is what I saw here. I hope DE fixes it if it is indeed a glitch. But if its not, then I'm pretty sure The Man In The Wall is staring at me. It looks like his nose is sticking off of the silhouette and facing my Operator.

"Hey kiddo..."

"AGH!!!"

*Void Beams in face*