The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for a Molecular Prime/Speed Nova augment

Jabarto

For anyone not aware, a speed Nova is one that uses an Overextended mod to reduce their power strength to 40%; this is because negative power strength on Molecular Prime will cause enemies to move faster, not slower. This has a niche use of slightly speeding up defense missions because enemies need less time to reach the objective. However, there are a few problems with it; Overextended is a fairly rare mod, Nova can't get much of anything out of the power range it offers, and the penalty to power strength severely lowers Nova's damage output (which is especially bad since the enemies are already more dangerous due to the increased speed).

So, my idea is a simple one; make an augment for Molecular Prime that increases enemy speed, (positively) correlated with power strength. There are some details to be sorted out, like what the cap should be, if it should affect attack speed as well as movement speed, etc. but I think this would improve the concept of a speed Nova by not penalizing damage so heavily and using a more easily attainable mod.

Or maybe I'm way off the mark. Either way, tell me what you think.

11 minutes ago, Naftal said:

I don't think this is needed.

If you want some use for range, build for AMD augment and max range. That goes really well with speed nova build.

I mean I wouldn't mind at all if speed Nova didn't even exist. This is just a simple way of making the concept less self-hamstringing and less obtuse, it isn't needed but it also isn't taking anything away from the game.

I do love that augment but it really isn't enough to offset the drawbacks, especially since it doesn't work on Infested, aka the prime target for a speed Nova in the first place.

Just now, Jabarto said:

I mean I wouldn't mind at all if speed Nova didn't even exist. This is just a simple way of making the concept less self-hamstringing and less obtuse, it isn't needed but it also isn't taking anything away from the game.

I do love that augment but it really isn't enough to offset the drawbacks, especially since it doesn't work on Infested, aka the prime target for a speed Nova in the first place.

It makes speed nova work nicely against ranged enemies too.

Overextended decreases strength so you can have a fast nova build yes. Range affects M Prime' explosion radius.  Is someone want's specific build you just need the specific mods.  having an augment like that  on slow builds would make enemies faster yes but would actually buff the ability way too much since your strength would not be negative.  you'd have fast enemies coming and exploding way faster leading you with the most damage dealt in any scenario possible.