Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Rework

(PSN)mahoshonenfox

I've been playing Titania recently and I think she's one of the less meta but more fun frames. I think some of her abilities need rework so here's some of my suggestions.

1) Spellbind - Hardly any changes but it would be nice if it casts faster and is one handed. In most cases, I use this as a panic button for Titania. I spam it with max range and efficiency. Its ok but even with Natural Talent, sometimes its too slow to save you. I believe it was meant as a preemptive ability, not a defensive one but its CC so why can't it be defensive?

2) Tribute - Instead of a single target, its now a wave. It'll punch through multiple enemies so you can get multiple buffs with using as little energy as possible. It also has synergy with Spellbind. If you hit Spellbound enemies with tribute, in addition to its original effects, enemies will be violently dropped to the ground. They receive extra damage when they hit the ground equal to 500 impact x the the number of meters that they dropped from.

Tribute now also has new buffs that I think are a bit more practical.

- Health Up - Players regain 25% of their max health. If their health is maxed, they gain 25% bonus health. By getting 4 of these, It caps at 100% bonus health. This buff stays indefinitely until its depleted by normal means.

- Shield Up - Players regain 100% of their max shield. If their shield is maxed, they gain 25% bonus shield. By getting 4 of these, It caps at 100% bonus shield. This buff stays indefinitely until its depleted by normal means.

- Energy Up - Players regain 25% of their max energy. If their energy is maxed, they gain 25% bonus energy. By getting 4 of these, It caps at 100% bonus energy. This buff stays indefinitely until its depleted by normal means.

- Power Up - Players gain 25% bonus power strength for the next ability cast. Kind of like energy conversion but it stacks 4 times. By getting 4 of these, a player can have 100% bonus power strength for their next ability. Also lasts indefinitely until a power is cast.

3) Lantern - Instead of turning an enemy into a Lantern, Titania no longer needs to target anything. She spawns a glowing beacon that floats around as the Lantern. It drifts in the air with moderate speed bu its pathing is designed to seek out Titania's location. It will follow her around while sweeping up enemies to mesmerize. This makes it easier to control and not drift away. Additionally, Spellbound enemies will gravitate towards the Lantern.

4) Razorwing - Lots of reworks. In Razorwing mode, Titania now has a natural 5m radius vacuum to suck up items while she flies around. This means even if her companion is a kavat or kubrow, she will still have vacuum no matter what. Its affected by range mods too.

- Her 50% evasion mechanic is removed. Instead, Razorwing now has a 7.5m AoE around it. If an enemy is OUTSIDE of this 7.5m AoE, that enemy cannot target or see Titania. The enemy must be in that AoE to engage Titania. Otherwise, she might as well be cloaked. Range mods reduces this AoE.

-Razorfly drones are now generated dynamically and is no longer fixed at 6. For each enemy within 10m of Razorwing, a Razorfly drone is generated to attack each enemy. When that drone is killed, a new one is automatically spawned to replace it. This makes it so that Titania no longer needs to go in and out of Razorwing to respawn drones anymore. The 10m attack range of the drones is affected by range mods.

Eh, not that these suggestions are "bad" or anything, I just don't think they're really necessary.  Titania is a pretty solid frame and her kit is solid as well.  There are plenty of frames and weapons and systems that need love LONG before she ever will.

9 hours ago, InsanityKey said:

Eh, not that these suggestions are "bad" or anything, I just don't think they're really necessary.  Titania is a pretty solid frame and her kit is solid as well.  There are plenty of frames and weapons and systems that need love LONG before she ever will.

Yeah. Just throwing ideas for frames that are underused. Titania's pretty good in wide open spaces. She's virtually immortal to the infested if you float high enough above them and shoot them like fish in a barrel. She won't run out of ammo and they can never retaliate. But when it comes to confined spaces, which is most of the tilesets in the game, its really hard to use her.

You have some intresting ideas for tribute.

But as a more interim step to such a drastic rework. I'd appreciate it if a single buff pickup of each type gave the full effect for the current duration. Every so often an enemy will get stuck somewhere and all my hard earned aura's will go poof without me being able to do anything. I really do like the auras and their effects, they are much more substantial then most people seem to realize. Dust and Thorns in particular.

I wouldn't honestly feel the need for it to be an AoE ability if I could just keep the blasted things at full strength, where they actually shine.

The lantern rework sounds reasonable, I basically don't use it because of how I've set things up to focus on Razorwing but this would be a QoL change.

I think razorwing is in a pretty good spot, save for the razorflies. That being dynamically replacing (with the current number cap in place) would be all I'd want this to change. The evasion and tiny hit box in Razorwing, especially combined with maxed Dust provides plenty of defense in my experience.

1 handed spellbind would be nice, I admit, but I'm mostly happy with it as is. My setup sacrifices range in favor of duration so mostly I use it to tag people and negate/prevent status procs on them (and myself) but a solid CC build around using that with efficiency and range ought to be a viable option.

12 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Yeah. Just throwing ideas for frames that are underused. Titania's pretty good in wide open spaces. She's virtually immortal to the infested if you float high enough above them and shoot them like fish in a barrel. She won't run out of ammo and they can never retaliate. But when it comes to confined spaces, which is most of the tilesets in the game, its really hard to use her.

I disagree, I think it's more about using a primary that you don't mind having a mod setup that compliments her exalted weapon.  I personally use the Dread with Titania since then I use a lot of fire rate/crit mods which makes Titania tear through pretty much everything really fast.

10 hours ago, Lluminate said:

Uhm.

Not a fan of this, no. This would make her functionally invincible when modded.

Titania is untouchable in razor wing if she's at least 50 to 60 m away from an enemy. You can shoot them but they can't shoot you. The problem is you can't do this with all tile sets because most of them are in doors or in tight rooms/corridors. Her survivability depends on her Lantern in those situations but its not as dependable as Octavia's Resonator because it tends to float away very fast. The stages are designed most of the time to act against Titania's gameplay.