Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic drop rates

Mizque

So, today I was doing some Radiant Relic share runs right, to try and get the one part I need to finish something.  Every one has the same relic equiped, and every one has them upgraded to radiant, and then this happens.....

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

In litterally back to back missions...I thought the point of switching from keys to relics was to give people more options, this isn't more options, at all.

Why is this a thing that can happen, seriously, if two relics of the same 'quality' and type are equiped, they should roll off the same table, meaning, you'd only get drop x once, and the other relic would drop something else, however I see doubling up from a given relic like, ALL the time, why is that a thing when the point of going from keys to relics was to help people increase the odds of getting what they want

Edited by Mizque
Fixed the immages

RNG is just a fickle thing. Once every while, someone, somewhere, got the most improbable bad luck. It may seem, today, that person is you. Sorry to say it, and my sympathy for your luck, but just try to move on and hope you get better luck next time.

Yes, but the entire point of the change from relics to keys was to give more options but that isn't exactly more options, now is it, especially when considering the grind to get void traces to make radiants, and getting some of the relics (particularly AXI relics)

31 minutes ago, Mizque said:

Yes, but the entire point of the change from relics to keys was to give more options but that isn't exactly more options, now is it, especially when considering the grind to get void traces to make radiants, and getting some of the relics (particularly AXI relics)

The option was mission variant, where one item is no longer locked to one mission in one tileset.

Void traces are only there to help, as something extra. Please don't treat it as the mandatory thing to do. You can still run Intact relics if you think the traces are too much of a hassle.

Getting Axi relics is kind of a pain, sure, when it only dropped on Rotation B and C of endless missions. But honestly speaking, getting Tower IV keys was even more of a pain since it only dropped from Rotation C of Interception.

Also, I'm advising to just move on and hope for the best next time. You just got an instance of bad luck. That doesn't necessarily mean the system is bad. 

Edited by Gamma745

When it happens consistantly of people running the same rellics and getting steamin' piles of duplicated kubrow crap like that, it is a bad system.  It should do a check to see if item x droped to another player, and if so, reroll that item into something that hasn't currently been dropped.  Cause seriously, no one likes to drop 2-3 forma bp in a mission, or, in this case, do 2 missions, back to back, with radiant relics (that have higher odds of uncommon drops compared to common) and dropping 3 identicle commons and one other common, back to back between missions.  

4 minutes ago, Condeangel said:

Well. At least you had 2 options . Not the first time that I have to choose between 4 formas :sadcry:.

Exactly my point.  It's 10 levels of the dumb!

18 minutes ago, Mizque said:

It should do a check to see if item x droped to another player, and if so, reroll that item into something that hasn't currently been dropped.

If that were the case, then every 4-man rad share would have a guaranteed uncommon/rare drop and that rate is too good. Relics were never intended to give better drop rates, just more mission diversity. You already get 4 shots at a part in a full rad share, but of course there is a chance that all relics will roll the same thing, although that doesn't happen all the time. Better luck next time.

Your chances of getting four common drops from radiant relics, and then getting those exact same four drops in the same order on the next run, are about 1 in 20,000.

0.5^4 x 0.17^4 = 0.0052% = 1/19157

Those odds aren't out of the question considering the size of the player base and how many radiant relic shares are run on a daily basis.  It's bound to happen to somebody, and that somebody is you.  It only cost you two runs; laugh about it and move on.