The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pcgamer Article. [U10 ,pvp, End Of Beta Info]

Kroul

Are the hacks ruining the game? Running rampant? People complaining about them?

And you didn't even read what I said about separating, did you? They don't have to redesign anything. At all. Ever. And in regards to weapon damage, same deal as mode-specific mods, simply add separate sets of numbers for Player to Player damage. Which is fairly simple to do, apparently.

lol i give up. You don't seem to understand what im saying.

Are the hacks ruining the game? Running rampant? People complaining about them?

And you didn't even read what I said about separating, did you? They don't have to redesign anything. At all. Ever. And in regards to weapon damage, same deal as mode-specific mods, simply add separate sets of numbers for Player to Player damage. Which is fairly simple to do, apparently.

Uh, yeah, they are. People are being banned over false positives, from a hacking running their cheatengine or whatever in a public game, running a disk defrag/Anti-Virus, all a result of DE's anti-cheat system handing out the autoban hammer and the sites will even advertise the hacks being undetectable. My guess is that they create dummy accounts to see if the hack gets detected or not, and if it doesn't get detected, they release it on their forums.

Steve talked about the hacking forums in a live stream before, brought up some posts. It was pretty funny.

I don't think DE's program having false positives = "hacks running rampant".

Is there a block function on these forums? I'd like to start filtering out people who have their heads in the sand all day every day.

Pvp is a nice thought but if they wanted to implement it, they should of done it at the start. Balancing would be a nightmare, they can hardly balance out the frames for pve

How many times does it have to be said. There are many different kinds of Player versus Player out there. PvP does not have to mean Arena PvP. While Arena PvP is the most common and often easiest from of PvP in a Shooter game, you can set Player against Player in other ways. The sides don't even have to be symmetrical in operation.

Asymmetrical card game example

Edited by Brasten

It's fine, as long as both side are their separate own entity and PvE get much needed development without being gimped because money got drained into PvP.

The fanbase change, however, is going to be awful.

With the release to the PS4, the game is growing and expanding to a larger audience, which means more money that can go into PvE and even PvP if they so choose.

If more PvP is added to the game, it can have more potential to cater to more than one audience, which means more players and more money, which is more money for PvE.

You've been here since Closed Beta, haven't you? You've seen how the community has changed already.... /sigh

Back then, I remember people wanting PvP and no one hating anyone for it... I even made my own thread and no one yelled at me...

Edited by FatalX7

With the release to the PS4, the game is growing and expanding to a larger audience, which means more money that can go into PvE and even PvP if they so choose.

If more PvP is added to the game, it can have more potential to cater to more than one audience, which means more players and more money, which is more money for PvE.

You've been here since Closed Beta, haven't you? You've seen how the community has changed already.... /sigh

Back then, I remember people wanting PvP and no one hating anyone for it... I even made my own thread and no one yelled at me...

You are just like me. We are two Warframe Vets. 

The dropping of the beta tag will likely coincide with a major update in the autumn.

Just like MW:O. (Unless PGI really suck at meeting deadlines)

2 F2P games dropping their Beta tags with a major update in the same time period. Coincidence, or more?

WarFrame as an esport? lol With the way DE balances things, good luck with that. Release a shotgun, change it 100 times based on posts from average gamers. I cringe at the idea of seeing how they would go about balancing frames for pvp. This game feels terrible in PvP as it stands (which its not designed for, so no big deal), it would need a major overhaul. Hopefully they stick to their original vision, just keep this as a Mass Effect 3 style co-op game please. 

Edited by Jasonjlx

I suppose we remember things differently.

Very different indeed. I checked the FAQ when I joined the forum in January and Steve already posted his "no. not now. probably never" in the FAQ and I accepted that.

Then Lotus issued an order to exterminate all PvP topic, except one in the off-topic section.