Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super high level corpus hacks

(PSN)dst123daniel

I know many experienced players who all find hacks to be trivial and tedious. After a certain level, they are all the same, and once you are competent, grineer is just muscle memory and corpus hacks are easily solved by just lining up the plates with 3 lines on the outside

So what if there were super hard hack puzzles for those high level hacks?

I was thinking of a dodecahedron, with each of its 12 faces being like the corpus hack plates as they are now (but Pentagon's instead of hexagons)

The player would have to rotate the dodecahedron in order to link the lines of each of the Pentagons making up the dodecahedron. 

Obviously more time might be necessary ;)

Edited by (PS4)dst123daniel
Missed info

That seems needlessly complex. Especially with ciphers being a thing that we can use, I feel that there's no need for something like that. 

Also, from a ui perspective, the hacking takes place on a screen, not a hologram or other 3D display. 

4 hours ago, Imaru said:

That seems needlessly complex. Especially with ciphers being a thing that we can use, I feel that there's no need for something like that. 

Also, from a ui perspective, the hacking takes place on a screen, not a hologram or other 3D display. 

I am thinking for things like sortie 3, nightmare mode where ciphers can't be used, and levels that scale, so maybe once you get the enemy level to 100+ you have to deal with this type of hack. Maybe once you get to level 150+ on a normal scaling mission, the ciphers could be disabled.

As for the UI interface, I am not quite sure what you mean.

The game has 3 dimensions, even if we only view it on 2d screens.

Everything is modelled in 3d.

If you are talking about current representation of the hack plate, then that's what I am talking about changing.

When you click on the console to hack, it would bring up a dodecahedron, which we could rotate just like we do with things in the arsenal.

It would still be a 2 dimensional view of a 3 dimensional model, same as the whole game is now (unless you got a 3d TV with a good upscale function I guess)

Edited by (PS4)dst123daniel
Correction