Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attach Weapon Configurations to Factions

(XBOX)a SilentSaiyan

A feature where you can attach configurations, on weapons, to factions (Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Orokin). Say you make a good build on a weapon, but seperate it in three different configurations. Each is meant to do more damage for one faction. How it works is whatever mission you choose, whatever faction that mission is, attaches the weapons configuration you chose to that mission. Only whatever you have equipped at the moment. It's a start...

if you are talking about having Boltor (for example) do more damage to corpus in corpus mission, etc. you can already do such thing in the upgrades but it wont change by the mission cuz then it just makes everything simple and the game isnt exactly for you to be lazy.. running infested killer to corpus on accident? enjoy the mission..

It's an interesting idea, but sometimes you want a different build depending on the frame you're using.
For example if I use my dual toxocyst with mesa, I'll replace my riven with Prime Heated Charge and the Quickdraw for Gunslinger.
Which would mean that I'd have to make a new build every time I use Mesa.

Long story short, the current system allows for using different loadouts, so I can simply put mesa on one with DT build for her on config C, and save it as a special loadout.
Your proposal would swap that out for a faction based system, where I probably will use the same build for infested and grineer anyways (due to how effective corrosive damage is on infested). Unless you can find a way to merge it in the existing system, I'm not really a fan.

Just now, dadich said:

if you are talking about having Boltor (for example) do more damage to corpus in corpus mission, etc. you can already do such thing in the upgrades but it wont change by the mission cuz then it just makes everything simple and the game isnt exactly for you to be lazy.. running infested killer to corpus on accident? enjoy the mission..

I think he means having the configurations A, B & C exchanged in favor of a system: config Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Corrupted. And depending on which enemies you'll face, warframe selects the right configuration. Another issue with this however is the missions where you find both corpus and grineer...

Just now, -CM-Darkvamper said:

I think he means having the configurations A, B & C exchanged in favor of a system: config Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Corrupted. And depending on which enemies you'll face, warframe selects the right configuration. Another issue with this however is the missions where you find both corpus and grineer...

then its basically just not fun.. i prefer the long way of going in the arsenal and changing instead of warframe doing their work for me.. its just like being lazy..

1 hour ago, -CM-Darkvamper said:

Are you referring to the invasions?

35 minutes ago, -CM-Darkvamper said:

No, I'm referring to Lua missions where you have to fight both factions at the same time every now and then. I think this is also the case on another planet, but not sure which one.

Then the options won't only be Grineer, Corpus, Infested, and Orokin. There can be also be crossfire and lua as seperate options aswell. What do you think CM?

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)JEBEE13524 said:

Then the options won't only be Grineer, Corpus, Infested, and Orokin. There can be also be crossfire and lua as seperate options aswell. What do you think CM?

My original point remains, what if you want different builds depending on what other equipment you combo it with.
Since mesa can't use rivens, but I have an excellent riven for Dual Toxocyst, and I like the weapons just as sidearms as well.
That would still require rebuilding all the time.

2 hours ago, -CM-Darkvamper said:

My original point remains, what if you want different builds depending on what other equipment you combo it with.
Since mesa can't use rivens, but I have an excellent riven for Dual Toxocyst, and I like the weapons just as sidearms as well.
That would still require rebuilding all the time.

That is true, and we only do have three different configurations. Hmm...