Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BIG Tileset Super-Missions

el_chanis

This is something ive been thinking for quite some time. We need premade BIG maps that give us the chance to make a combination of objectives in a single mission. For example, i would love to go into an spy mission, then into an assasination, with some sort of buffed mini boss, or a group of them (like high level eximus bursas, just an example), and then an archwing for sabotage (im thinking in the final mission of the archwing quest, or the jordas precept, something like that), rescuing operatives set for execution, so if we are discovered he dies inmediately (unlike high alert rescue missions), or some sort of archwing hijack, etc.

This should be a type of end-game missions that involve many different skills to succed, without forcing us into groups, like raids, wich also force us into completely different style of play than the rest of the game. Besides stealth is never an option in Raids, while here might be (and should be) required. It could even introduce some sort of objectives like riven challengs (killing x number of enemies without detection nor triggerin the alarm). 

The missions should be aviable in single mode, and the reward scaled acording to the number of objective completed (might be relics/forma bp), and to the time it took (the longer, the lesser, making groups more appealing)

I would appreciate any idea or sugestions you might have to add for this.

Edit: new idea. "The completion of this mission can even advance further the fomorian/razorback progress bar, so new players can focus on invasions, while veteran players can play this without feeling absurdly redundant if they want to accelerate those events."

Edited by el_chanis

42 minutes ago, Somb3rBivalve said:

If you want big maps, wouldn't that be Plains of Eidolon? Also, how will this concept differ from whatever DE could implement in other, future open world areas?

And if you want "mini-bosses" then wouldn't that be the Eidolons themselves?

The plains are whole new concept with completely new mechanics attached. My sugestion gravitates towards already existing elements in the game, wich are simply disperse. I want them to be more integrated, with a bit more inmersion, not necesarily new/expanded lore (wich the plains will have for sure). Besides, the plains are supposed to have some kind of progression, so new players can get there too, while not exactly able to fully explore it. I want this to be difficult from the start. And im not thinking in any new enemies, just take what we already have and give them an "event-like" treatment. An example, the "super-maniacs" that tyl regor uses in his boss fight... they never appear again, like ever. Thats a HUGE wasted potential that can be used in the kind of mission im proposing.

The completion of this mission can even advance further the fomorian/razorback progress bar, so new players can focus on invasions, while veteran players can play this without feeling absurdly redundant if they want to accelerate those events.

Edit: By "BIG Tileset" i mean Tilesets that actualy reflects the size of an Obelisk Class Corpus Ship, or an entire Grineer compound with their respective prisions, nuclear reactors, central servers, etc. The plains are geografical zone, far bigger than what i have in mind. A regular tileset that triples its size will do, the plains are like 10 times that...

Edited by el_chanis

We don't have large, open maps. The only thing we will have is what is coming with Plains of Eidolon. Drekar Manics are slightly more annoying than regular manics. Not even remotely tough since being nerfed back when manics were introduced. None of the existing enemies have any real inherent difficulty.

You are asking for quite a bit here, this isn't something they've intentionally kept from the players. It's quite a bit of work to do more than the tiles we have and new ones of similar size in slightly branching configurations. What you won't see either is loops.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

We don't have large, open maps. The only thing we will have is what is coming with Plains of Eidolon. Drekar Manics are slightly more annoying than regular manics. Not even remotely tough since being nerfed back when manics were introduced. None of the existing enemies have any real inherent difficulty.

You are asking for quite a bit here, this isn't something they've intentionally kept from the players. It's quite a bit of work to do more than the tiles we have and new ones of similar size in slightly branching configurations. What you won't see either is loops.

they done it for raids and sorties. and there are much more complex mechanics there than what im asking for (specialy in the jordas veredict), so i don't see the point of the objection. 

3 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

We already have this in the form of the Kuva Assault Mission. It's not quite on the scale that you are asking for, but it is there. 

Thats one of the things that gave me the idea. I LOVE that mission, and i wish an end-game version of it that actually gives meaningfull rewards in a cohesive way that avoid meaningless time-sink missions (aka def, supp and excavation). Such a beautyfull concept (and quite good execution too) that can be expanded a bit. 

they could simply use sortie missions tables, make the enemies allways lvl 100, with the 3 sortie modifiers of the day  That would be a hell of a challenge, with tons of adrenaline, where we players are actually forced to excersice everything we got to make it in time without screwing it. Imagine that you have to spy while also keep up with the oxygen, or a mobile defense while other player is "distracting" a boss. Even without a super loot table, the fun factor will skyrocket.