Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime weapon skins

Desperado14

I can't speak for the rest of the community when I say this, but I would really like to see prime weapons have the ability to use vanilla weapon skins.  I know the gold -flashy thing is the reason you get prime warframe for the most part... but not prime weapons, as a prime weapon usually get rather large buffs over their vanilla counterparts, yet this option is available for warframes, but not weapons.  I for one, like the updated braton, bo, and paris appearances, but I don't get to enjoy them like newer players do unless I spend plat or steam wallet on an alternate skin.  

Do others feel the same? 

6 minutes ago, Desperado14 said:

I can't speak for the rest of the community when I say this, but I would really like to see prime weapons have the ability to use vanilla weapon skins.  I know the gold -flashy thing is the reason you get prime warframe for the most part... but not prime weapons, as a prime weapon usually get rather large buffs over their vanilla counterparts, yet this option is available for warframes, but not weapons.  I for one, like the updated braton, bo, and paris appearances, but I don't get to enjoy them like newer players do unless I spend plat or steam wallet on an alternate skin.  

Do others feel the same? 

I wouldn't do it, but as long as it's regular skins on prime weapons and not the other way around, ehhhh.

I'd want that.

Like Burston Prime for example. The prime version model is outdated on that gun, but I really want to use the vanilla weapon skin. Well, technically you can if you got the Solstice Burston skin, but it's got a glitched reload where the magazine of the gun sticks behind it not under it like it has on the regular Burston.

57 minutes ago, Desperado14 said:

[Non-Prime weapon skins for Prime weapons]

Who here remembers when DE successfully introduced the non-Prime skins for Prime Warframes?

This person is asking for the same treatment for all the Prime weapons that have non-Prime variants.

Given that, I wonder when there'll ever be a Prime-only Prime-frame, considering the Dakra, Reaper, Euphona have no non-Prime versions.

As for the Burston Prime, it needs to use the Tiberon reload animation, have a new ammo-stock model, and its' body needs a complete update.

The main problems with the Burston Prime as of now are:
1: The firing grip is not aligned to the Warframe's hand, or vice-versa.
2: The back of the weapon has an odd black plane on it which deserves to be replaced with a visible clip.
3: Reload animations should be modified Tiberon reload animations.

Other Prime weapons merely need a bit of smoothing; Latron Prime could do with a more fluid, sleek barrel, at least.