The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova....kinda Ugly? >.>

KamaNightfire

Female warframes has taken a dive since the "original" female warframes. I don't think that a two month pregnant 50 year old woman (with clothes from the 80s) fits into the Tenno ranks. I mean... super soldiers, right?

In contrast the Nyx and Mag look like female super soldiers ought to look like without going overboard on the muscular and athletic side.

It's a shame that the design council are ruining the game by voting for the worst possible models out of some confused loyalty to the feminist ideals rather than the lore of the game, but oh well, maybe the problem will be solved when they introduce sex changes.

It's a shame that the design council are ruining the game by voting for the worst possible models out of some confused loyalty to the feminist ideals rather than the lore of the game, but oh well, maybe the problem will be solved when they introduce sex changes.

Don't be silly, nobody in design council actually "design" anything for DE. They throw us options, we vote, design of the Nova was not one of them.

Edit: actually no, quite a few people did "redesign" Nova in attempt to fix her, but they were ultimately ignored. Which I find relieving as I happen to like how Nova looks aside from the pregnancy huskiness and the weird neck and retracted head. Concept art is all we had though and it didn't look near as awkward it looks ingame, at least not to me personally.

Edited by CapricaSix

From what I remember, the Design Council didn't vote on the model. The design Council made suggestions for the frames concept, then voted on the most popular suggested concepts, abilities, and finally the names, of which all the options to vote on were chosen as options to vote on by Digital Extremes.

Also sex changes aren't going to happen. Nova will always be female. You might get a male variant in the future, but it won't be Nova.

Edited by Lifeshield

I kindly request OP to just go die in a corner.

Nova's model is very nice. And yes, we DO need a change from "generic super-soldiers" look which are Nyx and Mag (and Trinity, by the way). Ember, Saryn, and Banshee all have their very distinctive visual "flavor", and now Nova have one too.

Edited by JustDont

Only if you join me...rude prick, at least i'd take one &#! with me.

I gave my opinion on this frame, giving both things i liked and did not like, there was NO NEED to add in such a selfish and immature comment.

Edited by Cute

I gave my opinion on this frame, giving both things i liked and did not like, there was NO NEED to add in such a selfish and immature comment.

"Tastes differ".

You've raised a topic purely on a matter of taste. There's hardly any point in discussing this logically, it's better to just go straight to insults. Saves time.

Female warframes has taken a dive since the "original" female warframes. I don't think that a two month pregnant 50 year old woman (with clothes from the 80s) fits into the Tenno ranks. I mean... super soldiers, right?

In contrast the Nyx and Mag look like female super soldiers ought to look like without going overboard on the muscular and athletic side.

Totally disagree. Each warframe's looks coincide with their abilities, inherent personalities, and even their health/shields. Saryn is perfect for this example. She's somewhat voluptuous with obvious muscle under that frame. That = tankiness, which = higher than average armor and hp. The "infested"/"poisonous flower" style of her armor obviously coincides with her abilities.

Nova was probably excrutiatingly hard to model, because Antimatter is..well, antimatter. There's not much, or really anything, they could pull from. So instead, they probably went for Energy/Mystery in her model. She looks....different. Odd, weird. She doesn't seem "right" when it comes to being compared to the other frames. This works for her, because she's an anomaly just like antimatter is.

Her slightly higher hp and lowered shields coincides with her frame no doubt being less susceptible to "matter" or gunfire. To balance this - slightly lowered shields. Lower armor fits simply because she's more of a caster frame. Gotta have that balance.

"Tastes differ".

You've raised a topic purely on a matter of taste. There's hardly any point in discussing this logically, it's better to just go straight to insults. Saves time.

Eh, tastes may differ, but there was no real need to attack someone for it. You could've just said "No, I think she looks good because-" or perhaps even simply....NOT post. Would've saved everyone, including you, time and energy.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Eh, tastes may differ, but there was no real need to attack someone for it. You could've just said "No, I think she looks good because-" or perhaps even simply....NOT post. Would've saved everyone, including you, time and energy.

But of course you should know that IF I wanted to save my time and/or energy -- I wouldn't post.

PS: To stay on topic. Indeed, 'frames become better when they actively started to model each one after a certain "theme". First frames are quite generic in looks, their theme is mostly expressed only by their helmet. However, later, they picked the pace, and new frames are very high quality. So yeah, I can get somewhat upset when someone states that frames should look like Mag or Nyx, as it's basically reads as "let's go back to themeless frames!".

Nova's model is very nice. And yes, we DO need a change from "generic super-soldiers" look which are Nyx and Mag (and Trinity, by the way). Ember, Saryn, and Banshee all have their very distinctive visual "flavor", and now Nova have one too.

Your a d@#%. This is the Warframe feedback forum and op is giving his opinion on a Warframe. If you dont like it, oh well. No need to be an a hole about it. The bottom line is it's his opinion not yours and he can say what he wants about her. That's one of the main purposes of a games forums. For players to give their feedback which includes aesthetics. I personally agree 100% with the op. Shes fugly. Doesn't really strike me as a Warframe at all. Sure there supposed to be unique, but to me she looks cartoonish and anime like which is not what I have come to expect out of this game. That doesn't mean I will never play with her or want her removed or changed, it's just my opinion and I am here to express it. Don't like it, then don't watch the forums. 

PS. In no way am I trying to be disrespectful to DE. I love this game and appreciate all you do.  Thanks for the constant attention to it.

The only thing that bugs me about her, is that if you look at her directly from the front, she looks a bit pregnant, like, just barely, her stomach has that small little hump, so you can tell she was a skinny girl, and has just recently started showing the start of her pregnancy.

signed is it just me?....yeah, it's just me.

Zylo the Wolfbane

@JBoat

And I 100% disagree. That's the thing with aesthetics, It's all personal taste. I'm fine with alternate skins in the future, but don't change the current Nova skin.

I get that you guys don't like her and that's fine (I don't think anyone should die in the corner) but you have to get that just as many people really like the design.

Edited by ValhaHazred

The features you don't like about Nova are exactly what makes her an appealing 'Frame to me. Her head is featureless and smooth, oddly shaped, almost eerie. Her body is proportioned in an almost childlike way, with overexaggerated curves just a little too thick to look natural. The look of cracked porcelain on the left arm as if something had been eating away at a doll. It's all very Silent Hill, down to the thick, pendulous legs that taper out like that of a Closer. 

Nova might be my favorite Warframe based on looks alone, and while I understand it doesn't appeal to everyone, it certainly has its niche.

while I wouldn't say "favorite" I do agree with her features =3

@JBoat

And I 100% disagree. That's the thing with aesthetics, It's all personal taste. I'm fine with alternate skins in the future, but don't change the current Nova skin.

I get that you guys don't like her and that's fine (I don't think anyone should die in the corner) but you have to get that just as many people really like the design.

I more then respect you're personal taste, and I know that alot of people love the way she looks. However, all though I said I didn't like her looks and I felt they did not fit the Warframe vibe, I also said I wasn't asking for a change. After all, it is a online multiplayer game with a ton of content, and can  be made to cater to all different types of tastes and preferences. And I love the idea of different armor skins which I have been hoping for for a long time?

The main thing I dislike about the Nova model is the long neck (and the missing breast patch). If it could be shortened just a little, she'd look much better to me. In the concept art her neck wasn't nearly as long as it is ingame either.

Well visuals are a strictly individiual preference. For me she is one of the best, most organic looking waframes out there.

I must stress ORGANIC because if you take a look at how the first warframes like Excalibur, Loki, Mag look.. well they are like a sevond skin to the supposed character inside. For contrast lets turn our attention to Vauban. His frame is clearly a costume that fits very syntheticaly and feels more like a machine than natural extention of the body.

It's all about artstyle and according to me Nova i step "back to the roots" wich i strongly approve of! :)