The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't understand why I got that fps loss

ParkerGGA

Hey guys. I played some Warframe like 1 to 2 months ago and never had fps issues on the same rig I got right now, the thing which changed since then it's that I got an ssd and now I run it on the SSD. My specs:

R7 370 2gb DDR5.

4gb of ram 1333 dd3

i5 2400.

My processors seems to run around 60-80%, the ram it's about 80% aswell. I don't run any other software beside Warframe when I game, and if  I do. It's probably Discord or a tab or Google Chrome with some music. The same performance I got despite any single settings I applied. Mentioning that I used DX9-10-11. My GPU seems to be used less when the game it's the most loaded. I don't think it's a bottleneck since both, cpu and gpu are mediocre in terms of gaming and I was able  to game many things with no major fps issues under 60. I try changing the resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x1050 and to 1440x1000 but no changes at all, even at 1280x720. From low to ultra settings with all effects activated. The only difference on fps I saw was on my ship where from my medium to high settings fps, around 140-160 I jumped on 200 on Low settings and on Ultra about 90-110. The average fps I get when I enter in missions is about 80 to 90 and when S#&$ loads, under 40. Even 32 to 36 in long maps such as Hieracon. Any clue how would I fix that? If I disable the 64bit client the game keep having spikes, but the fps seems a little stabile after it stabilizes, about 1 to 2 minutes after I get into a mission. All my drivers are updated and I can't really find a fix for that. Any of you guys got a clue?

ye i noticed some weird chopp as well i susupect it might be lag, but i play planet side 2 without that particular chop so i susupect some frame rate loss due to game update, i got CPU i7  8 gig of ram grr nto sure why is this happening, also chop happens on ship as well.

Try and monitor your RAM usage. Occasionally after updates there are memory leaks - if you run a long mission you might notice it. Check in task manager when you start playing, play for an hour or so and see where your RAM is. Mine usually caps between 2-3 gb RAM.

Closing, and reopening Warframe would fix this each time it happens.

4 hours ago, krc473 said:

Try and monitor your RAM usage. Occasionally after updates there are memory leaks - if you run a long mission you might notice it. Check in task manager when you start playing, play for an hour or so and see where your RAM is. Mine usually caps between 2-3 gb RAM.

Closing, and reopening Warframe would fix this each time it happens.

Or check this out and use it ^_~

I get frame rate drops after playing for a while too. Starts off fine but the longer I have Warframe open the worse it gets to the point where it's unplayable after a few hours. Restarting the game fixes it so I just assumed it was a memory leak.

Playing on a i7 4790k and 1080.

On 8/31/2017 at 6:47 PM, Bostrom_NZ said:

I get frame rate drops after playing for a while too. Starts off fine but the longer I have Warframe open the worse it gets to the point where it's unplayable after a few hours. Restarting the game fixes it so I just assumed it was a memory leak.

Playing on a i7 4790k and 1080.

A very solid combination. I think DE once mentioned that infested particle effects tend to encourage that memory leak type slow down over long sessions.