Getting Rid Of Forma Level Reset

TheJiggliestPoo

Formas should not reset levels when used:

Reason to keep level reset when using forma: 

*More time playing warframe

*More money for DE in a sense if people buy affinity boosters

Reason to remove level reset when using forma:

*Potatoes don't level reset, so why should formas

*The grind is not fun for adding on formas because you know you won't be able to truely enjoy your gun without forma-ing it to the extent that you want it to be at

*Although formas does less than a potato, it costs the same amount of platinum to get as a potato

Grind as an artificial way to increase playtime is not necessarily fun. Grind can be fun but grind can easily become a chore. You can have pve games that even with maxed out levels can be fun, such as killing floor, where killing mobs even though it seems repetitive is really enjoyable.

No. People can get a massive quantity of Forma for free - login rewards give it relatively commonly, and Void missions drop it like candy in both blueprint and regular form. The reset is the only thing that makes people even consider before using it. Potatoes, meanwhile, are like gold-dust.

No. People can get a massive quantity of Forma for free - login rewards give it relatively commonly, and Void missions drop it like candy in both blueprint and regular form. The reset is the only thing that makes people even consider before using it. Potatoes, meanwhile, are like gold-dust.

This.

Agreed. We don't need people mass formaing a weapon. The reset acts as a balance.

Agreed.

Hell it'd also be unfair to those who've already -done- it .. and it's not as though Forma's are a required act, you choose to do it or you don't. The first time you 2 star your warframe & weapon set doesn't even feel remotely like a grind so much as a highly anticipated wait to see how badass they'll be when it's done anyway.

Formas are easy to get...

But login rewards only give garbage. Don't even say that u get forma from there lol. Ive been on 7 day login rewards since U7 and only got S#&$ from login rewards.

I think it should reset the level but it shouldn't reset the mod slots because it just isn't fun having your weapon basically unable at the effectiveness you want it to be or the power of the rest of your equipment.

There should be a system in place that allows to to obtain the polarity when you gain enough exp. thats when you can also add another to reset the exp again.

I'm ok, not thrilled, with polarizing resetting your equipment rank. I don't think using Forma shouldn't give some kind of negative for the increase of power later on.

I'd be happy if the weapon/warframe affinity you have earned over rank 30 would be counted as a bonus though when using Forma so you may not start at exactly rank 0?

most things dont even need to be forma'd once.

I see almost no reason to forma. I've done it once just for constitution. But I didnt even need to with the aura update

Edited by Oizen

People who decide to put in the extra work deserve the extra power.

Okay, but this doesn't stand contrary to what OP wants. It even reinforces it! Those that have to grind for their Formas are the ones that definitely deserve that extra power. Why do the ones that put a lot of work into the game need to grind even more for their reward?

They already had to grind void keys, then had to grind void rund for the forma and now they have to grind for their forma to have it's full effect? (It's grind2grind2grind)

Since the game is p2convenience, the change would actually reinforce the convenience part, since you'd bypass the complete grind - as it stands now, even if you pay you need to grind, so you're only getting half the convenience! (It's p2grind)

And to the guy that said that it forces people to think about what to forma and when to use it, I think you're only partially right. For example, I only have two forma and in my case the questions if I want to save it for clan weapons or dojo building or onvest it into in my gear. The XP grind would come anyway and happens justby playing the game, so it's not a real setback but - just as OP pointed out - artificially enforced grind that doesn't add anything to the game.

Edited by Wojek