Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions about nezha and why he is why he is that hopefully counts as general discussion

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

Its a question and i have to ask it...

Why is Nezha the way he is? I just started playing him yesterday, and he is sort of dissapointing.

The fire trail ability...i hear rockets when i use that ability...almost like they are in his feet...and wish instead of sliding...it was a more controlled movement...or faster

Throwing weapons. Glaives specifically i guess, are not that great. I thought blazing chakram was something else...

Its nice you can teleport with it but its going to take some time figuring out when and where thats appropriate... Its hard to tell how far away itll go, and no way to control the speed it moves, though i beleive there are actual glaive mods (however useless) that allow you to augment how many times the bounce and probably how fast they go.

But whenever i see things like this, i often think of the enemies that always have similar but better mechanics and attacks.

Theres a moa that shoots discs out that hit the ground and create knock down rings...

Would that not be nice here? And It should be like tron but its not...

And as for warding halo, I thought when Rhinos iron skin was changed to allow recasting (that did happen right?) we had learned our lessons, but i guess I was wrong...

It should do more, but simplicity is for simplicties sake. By more, i mean fire.

Because all of nezhas abilities should proc fire. Not for damage. For the theme.

Why spears? Where do the spears come into play? Why do the spears not burn enemies?

And, the most confusing part is the decast animation...i know its already been brought up, but i honestly wasnt paying attention before. It didnt make sense. I thought that people were complaing about the animation when they themselves decasted the ability. I barely bothered to actually read what they were saying, nezha wasnt important to me. It doesnt make sense. No one else has to do it, and there are way better ults in game. Maybe equinox has to do this? I dont know, I dont play her either...

Is there even a timer to tell you when the ult ends, or was it just my imagination that it was being left up to me to guess when i was going to be stopped in the middle of firing a penta. You cant even secondary fire explode it. It lasts a second, but its an unwanted second.

Spears and fire are associated pretty well with Nezha but you are right, its weird his Divine Spears don't ignite foes as Nezha's could in his legends. In some myths he already has an association with fire, though in some older ones he was bound and enslaved by the monks sent after him to stop him from killing his father and after his binding learned to control some element of his chains using the iron rings and fire to aid in the Lotus' Prince's enforcing the will of the Jade Emperor. Honestly, I just think his Blazing Chakram should take from his melee mods, and it would work out for me! Sad that the move does not. In general, Nezha is an all-rounder similar to Oberon with a bigger emphasis on mobility versus endurance. Moves like that Fire Trail and the Blazing Chakram give Nezha the ability to quickly move around a fight with relative ease while Blazing Chakram also allows Nezha to mark enemies with it when the ability hits them, this will cause the enemy to explode into a small amount of healing for nearby allies when killed. Warding Halo gives him some Iron Skin like resistance to damage while Divine Spears combines elements of Rhino Stomp and Reckoning holding enemies in place and being farther reach like Stomp and being two part in damage and types like Reckoning. Unfortunately, you are right in that odd duration issue on Divine Spears, it can be annoying at times when it ends but with practice you can usually end the move on your own terms.

I like to think of Nezha mostly in terms of an all-rounder first and speed demon second but depending on your play-style you can make of him what you will. Good luck with the Lotus Prince.

To address a few of these points; Rhino's Iron Skin is only able to be recast if you have the Iron Shrapnel augment equipped. Nezha is still a reasonably new frame in the grand scheme of things, so him still having only the two existing augments (Safeguard and Pyroclastic Flow) is a problem that will eventually be solved. Blazing Chakram can be used to heal yourself and allies when re-activated in-flight near an enemy, I regularly use it to reposition or to extend my mobility. Firewalker deals a reasonable amount of base damage, also cleanses allies of status procs when they step on the flames, gives you a speed boost of 20% while active and also has a decent-sized and decent-damage AoE explosion when Blazing Chakram is used with it active. Warding Halo on its own is an awesome sidegrade to Iron Skin, since it also gives close-range CC+slash damage and has an augment that allows you to shield allies.

As for Divine Spears, this is one ability that I use sparingly. It deals decent damage per cast, and has a reasonable AoE area, but it is clunky in that it requires two casts to utilize fully and also takes a full 3s to cast twice without Speed Drift/Natural Talent/Flash Accelerant. Advantages are that enemies impaled are treated as knocked down, so you can perform ground finishers on them - this can synergize with weapons such as the Obex and its Entropy Detonation augment. There is a timer for when the Spears will retract, however you also perform the animation whenever an enemy dies while impaled. This is something that should be changed, so that it's only performed when recasting or when the last enemy impaled is killed.

I see no reason why the theme of Fire wasn't kept for all of the abilities, however since Warding Halo and Divine Spears are not proc-dealing abilities, the damage type is negligible in the vast majority of cases. It would be nice for the theme, but has little effect on gameplay. Equinox does also suffer from the recast animation, as do all Warframes with Exalted abilities (technically - since they are forced to holster their original weapon on casting and to re-draw it on deactivation).

I have used Nezha a great deal since his release, I think that overall he's actually a very well-rounded Warframe. I look forward to seeing any new augments for him and would love to see a possible decrease in the Divine Spears animation length.

Hopefully this answers a few of the questions you have about him. :satisfied: