Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxins Should Not Damage The Pod

3XT3RM1NATUS

Because it:

1) makes no sense

2) even if you manage to kill an Ancient quckly remaining toxins will damage the pod and instakill it on higher levels.

inb4 l2p and don't let Toxics get to the pod comments.

The biggest problem is the pod is a JOKE, it should scale in level and increase in strength per wave increase the same as the NPC. It dies if thing sneeze on it past wave 30 and toxic ancients are a walking AOE. Really I would rather they just scale POD strength so it always going to survive the same amount of time regardless of the level the NPC, I know that is asking too much from DE though.

If they nerfed toxins I wouldn't mind at all and up vote the patch note when it happened..

the Infested are really the most awfully designed faction in the history of faction design.

There are only two ways to fight them:

1. Have a high frustration tolerance and accept the fact that if you make even a single wrong move you'll be stunlocked and killed while helpless

Obviously you didn't played with Geth in Mass Effect 3 :)

2. Hide on in a box, trivialize them forever.

... and Reapers :)

As for OP, ArmaMalum's idea of percentage-based damage to cryopod is good. Toxins can't kill cryopod, but anyway you should try very hard to not to deal with 1% health cryo.

The biggest problem is the pod is a JOKE, it should scale in level and increase in strength per wave increase the same as the NPC. It dies if thing sneeze on it past wave 30 and toxic ancients are a walking AOE. Really I would rather they just scale POD strength so it always going to survive the same amount of time regardless of the level the NPC, I know that is asking too much from DE though.

If they nerfed toxins I wouldn't mind at all and up vote the patch note when it happened..

The pod scaling so that high-level defense isn't "they shoot it once you lose" would be the best thing.

I still hope for DE to introduce a new type of Infested for the next event, similar to how the Fusion MOA became a permanent unit.
I would hope for a ranged type, flying if possible, so it can attack without being body-blocked by other Infested. So less Ancients have to spawn to make your day horrible.

Edited by ScorpDK

So instead of the normal "Vauban OP" or "Yeah I agree" I'll suggest an idea. What if, just to the pod/pillar/objective, toxics did a percent health damage? It would still punish groups for letting them through as it will ignore the shields but it would stop the losses due to a single toxic getting through on a high level.

Finally a well thought out idea in this thread.

I feel that all enemies should do % damage to the pod. That way they can still 1shot it in the later waves and still not be OP in the earlier waves.

well it KINDA makes sense that the toxin's are kinda Acidic in nature. but I agree that its annoying and doesnt really make sense. 

unless you have a frame that can push or knock Achents in your team, but often they have a tenancy to just somehow sneak up and if you dont eliminate them/knock them away they are one of the soul reasons why you fail a defense mission against infested. 

Ah make it simple.

Pod cannot take more than 20% damage of max hp per hit, would that sound fine ?

So even at Wave 50 mods, enemies will still need at least hit it 5 times to blow up ?

While DOT effects deal only  X% damage of max hp per second to the pod.

So napalms don't instant vape pods too.

Removing DOT effect on toxins after death though will further trivialized the infested.

Heck removing any of their knock back and special skills weaken them even further.

Edited by fatpig84

Does toxic damaging the pod make sense?  No.  But there is an organic being inside the pod in stasis that can still be damaged.  So in actuality is the pod being damaged?  Nope, the person you're protecting is.  Going full circle, does toxic damage the pod?  Technically yes.  In short, don't let toxic enemies swarm the pod.  And yes I realize that this isn't always possible but in defense you can only do so much with certain setups and teams.  Plus toxic is what makes the ancient type of enemies so dangerous, get them before they get to you plain and simple.

Ah make it simple.

Pod cannot take more than 20% damage of max hp per hit, would that sound fine ?

So even at Wave 50 mods, enemies will still need at least hit it 5 times to blow up ?

While DOT effects deal only  X% damage of max hp per second to the pod.

So napalms don't instant vape pods too.

Removing DOT effect on toxins after death though will further trivialized the infested.

Heck removing any of their knock back and special skills weaken them even further.

Nice idea. I also think of Vampire Nightmare game mode mechanics - pod still takes damage from toxins but cannot be killed by them (1% left).