Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Liset and AW Free Roam.

TheMostFrench

I would love to be able to travel around space by literally piloting my Liset to locations, as well as being able to fast-travel with the navigation menu, and then at each location it would be awesome to head outside and check out the local area of space in my archwing.

This has the potential for a bit of space exploration and free form mission generation e.g "We got reports of an enemy force gathering around xyz planet, head out there and see what's going on." - Looking at the navigation map right now, there are relays and enemy installations already in space, so it would be great to be able to go and scout them from the outside, and even do your own manual infiltration instead of it only being a cutscene at the start of the mission. As a bonus it would be great if you could meet up with others in space, maybe just other Party members who are in the same planet area as you.

I believe this kind of free-form exploration style would fit well with the upcoming PoE expansion, or another expansion later down the track.

Edited by TheMostFrench

[DE]Steve teased some work/testing on his twitch channel in regards to exploring space via piloting a ship.
There was no confirmation on the extent of where it will go in the future, but from what he showed it was a kind of "pirate ship" in space simulator. One tenno pilots, whilst the others in the squad man the "cannons". There was also talk of boarding enemy ships this way as well.

So you may just see something similar to what you wrote in the near future, unless they scrap all the hard work and testing they did on it, which would sadden me :(

EDIT found it:

Edited by Alcoholism
Provided link

I would definitely love to have an Archwing free roam mode, and that video looks like it'd be pretty cool too. I think this is actually one of the best things about the Plains of Eidolon: Yes, the plains themselves are really cool, and there will be neat stuff to do there, but the long term affect is that it opens up so much potential in Warframe.

1 hour ago, Alcoholism said:

[DE]Steve teased some work/testing on his twitch channel in regards to exploring space via piloting a ship.
There was no confirmation on the extent of where it will go in the future, but from what he showed it was a kind of "pirate ship" in space simulator. One tenno pilots, whilst the others in the squad man the "cannons". There was also talk of boarding enemy ships this way as well.

So you may just see something similar to what you wrote in the near future, unless they scrap all the hard work and testing they did on it, which would sadden me :(

EDIT found it:

I don't think there is any hard work already put into this, it seems like it's a junction room flying in space.

I still really hope we get this, could be really fun!