Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Stance Cards Should Show All The Stance Information

PsychedelicSnake

So... melee stance mod cards. They tell us what the stances are, and they tell us how to perform them. Thing is, unless you've been to the wiki or told by someone else more knowledgeable, you would never know that all stances have unique effects that are completely unlisted. For example, did you know that the Hidden Flourish combo of the Vulpine Mask rapier stance can open up an enemy to a finisher attack? Or that certain attacks in certain combos can inflict status procs?

Some things effects, such as the latter, are usually be learned by simply watching the enemy. Others like the former are very situational and you won't often notice them. Regardless, this information should really be added in some way to the Stance Mod UI. More info that is readily available in-game is never a bad thing.

Interesting actually. This would be such an amazing QoL addition and I'd love to see this in the game! I'm also one of those people who go on the wiki and watch videos on what certain mod stance does and how it works. This is definitely needed for sure :3

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

The idea is good, that's for sure.

But why is it needed for the stances?
Let's be honest, the game tells you very little about anything.
The description of Radial Blind doesn't tell you it opens up enemies for finishers. The same goes for the description of Valkyr's Paralysis.

While I like the idea, we should no stop at the stances.
And if giving more information on other things isn't wanted, I would have to ask, why we would need them on stances.

34 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Not sure why this is needed. The combo's are practically the same for all stances. The effects on the other hand are kinda marginal.

It doesn't matter. Regardless of how similar or small they might be, the game doesn't inform us there are any multipliers or effects at all.

3 hours ago, Genitive said:

It doesn't matter. Regardless of how similar or small they might be, the game doesn't inform us there are any multipliers or effects at all.

Okay, not hard to look them up in the wiki. Game doesnt need to hold your hand on everything. Plenty of information out there. They can spend their time focusing on more important things then this.

3 hours ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Okay, not hard to look them up in the wiki. Game doesnt need to hold your hand on everything. Plenty of information out there. They can spend their time focusing on more important things then this.

I don't think this is a good way to look at things. Having more information in a game doesn't equate to hand-holding. Not everything needs to be obtuse for the sake of being obtuse. For this specific thing, making Stance info readily available isn't hand-holding because it doesn't make melee any easier or harder to control or perform. It simply gives information on what combo does what. Besides, saying info like this shouldn't be added because it can just be looked up on a wiki is like saying the Arsenal UI that lists damage types doesn't need to be there because it can also be looked up on a wiki.