Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My next bad Idea, spear and shield and sword

Aracnod

So the idea here is simple a new kind of melee. It will be a spear and shield and sword lol you ask what are you talking about you madd man.. well here is how I see it working. 

you have spear and shield in hand with a auto parry special attribute while blocking and the ability to throw the spear. upon throwing the spear you will be without the spear for a decently long cooldown and the sword will be quicker with shorter range and less damage. 

spear would be impact with a knockdown on throw

sword would be slash

I need this for my fashion frame!! lol 

Someone drawl up a bad*** sketch for me and post it so I can dream. needs to have a very Roman Centurion feel to it. 

5 minutes ago, Suncake said:

You're talking about hoplite, not centurion. And you concept is, well, nothing new, you basically combine a throwable primary spear with sword & board melee. I don't see much sense in that, honestly.

Well thanks for being down on my party bro😭

i ask what sense do half our weapons make this would be fun and very fashion frame . The shield would be out with both weapons

Thanks though for the hoplite correction as I knew I wasn't quite right there. Thanks for reading 😃

Edited by Aracnod

The greek hoplites and their counterparts didn't use throwing spears though other than in that "300" movie, the roman legions, greek peltasts and spartan slaves did and the spartans didn't use any ranged weapons only the spear which was too long to be thrown accurately.

I don't think impact damage should be something spears deal as primary damage type, if anything it should be puncture-slash, impact is something the shields would deal.

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

The greek hoplites and their counterparts didn't use throwing spears though other than in that "300" movie, the roman legions, greek peltasts and spartan slaves did and the spartans didn't use any ranged weapons only the spear which was too long to be thrown accurately.

I don't think impact damage should be something spears deal as primary damage type, if anything it should be puncture-slash, impact is something the shields would deal.

i do agree, sounds like a fashion frame for the spartan look. get a long cloak sydana. and there you have a "300" spartan.

But it would be nice to see a spear and shield. since we got the flaming sword and shied, and mace and shield.

So why not?