The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update 9 Stutter Issue

Kojuku

Prior to U9, I had no problems whatsoever. Always ran around 60 fps and usually no lag in online matches. Now that U9 was deployed... it's a different story. So, I first noticed it when I got into a game. I thought it was just the host lagging so it affected us. Then it kept happening. Every match I joined was the same thing. Every second or so it would stutter. I then tried to solo a mission and there was still stutter. I have not made any changes to my computer at all since update 9. I haven't installed anything or even downloaded anything. So, if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it, I'd gladly like to know. That or just wait till update 10.

Prior to U9, I had no problems whatsoever. Always ran around 60 fps and usually no lag in online matches. Now that U9 was deployed... it's a different story. So, I first noticed it when I got into a game. I thought it was just the host lagging so it affected us. Then it kept happening. Every match I joined was the same thing. Every second or so it would stutter. I then tried to solo a mission and there was still stutter. I have not made any changes to my computer at all since update 9. I haven't installed anything or even downloaded anything. So, if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it, I'd gladly like to know. That or just wait till update 10.

...ive a similar quandry as well 'since' U9 - I always get a real 'slow down' in melee on hords of  infested battling more that 1 Ancient , 2 or 3 usually does it during melee and then the kills (inplay graphics Dynamics) - almost freezes the game  play for some seconds. I've a new Vid Card over a month now no probs till the U9. Using a O/C'd ASUS HD7850 2GB - I'm using high settings for the graphics eye candy with no probs before the U9 update.

Quote: "or just wait till update 10." - maybe thats the key...dunno, fingers crossed for a fix.

...ive a similar quandry as well 'since' U9 - I always get a real 'slow down' in melee on hords of  infested battling more that 1 Ancient , 2 or 3 usually does it during melee and then the kills (inplay graphics Dynamics) - almost freezes the game  play for some seconds. I've a new Vid Card over a month now no probs till the U9. Using a O/C'd ASUS HD7850 2GB - I'm using high settings for the graphics eye candy with no probs before the U9 update.

Quote: "or just wait till update 10." - maybe thats the key...dunno, fingers crossed for a fix.

I also have been getting that issue, sure my machine is pretty low end, but I never had this problem before. Now my game would freeze randomly, and then disconnect me from my current game and send me back to the lobby. My Internet is still fine since it was able to connect to the warframe servers when I got dropped from the game, and I have been getting some fps drops at times, and I'm not the host.

You mentioned that you are running Warframe on an OC'd GPU. Have you tried playing the game at factory settings?

You mentioned that you are running Warframe on an OC'd GPU. Have you tried playing the game at factory settings?

i have indeed! That was my 1st move to use default setting before setting text to comments on forums here. - no joy same issue. This new card has performed well for over a month before & totally stable at base settings or slightly O/C'd @4%+  before the U9 up.

I also have been getting that issue, sure my machine is pretty low end, but I never had this problem before. Now my game would freeze randomly, and then disconnect me from my current game and send me back to the lobby. My Internet is still fine since it was able to connect to the warframe servers when I got dropped from the game, and I have been getting some fps drops at times, and I'm not the host.

understand your situtation. I use a Comcast Business Class 50MB service line with pretty hefty BandWidth. I don't have drops or disconnects atoll. Albeit older my Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 Processor 3.0 GHz. 8GB Ram on an older WD Raptor Drive has done me alrite too.

I can play with it for around 5 mins. Then it just seems to keep getting worse. I've monitored my performance while playing and it seems normal. I've tried basic things like putting everything to low and other things, but no avail. So I guess I'll probably wait until update 10 to play it again. If it's not fixed I'll be done with the game permanently.

Hey guys,

Is there any chance I could get a few people to submit support tickets for this issue? I only need one per person, and the more people involved the better. I may have reproduced the stutter on my end however I can't be absolutely sure until I take a look at everyone else's EE log.

If any of you have a spare moment to assist it would be very helpful in tracking down the culprit.

Tickets can be submitted here: http://support.warframe.com/

Ideally it would be best if you used an EE log that was retrieved immediately after you have had the freezing occur.

Your EE.log can be found at the following location:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

To retrieve your dxdiag simply follow these steps:
1. Hold down Win + R
2. Type "dxdiag" and click "OK" 
3. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice 

Thanks a lot!

I'm also having this issue. It's very intermittent...sometimes it'll happen 5 times a game, while at other times I can go several games without the stutter (which is usually a few seconds of 2 FPS or so). I had no issues like this prior to U9 and I'm on an awesome rig that shouldn't have any problems like this. It seems to happen more when I'm using my Ogris to take out multiple grineer...

Hey guys,

Is there any chance I could get a few people to submit support tickets for this issue? I only need one per person, and the more people involved the better. I may have reproduced the stutter on my end however I can't be absolutely sure until I take a look at everyone else's EE log.

If any of you have a spare moment to assist it would be very helpful in tracking down the culprit.

Tickets can be submitted here: http://support.warframe.com/

Ideally it would be best if you used an EE log that was retrieved immediately after you have had the freezing occur.

Your EE.log can be found at the following location:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

To retrieve your dxdiag simply follow these steps:
1. Hold down Win + R
2. Type "dxdiag" and click "OK" 
3. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice 

Thanks a lot!

thanks! been looking for where the support button was for a few days now. (well...havent been looking all day but you get the point...would help if i would stop being distracted by stuff i come across and then forgetting what i was lookin for)

• 2 weeks later...

Been having the same issues. Happens only during online play, enemies and allies bounce around and items seem to float in the air. Was fine prior to the U9, but lately its been getting worse. Can't even play an online game without this occurring. Makes it virtually unplayable. Any suggestions? already tried a bunch of different things and sent in a support ticket.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...