Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝘿𝙪𝙫𝙞𝙧𝙞 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

23 hours ago, (XB1)x Or4ngeP33ls x said:

With this new Warframe contest, is there any chance you'll be bringing Gagarin back?

I mean, technically he never left.

Though at the moment I'm actually working on a short quest using the memories of the original Gagarin frame. Gonna make a separate thread for that one soon™.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I mean, technically he never left.

Though at the moment I'm actually working on a short quest using the memories of the original Gagarin frame. Gonna make a separate thread for that one soon™.

Copy that, and I hear you. Myself as well as several others will be looking forward to it, I can say that much. 

56 minutes ago, (XB1)x Or4ngeP33ls x said:

Copy that, and I hear you. Myself as well as several others will be looking forward to it, I can say that much. 

That's good to know!

...The whole thing is a little bit hamstrung by the fact that I kind of blew it when it comes to making an open world, but I feel like the basic story Gagarin will be telling here will be mostly intact.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

That's good to know!

...The whole thing is a little bit hamstrung by the fact that I kind of blew it when it comes to making an open world, but I feel like the basic story Gagarin will be telling here will be mostly intact.

No worries. There's no shame in having to double back to refine one's concepts. For the most part, yeah, I could see it mostly staying intact. If anything, you could maybe expand upon it a bit more, but that's completely up to you. 

Just now, (XB1)x Or4ngeP33ls x said:

No worries. There's no shame in having to double back to refine one's concepts. For the most part, yeah, I could see it mostly staying intact. If anything, you could maybe expand upon it a bit more, but that's completely up to you. 

Well, thanks for being so understanding! ^~^

...I do think I should expand on it a little bit more, though. I have a few good ideas for it (control level, another faction, about three resources) but nothing that feels altogether very solid.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well, thanks for being so understanding! ^~^

...I do think I should expand on it a little bit more, though. I have a few good ideas for it (control level, another faction, about three resources) but nothing that feels altogether very solid.

Yeah, no problem! 👍

For sure. That's good; I'm more than willing to hear them if you'd be willing to divulge the information. But I could see numerous challenges arising when it comes to cooking up an entire open world area with an in depth story and environment. If anything, I'd start off looking into the history and description of the Jovian moons, not just Ganymede. You could really start getting some ideas that way. Maybe when the old war ended, there was a bitter rivalry between the Jovian moons. War amongst them eventually broke out which ultimately left the moons scared for centuries, hints the Corpus wreckage on Europa. And who knows, maybe Gagrin played a pivotal role in settling the dispute, wink wink 😉

But hey, those are just a few ideas to potentially get you going. If need by, I'd be more than willing to expand upon them, if you'd like?

1 hour ago, (XB1)x Or4ngeP33ls x said:

t. If anything, I'd start off looking into the history and description of the Jovian moons, not just Ganymede. You could really start getting some ideas that way. Maybe when the old war ended, there was a bitter rivalry between the Jovian moons. War amongst them eventually broke out which ultimately left the moons scared for centuries, hints the Corpus wreckage on Europa

...That is an interesting idea right there. Admittedly, I hadn't really thought about the other Jovians post-Old War, but it'd be intriguing to weave that in. Good call.  As for what I was planning on Gagarin doing, well... in a bloodthirsty rage, he murdered all the Orokin of Ganymede.

Then, in Ganymede's post-Old War existence (which is something I'd probably find ways to allude to) they were essentially bought out by Corpus imperialists. It's likely that some of this won't come up in Gagarin's memories, though.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...That is an interesting idea right there. Admittedly, I hadn't really thought about the other Jovians post-Old War, but it'd be intriguing to weave that in. Good call.  As for what I was planning on Gagarin doing, well... in a bloodthirsty rage, he murdered all the Orokin of Ganymede.

Then, in Ganymede's post-Old War existence (which is something I'd probably find ways to allude to) they were essentially bought out by Corpus imperialists. It's likely that some of this won't come up in Gagarin's memories, though.

I'm glad to hear that you're taking interest in it. It was just some food for thought, and for sure. Ok, I hear you, but the real question you have to be asking yourself is HOW did he kill them? Obviously rage was his motivation, but you're probably going to have to hone it out a little bit. For instance:

In a moment of pure desperation, the Orokin fled Ganymede on their golden chariots to escape the wraith of their denizens. But foolish thinking it was of the Orokin to think they could escape the clutches of Gagrin's retribution. 

I know it's amateur writing, but you could set it up something like that. And to expound upon that idea, maybe before the Orokin could escape, Gagrin tethered the vessels to each other, and eventually the conglomeration of Orokin vessels feel back down to Ganymede. When the Orokin vessels fell, they happened to fall right on top of one of Ganymede's key space ports, killing hundreds, and ultimately leaving the space port inoperable. This halted any relief efforts to be directed towards Ganymede, which consequently led to months of strife and hardships.

I do recall in your story for Gagrin the people of Ganymede somewhat resented Gagrin, but some praised him. This could be one way you could go about conveying that through the story, but I wouldn't copy it verbatim of course. If you do consider tweaking his abilities, it would be interesting to incorporate some of their new attributes in the story. 

40 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Hmm, it's going to be interesting to see how you would go about doing that. But I like what you have going so far. Yeah, that sounds fair. After all, Warframes aren't known for their remarkable memory anyway. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)x Or4ngeP33ls x said:

Hmm, it's going to be interesting to see how you would go about doing that. But I like what you have going so far. Yeah, that sounds fair. After all, Warframes aren't known for their remarkable memory anyway. 

To explain that: Gagarin... or at least, the one transcribing their memories... is special. The reason why is a bit of a spoiler.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

To explain that: Gagarin... or at least, the one transcribing their memories... is special. The reason why is a bit of a spoiler.

Ahh, I see. Well I won't push you. I'm looking forward to seeing what secrets you have in store for Gagarin. And I'm certainly the person that doesn't mind waiting either, lol. 

Heh, wish I could help out relative to your ongoing tale, perhaps in a "Leveran" style, but, shifting through my pile, it seems like I have very few pieces to offer Gagarin's tale. The Tribes, Deimos, Barboga, etc, only the Tribes seem possibly helpful.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, wish I could help out relative to your ongoing tale, perhaps in a "Leveran" style, but, shifting through my pile, it seems like I have very few pieces to offer Gagarin's tale. The Tribes, Deimos, Barboga, etc, only the Tribes seem possibly helpful.

The offer is appreciated, but I think I've got it covered. Thanks, though!

Besides, a lot of it takes place in the final days of the Old War, so I'm not sure how much of that would work.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The offer is appreciated, but I think I've got it covered. Thanks, though!

Besides, a lot of it takes place in the final days of the Old War, so I'm not sure how much of that would work.

That's totally fine! The only tribe that really dates back to the Old War are the Stochastis anyway, and they didn't really start moving around until raiders started abducting the poor ol organic computers as slaves.

Luck be with you on Gagarin's journey, as much as, if not more then I'll need to even consider working on Project Hag. Blasted pressure headaches/ isolation.

"And it is impossible not to compare this to the twisted, warped, form of unlife the Orokin create. Decades of protecting the Origin system, and what has it achieved? I have protected serfs that toil endlessly, shifted the weight of this Empire onto the backs of hundreds of billions. All the beauty, all the glory of the Empire, and so far beyond the reach of so many of its possessions.  Strangled. Barely more than automatons. This is the order I have reinforced."

SOON™

7 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

I also like the art style of the political groups.

Why thank you! Ganymede's art style (at least, where they're not using repurposed Orokin tech) is inspired or shamelessly ripped from The Expanse's more grounded designs, while also meant to look like modern tactical weapons as filtered through that head injury I had that one time.

Dziewanna is weird because I just copied the Prothean Particle Rifle. I kinda want to go for a more skeletonized look. Someday, after I've refined the design philosophy, I'm probably going to look at that one the way DE probably looks at the Strun and Boar.

I also have a homemade weapon (or two) planned, I  just haven't gotten around to posting it yet. It'll look really conventional, so I feel like I need to balance it out a bit with some typical Warframe surrealism.

On 2020-03-23 at 12:36 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Dziewanna is weird because I just copied the Prothean Particle Rifle. I kinda want to go for a more skeletonized look. Someday, after I've refined the design philosophy, I'm probably going to look at that one the way DE probably looks at the Strun and Boar.

Also, I have an idea for event that involves Dziewanna. As inspired (partly) by Scarlet Spear... not doing too well. More on that as it develops. Umbral Ayatan quest PART 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO is coming next.

Corpus 'Avegaar' Laser Machine Pistol

corpus__avegaar__machine_pistol_by_harua

Special Traits
Mounted Shield:  onboard shield module that - when not connected to an external power supply with the necessary hardpoints - protects targets from up to 60% of damage for up to five seconds, with a five-second cooldown period. 
Bonus Damage: Out of the four rounds of the burst, one has a chance to deal +50% bonus damage.

Codex

“When surrounded by crowds, the Avegaar can put something between you and anyone chasing you, all while cooking them alive. Either activate the weapon’s shield, or deploy it for quick cover. Luxor Forge. We’ve Got You Covered!”

A new addition from the ancient Luxor Forge, the Avegaar laser machine pistol fires fully-automatically in oscillating bursts. It comes with an onboard shield module that - when not connected to an external power supply with the necessary hardpoints - protects targets from up to 60% of damage for up to five seconds, with a five-second cooldown period. 

(The Tenno do not have one of said power supplies.)

The shield can be deployed with a tap of the altfire key, but this will consume all the energy remaining in the weapon’s magazine. The Avegaar’s lasers are, for reasons, the only weapons that will penetrate its own shield, regardless of punch-through.  Enemy versions of this shield can easily be worn down with sustained fire... or gimped with explosives.

This weapon was created expressly for use in cramped confines, such as Condor dropships, ‘Bison’ tanks, gas cities, the decks of Venus’ terraforming operation, and shipboard hallways. It’s found prominence among Adjudicators - the primary law enforcement arm of the Corpus. A common tactic during labor strikes and riots is to slowly advance towards a crowd, shields deployed. It’s also become a common sidearm for Corpus snipers and marksmen, due to its deployable shield and rate of fire.

Artist Notes:

I’m thinking back to the Hypodermis (the last auto burst sidearm I made) and I think I may have made it too good. Whoops.

Anyway. This was pretty heavily inspired by Hyperion weapons in Borderlands 3. I liked the weapon-mounted shield, and thought it might be fun - but, well, it exists on a timer because I know full well how numbers are in this game, and that if I gave it a set, impossible-to-break number, it would be either extremely useless or extremely broken.

The deployable shield is inspired by the Auger from Resistance! Tempting as it is to make a rifle like that in Warframe, I feel like this is as far as I should take the gimmick.

Also, on the subject of the shields being infinite with the right power supply: Obviously, the Tenno can get them. But they won’t, for balance reasons.

STATS:

Slot: Secondary

Trigger - Auto Burst
Burst Count: 4
Fire Rate: 12
Magazine: 72
Reload: 2
Damage: 20
8 Heat
9 Slash
3 Puncture
Crit Chance: 12%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Punch-Through: 0.4m

7 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Corpus 'Avegaar' Laser Machine Pistol

corpus__avegaar__machine_pistol_by_harua

Love the new aesthetic , reminds me of the unrealesed corpus gun that launches rods.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Mounted Shield:  onboard shield module that - when not connected to an external power supply with the necessary hardpoints - protects targets from up to 60% of damage for up to five seconds, with a five-second cooldown period.

Had a similar idea but for a Shoulder mounted exalted weapon ( a bit od weird skill the warframe change shape and equips itself on an ally , the player controls the sholder mounted Cannon ). The main diference in functional was mine consumed energy from the magazine per second instead of the entire thing and the shield was invulnerable.

As far as Avegaar is concerned it a weapon a dew question.

If the player strikes with a melee weapons does the shield disapear ?

How long is the recharge delay ? 

5 hours ago, keikogi said:

Love the new aesthetic , reminds me of the unrealesed corpus gun that launches rods.

It was inspired by this thing from Lawbreakers! 😛

tor-frick-alpha6.jpg?1506357383

If the player strikes with a melee weapons does the shield disapear ?

Yep. The shield is only active if you're using zoom. It's not active while hipfiring.

How long is the recharge delay ? 

Five seconds. That's what I meant when I said there was a cooldown period! 😛

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Yep. The shield is only active if you're using zoom. It's not active while hipfiring.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Five seconds. That's what I meant when I said there was a cooldown period! 😛

I think you are better of just having the shield consuming ammo as long as it held. If I understood correctly this is a battery weapon so you could make it like this. 

Zoom in consumes ammo per second and firing the weapon will consume even more ammo. 

Alt fire turns on and off the shield feature

There is no warframe that can directly feed ammo into the gun and few frames that can boost reload speed to redicolous levels would not be that big of issue with 60% frontal damage DR.

Just now, keikogi said:

I think you are better of just having the shield consuming ammo as long as it held. If I understood correctly this is a battery weapon so you could make it like this. 

...I guess that could work, but I kinda don't like the idea of reducing the weapon's DPS that much. The basic idea here is that this is a Hyperion SMG from Borderlands 3, except it doesn't get more accurate the longer it fires.

1 minute ago, keikogi said:

If I understood correctly this is a battery weapon so you could make it like this. 

Nah, it uses a magazine. I just... forgot to type in the stats.... whoops. If it sounded like I used the word battery, well... it's cause it's an energy weapon. 

Also, this was what inspired the deployable shield function!