Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ร—

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - ๐˜พ๐™Š๐™๐™‹๐™๐™Ž ๐™๐™‡๐˜ผ๐™๐˜ฝ๐™€๐˜ผ๐™ˆ!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2019-10-23 at 4:00 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I don't really see Centralia as being that mysterious - we know what happened, how, and why - but it's absolutely an eerie place all the same. There's already something unsettling about a town being evacuated, but knowing that people could just get swallowed upย  by the ground at any time?

That's pretty screwed.

I immediately think about how many people went missing before they went "hey, we need to leave. " Like when you hear of historical stories about people being called liars, until the people that called them liars see it for themselves. I over think stuff like this. XD Don't mind me .

Heads up - next weapon is yetย anotherย shotgun. I've been pretty busy with cosplay, fanfic, ponies, pony fanfic, pony cosplay, Borderlands 3, finally getting back into watching anime, and getting paid to yellย at strangers about meat bicycles, so you can imagine the toll that's taken on my ability to make full-color weaponry.ย 

It's funny, really, I couldย easilyย fart out like twenty concepts in a week (that is not an exaggeration) worth of gun concepts, but my viewers on deviantart wouldn't be satisfied with all the pencil-and-paper and neither would I.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Heads up - next weapon is yetย anotherย shotgun. I've been pretty busy with cosplay, fanfic, ponies, pony fanfic, pony cosplay, Borderlands 3, finally getting back into watching anime, and getting paid to yellย at strangers about meat bicycles, so you can imagine the toll that's taken on my ability to make full-color weaponry.ย 

It's funny, really, I couldย easilyย fart out like twenty concepts in a week (that is not an exaggeration) worth of gun concepts, but my viewers on deviantart wouldn't be satisfied with all the pencil-and-paper and neither would I.

Are. . . are you implying you were comissioned to walk around in public as a ponified Krieg?

ย 

ย  ย Also, I COMPLETELY forgot about both your and our shared Deviantart accounts, dem it! I'll have to pay a proper visit.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

While you're here, any thoughts on some of the recent stuff like the Neophytou? I ain't particular lol

ย  ย I'll get right on that suh, just need to do a lil Warhammer clean-up and all should be well.

ย 

Grineer 'Toma' Shotgun

grineer__toma__acid_shotgun_by_haruaxema

ย 

STATS

Shared
Max Ammo: 100
Magazine: 5
Fire Rate: 2.6
Reload: 2.0s

ย 

Primary Fire:ย Corrosive Flechettes
Damage: 624
324 Corrosive
208 Slash
92 Puncture
Status Chance:ย 30%
Critical Chance:ย 10%
Critical Multiplier:ย 2.0x

ย 

Secondary Fire:ย Launcher
Status Chance:ย 28%
Critical Chance:ย 15%
Damage: 560 / 410 / 260 / 110ย 
380 Corrosive
160 Blast
20 Slash
Blast Radius: 4m / 3.6m / 3.2m / 2.8mย 

"Punch into single enemies, or saturate an area with this acid shotgun."

Lore

Developed in the Mercury-based Bioweaponry Production Zone under the command of Doctor Tengus, the Toma was an attempt to revisit the once-groundbreaking โ€˜Acridโ€™ pistol design. Mechanically, the Acrid and Toma couldnโ€™t be any more different. The Toma uses a liquid pumping system to more the ammo material and corrosive liquid from a large vial to the onboard foundry system, which then fabricates corrosive flechette rounds in a manner similar to that of the Hek. It then launches towards the enemy.ย 

However, the Toma comes with a unique feature. The magazine can be launched like a grenade, violently spraying corrosive chemicals over a wide area. The more rounds in the magazine, the more damage it does!ย 

Adding magazine mods doesย notย increase the maximum damage of this mode. 560 is the maximum, 110 is the minimum. Thatโ€™s fine and all on the Quadrille, butโ€ฆ itโ€™s not a good idea here. Itโ€™s just not.

Initially, it was seen as a questionable side project by Grineer High Command, but the Tomaโ€™s armor-melting properties were soon found to have great utility against Corpus machinery. Rumor has it that Operation V - the long rumored plot to invade the Orb Vallis - is considering this as a weapon. Itโ€™s also found a few niches within Grineer โ€˜Purgusโ€™ troops.

To protect from the acidโ€™s corrosive effect on Grineer alloy armor, troops equipped with the Toma come with magnetic shields.

Grineer โ€˜Kem' Troops:

These Grineer are likely to be a nasty shock. Not do they come equipped with magnetic shielding, they can deploy said shielding as portable cover similar to Vapos crewmen. Theyย alsoย have a charge attack, and like to close the gap between you and them.

Theyโ€™re also capable of walling off areas with Toma mags, which leave corrosive clouds on explosions. They also come with high inherent resistance to corrosive damage, as is necessary for their job.ย ย 

(Theyโ€™re not, however, resistant to radiation or viral.)ย 

ย 

Artist Notes:

As inspired by the Chemical Gun fromย Preyย - the original Human Head one, not the Arkane one.ย YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, BETHESDA.

Classicย Preyย is full of unique biotech weapons that could easily be made into Infested stuff. But the idea of an acid-firing shotgun/grenade launcher hybrid sounded super fun! I just hope I balanced the launcher mode well enough. It seemed logical for the number of rounds in the mag to increase base damage of the grenade.ย 

ย 

Originally, the idea was for it to fire liquid, but I didnโ€™t really find that a compelling idea. Liquid doesnโ€™t fly very far. I know, itโ€™s silly to talk realism in Warframe, but most of this stuff has to be at least believable to me. If I donโ€™t have that, wellโ€ฆ. thereโ€™s not much I can do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

which then fabricates corrosive flechette rounds in a manner similar to that of the Hek

Hek does that? Besides reminds me of:

grineer_reinforcements_7__part_1_by_hugi

On 2019-07-26 at 11:14 PM, HugintheCrow said:

The Malforn fires bolts of pure Nyth, which are made from the raw materialย the moment the user presses down on the trigger.

That bulb on the very back is a small Nyth dust pouch, essentially. Then it gets grinded into a solid spike in the revolver-mag-looking part.

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Hek does that? Besides reminds me of:

ย 

It was the only way I could think of to explain the magazine.

The Toma's, by the way, is the thing with Acrid-looking acid =D

4 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

That bulb on the very back is a small Nyth dust pouch, essentially. Then it gets grinded into a solid spike in the revolver-mag-looking part.

I remember that! ^~^

1 minute ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It was the only way I could think of to explain the magazine.

I read somewhere that Grineer use liquid ammo that solidifies when fired, so I guess?

And I don't even remember if I saw it somewhere, or made it up myself (I think I made it up myself), but I had an idea that their ammo is literally sphere-shaped and it doesn't matter which side it goes into the receiver, it can be shot regardless.

I was expecring another gun with ball ( the stug and the kraken literaly have balls ). Looks good.

12 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I read somewhere that Grineer use liquid ammo that solidifies when fired, so I guess?

And I don't even remember if I saw it somewhere, or made it up myself (I think I made it up myself), but I had an idea that their ammo is literally sphere-shaped and it doesn't matter which side it goes into the receiver, it can be shot regardless.

I don't recall any gun description ever stating that but their they quite commonly use spherical magazines with means they either use helicoidal magazines or they figured out a way to use liquid bullets. I more inclined to beleive on the liquid bullets due to the common randon ball on the gun.

GOOD NEWS EVERYJUAN

Fluffy's Warframe Concepts has createdย 100 concepts!ย When did that happen?!

In light of this, I've decided to put the Big Nukor off for something that feels reallyย special.ย Something that feels like a fun culmination of this thread. Not only am I going to post a bold, new, unique weapon I believeย everyoneย has wanted in this game at some point...

I'm also gonna post MORE GANYMEDE.

Stay tuned for the newย EUSTONย weapon, and more Ganymede!

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

UPDATE:ย 

In light of an assault cannon (You might be wondering what that is. HUEHUEHUEHUE) I'm releasing, and trying to keep the Bruin from being too overpowered, the Bruin's stats have been changed to:

• Magazine:ย 40
  • Total Damage: 71ย 
    • 44 Slash
    • 18 Impact
    • 9 Puncture
  • Punch-through:ย 0.5
  • Fire Rate: 8
  • Critical Chance:ย 32%
  • Critical Multiplier:ย 3.0x
  • Status Chance:ย 11%
  • Zoom Levels
    • Ironsights
    • "Reflex Sight" - adds +25% crit damage when using increased zoom. Full auto fire with said zoom and recoil patternย will probably be disorienting enough that people won't fire full auto using it.

And yes, it still has +50% bonus damage on headshots in addition to the normal 2.0x headshot multiplier. It's admittedly not as powerful, but - plus sides - it outdamages the Veldt even firing in semiauto, andย raising the fire rate gives me much more design space. Unfortunately, it also overpowers the Latron Wraith, but you know how powercreep be in this game.

This is a change from:ย 

• Magazine:ย 40
  • Total Damage: 77
    • 44 Slash
    • 18 Impact
    • 9 Puncture
  • Punch-through:ย 0.5
  • Fire Rate: 5.6
  • Critical Chance:ย 32%
  • Critical Multiplier:ย 3.0x
  • Status Chance:ย 12%
  • Zoom Levels
    • Ironsights
    • "Reflex Sight" - adds +16% crit damage when using increased zoom.

For those of you who don't remember the Bruin, it's this lever-action LMG. Incredibly, this is very heavily grounded in real life.ย I admittedly fudged a few things for the sake of making this work as a man-portable LMG, but the idea of a lever-action LMG was too funny not to do here.

Plus, I like the BAR.

dcatt0n-7f6bf8c5-f17e-439f-a1c3-6ec9a00d

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Stats Updort: Poyang

dc7m325-38c36ded-93a2-4c8c-9add-317300b2

(...this art's really quite primitive compared to my recent stuff. Ah well. At least I can take comfort in the fact that I did alright and imported a China Lake Launcher into Warframe.)

The Poyang has now receivedย STATS! As I have another grenade launcher comin' SOONโ„ข, and a grenade/shotgun hybrid pistol also comin SOONโ„ข, I've had to put some thought into how it relates to already existing grenade launchers from before I tried adding stats.ย 

So, now we all know. I did the math, the Corinth hasย slightlyย higher crit damage potential than this thing's shotgun mode. Not by much on paper, but you know how nutty this game's numbers can get.

Shared
Mag - 4+1
Fire Rate: 1.2
Reload: 3.2s

Shotgun
Damage: 560
310 Heat
220ย Slash
30 Punctureย 
10 Impact
Critical Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 2.5x
Status Chance: 25%

Launcher:
Damage: 432
196ย Blast
188ย Incendiary
10 Impact
30 Slash
Status Chance: 23%
Crit Chance:ย 33%
Crit Multiplier: 2.8x
Blast Radius: 4.5ย meters

2a2d01f18da9a5460890b8d5e7edc1e1.jpg

(Ain't it cool?)

On 2019-10-30 at 7:16 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer 'Toma' Shotgun

grineer__toma__acid_shotgun_by_haruaxema

ย 

STATS

Shared
Max Ammo: 100
Magazine: 5
Fire Rate: 2.6
Reload: 2.0s

ย 

Primary Fire:ย Corrosive Flechettes
Damage: 624
324 Corrosive
208 Slash
92 Puncture
Status Chance:ย 30%
Critical Chance:ย 10%

ย 

Secondary Fire:ย Launcher
Status Chance:ย 28%
Critical Chance:ย 15%
Damage: 560 / 410 / 260 / 110ย 
380 Corrosive
160 Blast
20 Slash
Blast Radius: 4m / 3.6m / 3.2m / 2.8mย 

"Punch into single enemies, or saturate an area with this acid shotgun."

Lore

Developed in the Mercury-based Bioweaponry Production Zone under the command of Doctor Tengus, the Toma was an attempt to revisit the once-groundbreaking โ€˜Acridโ€™ pistol design. Mechanically, the Acrid and Toma couldnโ€™t be any more different. The Toma uses a liquid pumping system to more the ammo material and corrosive liquid from a large vial to the onboard foundry system, which then fabricates corrosive flechette rounds in a manner similar to that of the Hek. It then launches towards the enemy.ย 

However, the Toma comes with a unique feature. The magazine can be launched like a grenade, violently spraying corrosive chemicals over a wide area. The more rounds in the magazine, the more damage it does!ย 

Adding magazine mods doesย notย increase the maximum damage of this mode. 560 is the maximum, 110 is the minimum. Thatโ€™s fine and all on the Quadrille, butโ€ฆ itโ€™s not a good idea here. Itโ€™s just not.

Initially, it was seen as a questionable side project by Grineer High Command, but the Tomaโ€™s armor-melting properties were soon found to have great utility against Corpus machinery. Rumor has it that Operation V - the long rumored plot to invade the Orb Vallis - is considering this as a weapon. Itโ€™s also found a few niches within Grineer โ€˜Purgusโ€™ troops.

To protect from the acidโ€™s corrosive effect on Grineer alloy armor, troops equipped with the Toma come with magnetic shields.

Grineer โ€˜Kem' Troops:

These Grineer are likely to be a nasty shock. Not do they come equipped with magnetic shielding, they can deploy said shielding as portable cover similar to Vapos crewmen. Theyย alsoย have a charge attack, and like to close the gap between you and them.

Theyโ€™re also capable of walling off areas with Toma mags, which leave corrosive clouds on explosions. They also come with high inherent resistance to corrosive damage, as is necessary for their job.ย ย 

(Theyโ€™re not, however, resistant to radiation or viral.)ย 

ย 

Artist Notes:

As inspired by the Chemical Gun fromย Preyย - the original Human Head one, not the Arkane one.ย YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, BETHESDA.

Classicย Preyย is full of unique biotech weapons that could easily be made into Infested stuff. But the idea of an acid-firing shotgun/grenade launcher hybrid sounded super fun! I just hope I balanced the launcher mode well enough. It seemed logical for the number of rounds in the mag to increase base damage of the grenade.ย 

ย 

Originally, the idea was for it to fire liquid, but I didnโ€™t really find that a compelling idea. Liquid doesnโ€™t fly very far. I know, itโ€™s silly to talk realism in Warframe, but most of this stuff has to be at least believable to me. If I donโ€™t have that, wellโ€ฆ. thereโ€™s not much I can do.

ย  Now that the fires of small children playing inside the house in costume whileย quaffing candy bags and sugar drinks have ended, lets begin with the (rubber glove snap) examination, shall we?

ย 

"IZ NOTA TOMA! IZ NOT!"

ย 

Magazine Size: Fairlyย unique among the shotguns, if only because it mirrors a single other shotgun in existance. By the standards of the others, it treads a middle ground of capacity. Is the reservoir detachable, or, is it filled a "vial/chemical lump" at a time and this is as fast it takes to reach full?

ย 

Fire Rate: Elevated in comparison to other models, but, only by the tiniest margin.

ย 

Primary Damage Output: If it's mainline splats are indeed capped as is, then it falls onto the lower end of the "Big Oomph" sectionย of ย shotguns. Which, being the Big Oomph section, is not a thing to sneeze at. Does the Slashย and Puncture come from a sort of capsule it comes contained in, or does the corrosive chemical crystallize into a nasty jagged flecchette-esque structure?

Primary P.R.O.C. Chance Output:

Average for it's class, no more no less.

Primary Critical Chance:ย 

On the lower end of the scale in comparison to the other "brutish" shotguns, though, sitting on that lower end with several others.

Primary Critical Damage:

The exact same kinda average that all of the other shotguns that aren't specifically special or tweaked have.

ย 

Launcher Statusย Chance:

Sits upon the upper end ย of the average pool, in a good spot in my opinion.

Launcher Critical Chance:

Hm. . . interesting. Most of the Launcher tree leans either the Critical way orย the P.R.O.C. way. If this'd be how thisunย goes, then it'd be the first among the launchers to push into both the lower middle critical category AND the upper P.R.O.C. category at the same time.

Launcher Critical Damage:

Standard issue.

Launcher Damage:

Scaleing damage system eh? At its highest, it exceeds any previous explosives by over by several dozen points. Don't know how I feel about that there.

ย 

Ah, your tackle at Tenguswork, eh? I've only touched on him twice, with the nebulous idea for a boss battle floating around in me head for a few years, but, I don't want to mischaracterize the fellow with my idea.

ย 

ย 

11 minutes ago, Unus said:

Is the reservoir detachable

It's detachable - this thing isย literallyย just a shotgun from Prey (the 2006 one) that works exactly the same.ย 

ย 

12 minutes ago, Unus said:

or does the corrosive chemical crystallize into a nasty jagged flecchette-esque structure?

Yes.

Like I said, I was tempted to have it just shoot liquid, but I just... I just was not feeling it. ย The best thing a 100% status shotgun can do is have slash damage for days, so making this basically a shotgun version of the Acrid was unavoidable.

15 minutes ago, Unus said:

On the lower end of the scale in comparison to the other "brutish" shotguns, though, sitting on that lower end with several others.

ย 

If it's going to be this easy to give it 100% status, I figured low crit was probably for the best. Unless it's Strun Wraith.

ย 

17 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . interesting. Most of the Launcher tree leans either the Critical way orย the P.R.O.C. way. If this'd be how thisunย goes, then it'd be the first among the launchers to push into both the lower middle critical category AND the upper P.R.O.C. category at the same time.

ย 

...Would it? Huh. That's interesting. That'sย veryย interesting.

ย 

18 minutes ago, Unus said:

Scaleing damage system eh? At its highest, it exceeds any previous explosives by over by several dozen points. Don't know how I feel about that there.

ย 

It says the damage for the explosion on the Tonkor is 625, so I was basing it on on that.ย  Besides, I deliberately gave this thingย awfulย ammo economy to balance it a little. As for scaling, well...ย 

I didn't want to have magazine size mods or rivens break this weapon's DPSย (And I know full well that Warframe players wouldย absolutelyย do that) and turn this thing into another "Lanka BEST BOW" or "Tigris Prime BEST SNIPER" situation, so... I deliberately handicapped the DPS of the launching mode =D

21 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, your tackle at Tenguswork, eh? I've only touched on him twice, with the nebulous idea for a boss battle floating around in me head for a few years, but, I don't want to mischaracterize the fellow with my idea.

ย 

It seems to be pretty wellย  believed that the Acrid involves Infested... and, well, there was only one Grineer I could think of so unconcerned with risk that he'd work with Infested tissue. This made perfect sense.

ย 

59 minutes ago, Unus said:

The exact same kinda average that all of the other shotguns that aren't specifically special or tweaked have.

ย 

Crit damage just.... wasn't important. If someone gets a good riven that can somehow bring this up to 30% crit chance without blunderbuss, that's fine, but I don't like weapons that laugh in the face of crit even meaningย anything.

Explosive Rifle (Coming SOONโ„ข)

This...ย is notย the rifle I had planned for Ganymede's update, but things have been hella slow due to being in Boston and having threeย other writing projects going as I work on that update. So, I figured I'd post this to show that yes, I ain't dead yet.

IMG_3775.JPG?width=1156&height=746

ย 

"Some rail agents dropped by, flying at night like you're not supposed to. One Solaris, one... well, he said he was Saturnine but that doesn't seem right. Theyย sold us this bolt-action gun! It looks Grineer made, but see here, Tenno? This receiver, the stock, they're all made out of pipes welded together. And I think there's part of a wrench and some leather used for that pistol grip!"

"See, it uses a Grattler barrelย - The Saturnine said they took it from a downed transport. So itย uses the same ammo Grineer use in their heavier machineguns, and they customized it so it hits like a charging Kubrodon. And explodes on impact! The rest is mostly made from scratch. As for the Lankaย scope, well... you Tenno leave enough broken Lankas every day.

I asked the Saturnine where it came from, and he says it's common enough on Titan, Enceladus, and Siaarnaq. Says one of the only advantages you have over Grineer is distance, and a well-placed shot from this will down any one of them. There's two things that bother me, though - first it's such a perfect weapon for us. Simple, easy to maintain, blows up Grineer... and uses their same ammo. It's almostย tooย perfect. Second, the Solaris said: 'The Business values working with you.'

He had a Jovian accent, too. I can only assume that means he was working with one of the crime syndicates of the Outers. Or otherwise, it means these two Solaris were with...ย him."

I actually had this idea long before the Chakkhurr came out! So here's how it is compared to that weapon.

1. Shorter Reload
  2. Higher fire rate
  3. Capable of 100% status.
  4. Lower crit chance but higher base damage and crit multiplier
  5. Larger blast radius
  6. Rounds behave exactly like the Grattler's. Punch-through and blast radius and all.

More on this as it develops!