The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑯 𝑨𝑵𝑵𝑰𝑽𝑬𝑹𝑺𝑨𝑹𝒀 𝑹𝑬𝑫𝑹𝑨𝑾 - 𝑻𝑬𝑵𝑵𝑶 𝑨𝑵-94!!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Corpus 'Vos Plasmoid' Plasma Grenade Pistol

corpus__vos_plasmoid__plasma_grenade_pis

Vos Armaments presents the Vos Plasmoid! This revolver-styled pistol is named for its plasmoid bomblets that explode on contact. Unlike other Corpus revolvers, it is not demonstrable proof the Void Mind is real and hates you!”

Mag: 5
Trigger: Semi
Fire Rate: 2
Reload Time: 2s

Impact

Damage: 95
    Impact: 60

Puncture: 20
   Slash: 15
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Blast Radius: 4m
Non-Hitscan
Velocity: (No idea, but slower than the Estampida)

Radial:

Damage: 95
    Heat: 40
    Magnetic: 20
    Impact: 35
Status chance: 28%
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Projectile type: radial

Special Traits:
Plasmoid Envelope: Plasma bomblets explode on impact, dealing two status effects per hit in a 3.2 meter radius in a manner similar to the Astilla. This does a guaranteed magnetic proc. Because who cares about magnetic, really.
Accuracy: It does NOT, in fact, fire its projectiles in a perfect triangle.

Lore

Using research that was definitely not stolen from Arca’s laboratories or Alad V’s Amalgam Project, Vos Armaments set to creating a new plasma weapon, styled after Yesha Vos’ prized antique colony-made revolvers, some of which were definitely Old War era salvage or salvaged from fallen Tenno, and absolutely not gifts for totally dishonorable service to the Tenno Cause.

(This research absolutely was not stolen by Tenno operatives, and Yesha Vos would absolutely not hire Betrayers. That would totally be outside Yesha Vos’ observed price range, and they would have absolutely no reason to help someone who does not give them weapons pro bono. Also that would be wrong.)

The Vos Plasmoid uses four electromagnetic rails to launch a plasmoid at enemies. Its similarities to the Arca Plasmor’s projectiles are totally coincidental, and impossible to verify given that they are encased in a magnetic envelope that destabilizes on impact, causing the plasma to violently explode.

While its shield disruption capabilities are of questionable utility to Corpus, (except when fighting tenno) it has nonetheless proven devastating against crowds of Grineer and Infested alike.

Interestingly, the cylinder-like structure is not, in fact, a traditional revolver cylinder - it is a hollow cylinder containing a hollow pipe meant to superconduct and channel the plasma into the magnetic rails. It swings out at a 30 degree angle to the rest of the pistol, similar to the Russian OTS-38 revolver.

Artist Notes: 

Originally, this was meant to be a Corpus version of the M6 Punt from Killzone Shadowfall. Perhaps, in time, I will do that. But… I’m not feeling it, doods. I was trying to make a pocket Opticor in that vein, with 50% and 100% charged modes, and firing a non-hitscan explosive, but… I just….

I dunno, I just didn’t feel it.

Instead, this is more like the EPG from Titanfall 2. It’s a launcher pistol that’s a bit closer to stuff like the Angstrum and Kulstar than some of my earlier launcher pistols, like the Hiro. Which, perfectly honest, has more in common with the Lex Prime. But with minirockets. Neat, huh? Unlike those, this is - much like the EPG - much more reliant on direct hits than splash damage.

Comparisons

Estampida: The Estampida is… despite being meant as a slow heavy revolver… faster in every way. And better at long range. It’s much more of a precision weapon. Plus, it can out damage virtually anything short of a sniper rifle on headshots. Math is funny that way.

Hiro: The Hiro is faster, and has better status, but this has better crit and a higher blast radius.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

7 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Corpus psychologist:

"The void mind doesn't exist and can't hurt you."

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

h

Spoiler

E

Spoiler

y

Spoiler
Spoiler

K

Spoiler

i

Spoiler

D

Spoiler

d

Spoiler

O

Spoiler

ḧ̴̙̯̥́e̸͙̊͗͊͜y̵̘͌ ̶͖̬̈́̾k̸͔͈̳͋͝i̶̤̻̓̈́̓d̴̪́̐d̵̙̞̬͝͝ő̸̞̄̀
̵̯͔͌̓͠ ̴͙̳͎̈̿̚ ̴̞̽̊̈́ ̵͖̓̆ĥ̵̢̼̑ ̵̻͝e̶̯̒͐͘ ̶̺̣̰̀͝
̷͈̲͖̈́̒ ̴̢̪̪͑́ ̴͍͝ ̵̜͉̆̉ ̶̞̀̈́͌é̵̖̲̭ ̸̜̈́
̴̧̢͑͌̑ ̵̣̈͑ ̶͚̒́͜ ̶̜̃͑͗ ̵̰̥̿̓̾ ̴͎͇͙̀̅̿ ̵̗̂̎ ̵̙͗ ̸̺͊y̴̻͐ ̶̟͈̙͆ý̶̩͈ ̴̫̽͊͠y̴̳̯̖̔̍ ̵̬̞͛
̷̢̲͐̕ ̸͚̲́̓ ̸̬̻́̽̽ ̷̠̦̬̀͗̽e̸̙͊̚̕ ̵̗́ỵ̸̨̒͒ ̴̦͂̀ ̷̬͕͐͜ ̴͇̜̘͆͋͝ ̵̫̀ ̶̃́̒͜ ̸̯̘̔ ̸̨͚̀͋̉ ̶͉̰̈͋ ̸̦̹͠ ̵͉̣̄ ̶̬̲̜̿͊ ̸̲̠̄̾̃ ̶͍̱͓̉ ̷̡͍̾̎k̵̻͑
̴̼̀ ̴̦̑͘ͅ ̵̫͚̿ ̴̣͙̋̎́ ̶̰͈͈̇ ̸̬̰̤͝ ̸͍̖͗̿ ̶͕͘̕͜ ̵̘̟̘̿ ̴̢̪͂̔ ̷̐͜k̵͍̯͗̌͌ ̸̬̄ ̴̤͆̑̕ ̷̪͍̅ ̴̫̙̂̀ ̵̡̙̱̽͆i̴̪͒ ̸̨͙͝ ̸̮͇̓ ̷̺́̓ ̶̯̍͘ ̶̫̱̒ ̸̧̇̃ ̵͚̯̦͒͂̔ ̷͓̺̥̈́o̶̗͈̠͆͌̆
̴̘̲͉̊ ̸̝͌͛̂ ̷̢͔͋ ̷̥̰̬̈ ̷̪̘̪͂ ̷̜̬͚̔ ̷̬̭̃̉ ̴̹̻̫͋̂ ̴̦̦̅̃͌ͅ ̸͚͚̗̏͘ ̵͍̕̚ ̵̮͍̀̎ ̶̩̻̌͊̚ ̷̭̗͎͘i̶̗͓̊͐͑ ̷̖̰̒̄̄ ̴̯̭͈͌̾͛ ̵̪̽̓͂ ̴̝̻̱̋ ̸̤̉̚ ̵͓̏̍͂ ̸̡̠̒͌͜͝o̶̡̤̟̽
̶̪̦̽ ̸͖̣̦̾͘ ̷̰̐ ̶̭̖͚̉́̌ ̸̧̥̾ ̴̡̝̱̇͗̀ ̶͚́ ̶̠̪̆ ̸̰͓͋̈́̔ ̴̺́̂ ̶͚͎̀͛ ̵̩͓̮͒̽ ̴̤̰̿͆ ̷̯̾̌ ̷̱̱̏̊͋ ̶̜̞̌̕D̸̤͊̕ ̶̙͍͕̽̂͘ ̵͈͊͒́ ̶̩̮̀ ̵͎̒ ̶̖͖̓̊̒ ̶̺̏ ̶̼̝̀̄͜ ̵̰͎͋ ̶̬̈́̎ ̵̨͙͂ ̴̢̧̳̓͝d̴̡̨́͝
̴̘͓̱̈́̃ ̸̮͋ ̵͍̗͊ ̶͉͙͇̆͛͗ ̸͙̌̃̎ ̸̩̂ ̵͉̼̫̀͝ ̸̣̯̈͑ ̸̤͓̏͛͝ ̸̪̳̉ ̷̡̿̌ ̷̖͚̻̇̋ ̷̤̱͛̎̆͜ ̷̰̼̒̔͝ ̵̯̈͂͝ ̵̫̐̅̾ ̴̠̹̈́̚ ̷̫̟̱̓ ̷̛̬̠̤ḑ̵̔̿͠ ̵̬̳̑͊
̶̨̨͔͋̏̔ ̶̢̳̜͐̚ ̴͇̍̍ ̵͓̪̯̒̽̋ ̷̛͚͋ ̸̧̽͊ ̸͔͔̾͐͘ ̴̜͉̹̓̌̔ ̸͉͕͈͊ ̸͔̇͐̈́ ̷̪́̈̽ ̵̮̲́̑̕ ̴̢͚̐͠ͅ ̴̜̼̣̑̍ ̴͈̲̝̆̓͗ ̴̢̝͛͑ͅ ̷̙̱̈́̎ ̴̻̻̞̚ ̶̯̩̮́ ̵̬̫̃ ̴̛͎̯͝ ̶͍̏͜͝ ̶̫̖̀̕o̷̭̾
̴̲̹̰̑ ̷̣̳̪̈͊͝ ̵̳̠̥̃̃ ̵͎͕̔ ̸̺̯͇͗̑ ̸̧̮̠̉͑ ̶͚̀́͆ ̸͖̒ ̶̘͙̓̒ ̴͙̏ ̴̬́̆ ̶̨̞̩̓͝͝ ̸̣̼͛ ̸̼̞͈̀͗̏ ̷̠̂̈͜͜ ̴̳̚ ̶̮̎͌ ̴̯͂͐ ̸͇̇̋̈ ̶͇̟͒̅͗ ̷̫̣̝̀̄ ̴͓͈̒̓ ̵͚̜́͌ ̴̛̮̂̄ ̸̮̤̦̀̿H̵̄͊̓ͅE̸̡̺̽̇̕Y̷̘̜̍̓͝ ̶͎͖̑̀K̵̝͕͇̂̊I̵͍̬͋̑̆D̴̘̅D̶̠͇̤͋͘Ö̷͚̯

LFWGm3k.png

All seriousness though, the Void Mind is actually an old quasi-religious belief from both Himalia and Ganymede, some of the oldest (but not strongest) enclaves of Corpus and outer planets citizenry. Its adherents believed that the Void was a parasite from a dimension beyond the ability of humans to understand, feeding off the thoughts and dreams of humanity. They also believed that the Orokin had transgressed greatly and caused permanent damage to the solar system and even (perhaps) the fabric of reality. After all, they reasoned, it wasn't like having a hole from one dimension to another beyond the bounds of Pluto was a good thing.

Unfortunately, they were subsumed by the Temple of Profit, who incorporated their teachings, so this sect is a shadow of what they once were. Vos actually grew up hearing about this sort of thing!

Also, the "demonstrable proof that the Void Mind hates you" part is because Vos loathed the Plinx with every fiber of his being, and soon claimed that he preferred the Vasto Prime he owned. This was in part due to his ingrained fear of Sentients due to his very traditionalist youth. In fact, a large part of why Vos Armaments is so much more restrained than current designs from Salad V or Anyo Corp is that he wants to focus on mostly human ingenuity, and doesn't trust Sentient-derived tech.

Also the Plinx just isn't a very good revolver. Speaking of revolvers, it reloads like this!

1287754226.jpg

I was trying to make a Corpus homage to the Graviton Beam Emitter, and I wanted a more distinct reload mechanism, so I did this.

Any thoughts on the Plasmoid, btw?

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Graviton Beam Emitter

I just noticed that frontal cross-slit part.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It does NOT, in fact, fire its projectiles in a perfect triangle.

So it shoots 3 projectiles per trigger pull?

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

So it shoots 3 projectiles per trigger pull?

Nope 😛 Just one. Before multishot, anyway. I've just noticed that with the Kulstar and Angstrum, they shoot in perfect triangles, which makes it kind of hard to aim directly at enemies. The plasmoid does not.

5 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I just noticed that frontal cross-slit part.

Specifically inspired by this silhouette of it:

latest?cb=20180813183042

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Nope 😛 Just one. Before multishot, anyway. I've just noticed that with the Kulstar and Angstrum, they shoot in perfect triangles, which makes it kind of hard to aim directly at enemies. The plasmoid does not.

Oh, ok.

Art Dump 11: Real Shotgun Hours Whomst Up

So it's probably well-known at this point that I plan on releasing a Tenno Neostead shotgun SOON™. Because it's a double-magazine-tube, break-open, 12-round, forward-pumping shotgun. I don't even need to make that more absurd for Warframe. It already is. I'm genuinely surprised DE hasn't homaged that yet.

But, y'know. I got to :thonking:. And I tallied it up, and... I haven't made a Grineer shotgun for close to two years. There's seven Tenno shotguns (six if you don't count the Poyang) versus 2 Corpus, and 1 Grineer that's ancient in concepting years. And out of those shotguns five are based on actually scratch that, I'm pretty happy with how they've all turned out, especially the Tenebrae, Somesha, and maybe Poyang. But THAT ASIDE...

I gotta step up my shotgunning game! So I drew up six, and I want to see your opinion: What should I make next? 

From top to bottom, left to right, here we go:

filename_by_haruaxeman_ddc7yde-pre.jpg?t

1. Corpus Hunting Shotgun: (Ablatus?)

This is an electric-damage crit shotgun that acts similar to the Plasmor - but not quite. It fires a slow-moving, slowly expanding ball of electricity that electrocutes anything within one meter as it travels through the air... Except it explodes on contact with targets. It's a mostly crit weapon, as Nef Anyo demanded a weapon that would leave minimal external to targets in question, so he and his fellow aspiring Vallis hunters could have the perfect trophy.

Unfortunately, this leaves the target it hits in unspeakable agony.

2. Spectacor (Cephalon):

Cephalon-designed electric-based status shotgun that fires electrolaser beams through a prism made from exotic Venusian materials. Direct hits have a chance to arc to enemies, with increased chance on headshots. Think of this as the Amprex, but as a semiautomatic shotgun.

Doubles as a welding or cutting tool. And a spectrometer.

3. Booshka (Grineer)

Multirocket launcher that fires 12 minirockets per shot, as inspired by both Torgue and the Smoking Daisy from Spacelords (MUTHA MUTHA). Basically, this is a Torgue shotgun, as lovingly homaging the 50 accuracy Torgue Ravager I had once. You will be missed, Torgue Ravager. You were the sh*t.

Fires three shots.

4. Untitled Sentient Shotgun

I have no idea at all what this does! I just thought it was the only aesthetic I hadn't used yet.

5. Untitled Grineer Pump-Action Shotgun

I have no idea what this does, either. But I purposefully designed it to look like a pump-action shotgun as filtered through the mind of someone with a head injury. The idea is that it uses the same semiliquid ammo as weapons like the Hek, but you pump it into the receiver. Mostly, this is just a vessel for visual puns!

6. Emesis: (Infested)

Fires globs of Corrosive liquid at high enough pressure to cut steel. Altfire to launch the contents of the entire magazine as a corrosive grenade!

8 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I know it's kinda random to say it now, but your thread's title still says Soma-burst rifle is the latest weapon.

Yeah, I know... 

I was just too lazy to change it until now. 😛  While you're here, I might as well ask - which shotgun do you want me to do here?

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Yeah, I know... 

I was just too lazy to change it until now. 😛  While you're here, I might as well ask - which shotgun do you want me to do here?

All of them. Ha, gottem!

But throwing a little curveball, I'm interested in the Spectacor + the Sentient gun looks cool.

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

All of them. Ha, gottem!

I actually do hope to do all of them! REVERSE GOTTEM

4 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

But throwing a little curveball, I'm interested in the Spectacor + the Sentient gun looks cool.

The hunting shotgun was what started all this, and I was thinking I'd have some fun making Corpus hunting firearms. But, y'know, that sounds doable. Because  - if we count hybrid stuff like the Cyanex, Komorex, Ocucor, Battacor, Revenant's weapons, and don't count unique variants, we actually have fewer Cephalon weapons than Sentient weapons.

It'd be a nice change of pace.

On 2019-07-21 at 10:44 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Art Dump 11: Real Shotgun Hours Whomst Up

So it's probably well-known at this point that I plan on releasing a Tenno Neostead shotgun SOON™. Because it's a double-magazine-tube, break-open, 12-round, forward-pumping shotgun. I don't even need to make that more absurd for Warframe. It already is. I'm genuinely surprised DE hasn't homaged that yet.

But, y'know. I got to :thonking:. And I tallied it up, and... I haven't made a Grineer shotgun for close to two years. There's seven Tenno shotguns (six if you don't count the Poyang) versus 2 Corpus, and 1 Grineer that's ancient in concepting years. And out of those shotguns five are based on actually scratch that, I'm pretty happy with how they've all turned out, especially the Tenebrae, Somesha, and maybe Poyang. But THAT ASIDE...

I gotta step up my shotgunning game! So I drew up six, and I want to see your opinion: What should I make next? 

From top to bottom, left to right, here we go:

filename_by_haruaxeman_ddc7yde-pre.jpg?t

1. Corpus Hunting Shotgun: (Ablatus?)

This is an electric-damage crit shotgun that acts similar to the Plasmor - but not quite. It fires a slow-moving, slowly expanding ball of electricity that electrocutes anything within one meter as it travels through the air... Except it explodes on contact with targets. It's a mostly crit weapon, as Nef Anyo demanded a weapon that would leave minimal external to targets in question, so he and his fellow aspiring Vallis hunters could have the perfect trophy.

Unfortunately, this leaves the target it hits in unspeakable agony.

2. Spectacor (Cephalon):

Cephalon-designed electric-based status shotgun that fires electrolaser beams through a prism made from exotic Venusian materials. Direct hits have a chance to arc to enemies, with increased chance on headshots. Think of this as the Amprex, but as a semiautomatic shotgun.

Doubles as a welding or cutting tool. And a spectrometer.

3. Booshka (Grineer)

Multirocket launcher that fires 12 minirockets per shot, as inspired by both Torgue and the Smoking Daisy from Spacelords (MUTHA MUTHA). Basically, this is a Torgue shotgun, as lovingly homaging the 50 accuracy Torgue Ravager I had once. You will be missed, Torgue Ravager. You were the sh*t.

Fires three shots.

4. Untitled Sentient Shotgun

I have no idea at all what this does! I just thought it was the only aesthetic I hadn't used yet.

5. Untitled Grineer Pump-Action Shotgun

I have no idea what this does, either. But I purposefully designed it to look like a pump-action shotgun as filtered through the mind of someone with a head injury. The idea is that it uses the same semiliquid ammo as weapons like the Hek, but you pump it into the receiver. Mostly, this is just a vessel for visual puns!

6. Emesis: (Infested)

Fires globs of Corrosive liquid at high enough pressure to cut steel. Altfire to launch the contents of the entire magazine as a corrosive grenade!

Giving it a clearheaded sniff or 12, I think your energies can be directed towards the Sentient piece, as experimental in-universe as it is for you, given all my Sentient technology has been significantly esoteric rather then any kind of "manhandled into human ergonomics" style.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Giving it a clearheaded sniff or 12, I think your energies can be directed towards the Sentient piece, as experimental in-universe as it is for you, given all my Sentient technology has been significantly esoteric rather then any kind of "manhandled into human ergonomics" style.

Interesting idea... 

I just wish I knew what the thing actually did.  You do raise a good point though about it being experimental. Perhaps it can be another Amalgam weapon. It's not like I had a bunch of weapons beside the Komorex to work from! 😛So, going by that, I know it's going to be mostly kind of an orange color (Sentient/Corpus hybrid weapons are always kind of an orange pink. Weird, huh?) and have an altfire. Which is also weird because every primary shotgun I've done in this thread has an altfire.

Fun fact, the sentient shotgun was inspired by this thing:

0406089ffd90b7caf78fb22a836463d1.jpg

Any thoughts on some of the thread's other offerings?

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Interesting idea... 

I just wish I knew what the thing actually did.  You do raise a good point though about it being experimental. Perhaps it can be another Amalgam weapon. It's not like I had a bunch of weapons beside the Komorex to work from! 😛So, going by that, I know it's going to be mostly kind of an orange color (Sentient/Corpus hybrid weapons are always kind of an orange pink. Weird, huh?) and have an altfire. Which is also weird because every primary shotgun I've done in this thread has an altfire.

Fun fact, the sentient shotgun was inspired by this thing:

0406089ffd90b7caf78fb22a836463d1.jpg

Any thoughts on some of the thread's other offerings?

Ell, I think you need only to look at what's been put into the game as is and determine what might be missing! That's how alotta my Pit functioned in the elder days.

Will get to them accordingly! Blasted exhaustion due to a mangled sleep-schedule has been nagging at me lately.

41 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ell, I think you need only to look at what's been put into the game as is and determine what might be missing!

Why do you think there's so many battle rifles? 😛 Or the Somesha? And so many revolvers- okay, that last part is just because I wanted to.

Though by that logic, I should definitely get around to more SMGs. We've only got the one, after all. 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Will get to them accordingly! Blasted exhaustion due to a mangled sleep-schedule has been nagging at me lately.

Don't even trip, dawg. It happens.

Awright. So, the Cephalon "Spectacor" shotgun's lineart is finished (...I guess it does qualify as lineart...). But, well, I'm not overly confident about it because the Cephalon aesthetic was even harder for me to get a handle on than the few Sentient weapons I've done. On account of us having even less to work with than the Sentients. Crazy, huh?

Which is why I'm doing something a little different this time. Instead of posting a finished, colored gun... I'm gonna post the Spectacor's lineart in this thread, in a new thread dedicated to it specifically, and a discord thread. And I'm gonna ask for critique. 

More on this as it develops, cause I got work to do and shouldn't be posting right now.

Pre-Concepting - The Cephalon Shotgun

Once upon a time, this would've been the whole drawing. But not today - today I'm doing something a little different. See, the Warframe shotgun I'm working on here (Which fires electrolasers that can arc to enemies) uses the Cephalon aesthetic, perhaps the least-used aesthetic in this game. 

But: I want to know, before I start coloring - what should I change? Is there anything about the Cephalon aesthetic that I've missed?

upcoming_cephalon_shotgun_by_haruaxeman_

(Tagging @Unus and @Almighty_Jado because they seemed like the best people to ask)

Pre-Concepting - The Cephalon Shotgun

Once upon a time, this would've been the whole drawing. But not today - today I'm doing something a little different. See, the Warframe shotgun I'm working on here (Which fires electrolasers that can arc to enemies) uses the Cephalon aesthetic, perhaps the least-used aesthetic in this game. 

But: I want to know, before I start coloring - what should I change? Is there anything about the Cephalon aesthetic that I've missed?

upcoming_cephalon_shotgun_by_haruaxeman_

(Tagging @Unus and @Almighty_Jado because they seemed like the best people to ask)

Entirely based off of previous cephalonic models. . . hm. . . those "stringy" portions on the lower section, can you convert them into "datalines" similar to the "data-loops" the Simulor has on it's rear?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Simulor?file=CephPrimary.png

In addition, based on similar models, the little tentacle nubbins that stick out on the top disrupt the seemingly smooth-typical form-factor of Cehpalonic design.

This is all based on personal observation of previous designs acourse, they can easily be pushed aside for the sake of provideing something new.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Entirely based off of previous cephalonic models. . . hm. . . those "stringy" portions on the lower section, can you convert them into "datalines" similar to the "data-loops" the Simulor has on it's rear?

Funnily enough, that's exactly what they were there for. At least, there's definitely something I drew in this for that exact purpose...

1 hour ago, Unus said:

In addition, based on similar models, the little tentacle nubbins that stick out on the top disrupt the seemingly smooth-typical form-factor of Cehpalonic design.

Ah, that's because of Halo 4.

dec1358cfd32ff18acdf764524aeaf4f.jpg

The Promethean aesthetic was the only weapon aesthetic I could think of that also included floaty bits, so I just sorta worked from there. I'm also gonna be having one of those black and yellow dotted lines that run the length of the Simulor and Gammacor to replace the yellow line that runs the length of the scattershot.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

This is all based on personal observation of previous designs acourse, they can easily be pushed aside for the sake of provideing something new.

I think I'll just shrug and say it's a sighting mechanism =D You know how I get about adding sights on this stuff!

2 hours ago, Unus said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Simulor?file=CephPrimary.png

This is a bit of an aside, but I think those stringy portions and other added noodely tentacle bits could easily work for an Infested/Cephalon hybrid design.

In other shotgun news, the Tenebrae has received a slight buff! Nothing on the same level as the PRISMA GORGON's buff (I love Prisma Gorgon so much ) which turned it into a crit monster with an excellent Riven disposition, but more something to bring its pump-action mode a little closer to the Corinth's damage profile.

Pump-action was always intended to be a crit shotgun that was something of a side-grade to the Corinth. Like the Stradavar's automatic mode to most other weapons... but I was more concerned with balancing it alongside the Vaykor Hek than the Corinth, not taking the Corinth's low RoF into account.  The changes are, as listed below:

Changes

Semi-Auto:

• Crit Chance buffed from 13% to 16%.
  • Range buffed from 14/28 to 16/30
  • Status Chance buffed from 30% to 37% to encourage build freedom.

Pump-Action:

• Crit Multiplier buffed from 2.6 to 2.8 (After all, the Corinth has 21 more damage - Barring an absurd Hexacron riven or something, the Corinth is always going to crit better)
  • Status Chance buffed from 16% to 20% (For laughs)
  • Range buffed from 19/38 to 22/40
  • Damage Reduction reduced to 50%
On 2019-04-06 at 1:46 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno ‘Tenebrae’ Tactical Shotgun
7-round pump/semiauto shotgun

“Tactical shotgun of the Orokin era, used in the Origin System homefront during the chaotic heights of the Old War. Fire in semiauto for high-status damage, or fire in pump-action to release a swarm of radioactive high-crit breaching flechettes.”
—Lotus

Lore
“Suspects? No, no no no. No. I can’t order a fireteam of Tenno to pick up Tenebra shotguns and go after everyone with a motive. That’s half the colony. We won’t be able to replace that kind of manpower.”
Executor Amita, administrator of Ganymede.

As wartime sabotage of Outer Planets industry became more and more common by the day, Old War-era Orokin came to an unpleasant realization: It was not why anyone want the Orokin dead, it was how many people would.

Bidanian theists. Old Lokites. Descendants of old Independent Ganymedeans. Tribals from primitive worlds such as Mars, who saw the Sentients as gods. Agitators who (perhaps justifiably) thought their worlds had been used as breeding grounds for Infestation. And downtrodden Origin System residents so beaten down by the Orokin that they would have taken anything as a change of pace.

The Tenebrae was specifically designed for use against the strongholds of these anti-Orokin elements.  And Sentients, of course. The latter was achieved through the use of a small atomic battery linked to the onboard nanoforge, allowing this to fire radioactive munitions.

Semiauto mode gave it a high rate of fire in close quarters, firing a spray of flechettes that tumbled inside the bodies of fleshier targets and wore away at Sentient armor. Their lower penetration gave them unexpected versatility on spaceships. Meanwhile, pump-action mode “overcharged’ the shotgun’s flechette ammunition. Flechettes fired at hard surfaces would explode, while also flinging a series of tiny projectiles through a target into anything unfortunate enough to  be behind the target.

While this was originally intended to breach doors, it was only a matter of time before someone used it on a living target. Wounds created by this weapon would be (rightly) considered war crimes by any nation predating the Orokin.

Mechanics  

Think of this as a bifurcated Strun Wraith. The Strun Wraith, as it happens, is an extraordinarily enjoyable shotgun for me because you can build it for crit and status at the same time. So this takes both aspects, separates them into different fire modes, and exaggerates them.

Semiauto mode is your standard slash status shotgun stuff. Capable of 100% status… but with a twist in that it has disproportionately, absurdly high crit multiplier by shotgun standards. I thought it was funny.

Pump mode, however, is much more unique. Not only does it have increased zoom, range, and accuracy over semi mode, but every individual flechette can cause 2 status instances as there’s an AoE effect around the impact point. 

The easiest way to describe this is to ask you to imagine if the Astilla had punch through - and, instead of the shells only shattering on hard surfaces, there was only an AoE effect on the first thing they impacted. Then, the shell would go on its merry way, overpenetrating enemies but not shattering again.  Also, it's multiple projectiles that do this.

This effect, by the way, would not be affected by punch-through. Punch through merely determines how many enemies are overpenetrated after the initial explosion.  It sounds weird and I guess it is weird.

The reason that both fire modes have these odd attributes is simple. I figured people weren’t going to have much build freedom with something like this, and I thought it’d be funny to have some bleedover from mode to mode. A status build will give pump mode a lot of fun status shenanigans, and a crit build will cause some fun crit shenanigans with pump-action fire.

P.S: Don’t worry, pump mode does not have self-damage. I’m not a monster.

P.S.S: The ideal riven for this would be a Hexacron, or something similar with critical and status attributes.

Stats:

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing when it comes to these stats. If this turns out to invalidate something… then stop me. Please. I will listen.

Shared:
    Trigger: Semi
    magazine - 7
    Reserve Ammo - 100
    Pellets - 7
    Reload - 2.5s

Semi
    Fire Rate: 3.2
     Accuracy: 6.1 
    Damage: 518
            Slash: 240
            Radiation: 162
            Impact: 84
            Puncture: 32
    Crit Chance: 16%
    Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
    Status Chance: 37%
    Damage Falloff:
            Max Damage up to 17m
            Min Damage at 30m
            40% Max Reduction

Pump
        Fire Rate: 1.15
         Accuracy: 10
        Damage: 518
            Puncture: 240
            Radiation: 162
            Slash: 94
            Impact: 22
        Crit Chance: 33%
        Crit Multiplier: 2.9x
        Status Chance: 20%
        Damage Falloff:
            Max Damage up to 22m
            Min Damage at 40m
            50% Max Reduction
        Blast Radius (per pellet) - 1 meter (Yeah, don't add firestorm)

24 minutes ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

This is a bit of an aside, but I think those stringy portions and other added noodely tentacle bits could easily work for an Infested/Cephalon hybrid design.

...That's a really good idea. Unlike their cousins, the Sentients, we know full well that Cephalons can be Infested.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...That's a really good idea. Unlike their cousins, the Sentients, we know full well that Cephalons can be Infested.

I had an idea for a weapon like that that was related to Jordas, but it fell by the wayside as other projects drew my attention.